PDA

View Full Version : How is it that Julian Assange is labeled a terrorist

Todd
08-17-2012, 09:48 AM
and guilty of espionage for revealing US government "secrets" but no one has accused that person who leaked or exposed the DHS purchase of the 750 million rounds of Ammo that is now being "classified", as being one? Is it easier just to label people conspiracy nuts?

Am I missing something.

pcosmar
08-17-2012, 09:51 AM
Am I missing something.

We live in a very twisted world.
It is hard at times for a sane and logical mind to grasp.

tangent4ronpaul
08-17-2012, 10:03 AM
Labeling political opponents as "terrorists" in this country is like handing out speeding tickets at the Indy 500.

-t

shane77m
08-17-2012, 10:35 AM
Before I started listening to Ron Paul I thought Assange was a terrorist.

youngbuck
08-17-2012, 01:35 PM
Before I started listening to Ron Paul I thought Assange was a terrorist.

I thought a terrorist was someone who used the threat of violence or other serious disruption and the subsequent fear induced by that threat as a tool for coercion, control, or forcing of an agenda.

I don't see how what Assange did meets that definition at all.

ETA: According to the above definition, our government is clearly the largest terrorist organization in the world.

awake
08-17-2012, 02:19 PM
The same way over a million dead Muslims have been labeled terrorists then killed...When the state, its hirelings and boot lickers label an enemy (opposition to their criminal gang) a "terrorist", public opinion shifts; people start to see "them" as vermin for which the state can murder with out rebuke.

It is a psychological method to get good people to do bad things to other people - you make the other person or group look less than human. Abortion is another wonderful example and application of this technique. We call it a fetus not a human so people will be more comfortable with the choice to "abort" it, not kill it.

Dr.3D
08-17-2012, 02:24 PM
The same way over a million dead Muslims have been labeled terrorists then killed...When the state, its hirelings and boot lickers label an enemy (opposition to their criminal gang) a "terrorist", public opinion shifts; people start to see "them" as vermin for which the state can murder with out rebuke.

So very true. Anyone the state deems as their enemy, is now called a terrorist. Watch out, just about anyone who disagrees with what the government is doing is going to be labeled a terrorist.

shane77m
08-17-2012, 03:46 PM
I thought a terrorist was someone who used the threat of violence or other serious disruption and the subsequent fear induced by that threat as a tool for coercion, control, or forcing of an agenda.

I don't see how what Assange did meets that definition at all.

ETA: According to the above definition, our government is clearly the largest terrorist organization in the world.

I was lead to believe that he supplied the "enemy" with intelligence with his leaks. Thus making him a terrorist.

DamianTV
08-17-2012, 03:50 PM
Why dont we compare Julian Assanage to Mark Zuckerberg for a second...

Julian Assanage: Gave private information on Corporations to the People, for Free
Mark Zuckerberg: Gave private information on People to Corporations, and charged for it.

Julian Assanage: Wanted for Crimes against Corporations
Mark Zuckerberg: Man of the Year

See the difference?

idiom
08-17-2012, 04:26 PM
He induces terror in the hearts of the establishment.

jonhowe
08-17-2012, 10:11 PM
Also, he looks like a Bond villain.