PDA

View Full Version : Former Ron Paul Staffer Excited to Represent Iowa City at Republican National Convention

RecoveringNeoCon
08-17-2012, 09:35 AM
http://iowacity.patch.com/articles/former-ron-paul-staffer-excited-to-represent-the-iowa-city-area-at-the-republican-convention

Some eyebrows were raised and some feathers ruffled back in June when 21 out of Iowa's 25 of Iowa's undeclared delegates went to Ron Paul supporters instead of to supporters of Rick Santorum or Mitt Romney, the state's top two finishers during Iowa's Republican Caucus.

But Ani DeGroot, 24, of Iowa City, one of those Ron Paul affiliated delegates heading to the Republican Convention in Tampa, said Tuesday that the tension between Liberty movement supporters and the rest of the Republican party is overblown.

"Our conservative values, limited spending, cutting the deficit, and defeating Obama: these are things I think we have in common that will actually unite us," DeGroot said. "I think we'll all come together at Tampa."

To that end, she says that she will support the Republican candidate who has the greatest chance of defeating President Barack Obama in November at the convention when it is held from Aug. 27 to 30. She said she's proud to represent Iowa City at the convention, as well as holding true to the conservative principles that she believes in.

Jeremy
08-17-2012, 10:15 AM
Ani is also a member here. Congrats!

sailingaway
08-17-2012, 10:27 AM
The original title seemed to be that she was likely to swing to vote for Romney at convention, in my google search. I am assuming that was the reporter's conclusion from her statement that she would vote for the candidate most likely to beat Obama, in the RNC.

Matt Collins
08-17-2012, 10:31 AM
Patch is like volunteer reporters I think.

sailingaway
08-17-2012, 12:05 PM
Yeah. Her chip in filled faster than any I've seen....

SilenceDewgooder
08-17-2012, 12:18 PM
The original title seemed to be that she was likely to swing to vote for Romney at convention, in my google search. I am assuming that was the reporter's conclusion from her statement that she would vote for the candidate most likely to beat Obama, in the RNC.

I ignored it initially because of the original title...

AniForLiberty
08-17-2012, 12:56 PM
I've corrected their quote to reflect accuracy: "To that end, she says that she will support the Republican candidate who has the greatest chance of defeating President Barack Obama in November [...]"

brandon
08-17-2012, 01:02 PM
Patch is like volunteer reporters I think.

My buddy is the chief editor of my local patch. It's a full time job and he does get paid for it.