PDA

View Full Version : Only Six Republicans on Arkansas Primary Ballot So Far

Bradley in DC
11-18-2007, 12:14 PM
http://www.ballot-access.org/2007/11/18/only-six-republicans-on-arkansas-primary-ballot-so-far-deadline-is-november-19/

Only Six Republicans on Arkansas Primary Ballot So Far; Deadline is November 19
November 18th, 2007
The Arkansas Republican Party requires presidential primary candidates to pay a filing fee of $15,000. So far six have done so: Rudy Giuliani, Mike Huckabee, John McCain, Ron Paul, Mitt Romney, and Fred Thompson. The deadline is Monday at noon, November 19.

angrydragon
11-18-2007, 12:28 PM
Ron Paul needs to get on top of this asap.

Edit: Oops, read too fast, didn't see his name.

Bradley in DC
11-18-2007, 12:38 PM
Ron Paul needs to get on top of this asap.

Read it again. Dr. Paul is on the ballot there.

MozoVote
11-18-2007, 12:45 PM
Will be interesting to see how much effort Paul (or anyone else) puts into competing in Huckabee's state.

me3
11-18-2007, 12:46 PM
Huckabee is not very popular in his own state. It's all up to our MeetUps, their doorwalking, phone banking and registering voters.

Micahyah
11-18-2007, 12:51 PM
It's time for Tancredo and Hunter to bow out and hopefully send some supporters our way.

hillertexas
11-18-2007, 12:55 PM
It's time for Tancredo and Hunter to bow out and hopefully send some supporters our way.

Agreed. This seems to be an indication that these two are bowing out soon. Let's find their Grassroots and "court" them before the candidate leaves the race (and probably takes down their website)

aksmith
11-18-2007, 01:01 PM
Hunter and Tancredo are both warmongers. Doubt they will send anyone our way. I fully expect them to either not endorse anyone or endorse someone we will really hate.

me3
11-18-2007, 01:06 PM
I'd rather they stay in, and further split the war vote by taking their combined 2~4%.

hillertexas
11-18-2007, 01:07 PM
Hunter and Tancredo are both warmongers. Doubt they will send anyone our way. I fully expect them to either not endorse anyone or endorse someone we will really hate.

You are right but maybe their supporters are merely uneducated

DRV45N05
11-18-2007, 01:26 PM
Tancredo's people will go to Ron, and I suspect he will endorse the good doctor. They're great friends, for one. But secondly, Tancredo and his supporters care about one thing and one thing only, and I think we all know what that is. Ron's probably the second toughest in the field on that issue, and most of Tancredo's supporters love Ron.

Hunter's supporters will go to the neocons.

majinkoola
11-18-2007, 02:05 PM
If both Tancredo and Hunter drop out, nearly all of their supporters from the southern border states will go to RP. Their supporters won't be the type who care that the media keeps saying Dr. Paul can't win, and they probably care about 1 issue, immigration.

People wouldn't vote for Hunter because he likes war. They'd vote for him because of immigration (or possibly trade policy, I'll bet that's miniscule though).

Adamsa
11-18-2007, 03:51 PM
Tancredo himself might back Ron. Hunter wouldn't.

Bradley in DC
11-18-2007, 04:12 PM

Last I checked a week or so ago, neither one was circulating petitions to gather signatures to get on the ballot in DC--neither was Fred Thompson! That said, it's backwards here (like many other things): one needs to put the slate of delegate candidates and alternates together BEFORE one can circulate the petitions. Often getting the slate together is extremely difficult. It took me several weeks and lots of work. (I'm not doing the DC ballot petitioning anymore though.) Circulating petitions in DC are Rudy, Mitt, McCain and Paul.

FreedomLover
11-18-2007, 05:30 PM
I imagine Tancredo supporters going to Paul and Hunter supporters going to Thompson

ItsTime
11-18-2007, 05:37 PM
war war war war war and one peace...

bbachtung
11-18-2007, 05:43 PM
Last I checked a week or so ago, neither one was circulating petitions to gather signatures to get on the ballot in DC--neither was Fred Thompson! That said, it's backwards here (like many other things): one needs to put the slate of delegate candidates and alternates together BEFORE one can circulate the petitions. Often getting the slate together is extremely difficult. It took me several weeks and lots of work. (I'm not doing the DC ballot petitioning anymore though.) Circulating petitions in DC are Rudy, Mitt, McCain and Paul.

Why aren't you doing the petitioning anymore? Did you have a falling-out? How is the petitioning going in D.C.?

Bradley in DC
11-18-2007, 05:50 PM
Why aren't you doing the petitioning anymore? Did you have a falling-out? How is the petitioning going in D.C.?

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=35524

JAHOGS
11-18-2007, 11:44 PM
Everybody here in Arkansas knows about the HUCKSTER'S problems. From the State Police Airplane to the computer software..... This guy will not do good in this state, but Hillary will. We have a good chance to place third in our state. I sure do hope all of our hard work in our meetup groups are doing well in Arkansas.

Janet0116
11-19-2007, 07:22 AM
JAHOGS, were you with us at the Little Rock Razorback game? We passed out a ton of free beer and RP literature, waved signs, etc. We got a lot of positive feedback from the people, I thought. We still have a name recognition problem here, but hopefully that will turn around soon. :)

garyallen59
11-19-2007, 07:43 AM
i heard something about sign-bombing on the 16th as well i thought that was a good idea to help with name recognition

John of Des Moines
11-19-2007, 08:38 AM

Having spoken to several Tancredo's supporters they'll come to us when Tom drops. At the Iowa straw poll had a Brownback dude say he threw his support behind Brownback too early, he liked our energy, said he'd support Paul when Brownback dropped. A candidates' supporters don't necessarily follow the lead (endorsement) of the drop-out loser.

John of Des Moines
11-19-2007, 08:40 AM
i heard something about sign-bombing on the 16th as well i thought that was a good idea to help with name recognition

Sign bombing is planned for 15h of December. Check out the threads here: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=191 for info.

Fyretrohl
11-19-2007, 09:29 AM
Okay...I have a question, half in jest and half serious, for the Arkansites. Didn't Arkansas vote Clinton into office...Twice? If you would put him in office, why not Huckabee?

Janet0116
11-19-2007, 09:42 AM
*le sigh* It's hard to explain, and this is all just my opinion.

A. Bill Clinton is special to Arkansans, he just is. lol Arkansas is historically a Democratic state, not Republican.

2. Huckabee is a Democrat at heart, he's just playing Republican. lol I think it's because he's really religious and the Republicans of late have somehow scared the Bible thumpers into following them.

III. Arkansans are weird.