PDA

View Full Version : The next money bomb theme...300?

Eric21ND
11-18-2007, 12:10 PM
Watching that youtube video got me thinking maybe the next big fund raising drive we plan should center around the 300 movie. Knowing how popular and successful the V for Vendetta movie tie in was, another movie with the same viral theme could work again.

There are some good parrells between the 300 movie and our campaign. Defending freedom, the outnumbered underdog going to battle against overwhelming forces stacked against them, etc. We could use the awesome Nine Inch Nails track (Just Like You Imagined) in the video.

What do you guys think? I was thinking maybe planning something 300 days before the election or would that be too late? I'm not even sure what day that is exactly?? Either way we should plan something that day.

Sematary
11-18-2007, 12:11 PM
I think after the 16th we should drop the money bomb idea. It will be played out.

Vvick727
11-18-2007, 12:12 PM
as much as i love that movie,

uh.. the hero dies.

TheNewYorker
11-18-2007, 12:12 PM
My idea:

As in, max out for ron paul by the 31st of december.

NewEnd
11-18-2007, 12:13 PM
That movie was crap, and no, it would be a terrible theme... the whole theme of 300 was just blood and violence... spartans cheering for freedom was ridiculous.

Eric21ND
11-18-2007, 12:14 PM
That movie was crap, and no, it would be a terrible theme... the whole theme of 300 was just blood and violence... spartans cheering for freedom was ridiculous.

If 10% of the people who watched that movie voted in the primary Paul would be the nominee ya know :p

Korey Kaczynski
11-18-2007, 12:15 PM

Yeah that movie was pretty ridiculous. Spartans fighting for democracy! Right...

Eric21ND
11-18-2007, 12:16 PM
I know they had helots for slaves/serfs and killed them indiscriminately...spare me the history lesson. I'm just throwing ideas out there.

constitutional
11-18-2007, 12:20 PM
Watching that youtube video got me thinking maybe the next big fund raising drive we plan should center around the 300 movie. Knowing how popular and successful the V for Vendetta movie tie in was, another movie with the same viral theme could work again.

There are some good parrells between the 300 movie and our campaign. Defending freedom, the outnumbered underdog going to battle against overwhelming forces stacked against them, etc. We could use the awesome Nine Inch Nails track (Just Like You Imagined) in the video.

What do you guys think? I was thinking maybe planning something 300 days before the election or would that be too late? I'm not even sure what day that is exactly?? Either way we should plan something that day.

NO! November 5th was NOT successful because of the "V FOR VENDETTA" movie. PERIOD. It was a ridiculous idea and I still stand by that notion. We could have achieved the same $ amount with out any reference to that movie. If anything, it gave people like Glenn and others a reason to ridicule us.

kylejack
The V tie in only worked because of the date in the movie. You can't just tie a fundraiser to a popular movie and expect the magic to happen.

The next money surge should be the last day of December. Its two weeks after Tea Party, so it gives people time to get another paycheck in the bank, and it helps us to close out Q4 with some strong numbers. Work on New Year/New President tie-ins.

Matthew Zak
It's too violent, besides, after the 16th we are counting on being a top tier candidate which means we have to drop the out numbered underdog theme and go with a more eye to eye approach. By January I believe Rop Paul needs to be a front runner.

DrNoZone
No more money bombs after the 16th, unless they're weekly money bombs.

yongrel
11-18-2007, 12:22 PM
FFS, enough money bombs!

Ya wanna raise some money for Ron Paul? Donate. TODAY!

rs3515
11-18-2007, 12:38 PM
Does anyone realize Dick Cheney wrote the screenplay for 300? ;)

jenius
11-18-2007, 12:40 PM
Yeah, I think the 16th should be the last big money bomb.

Of course, if you want a movie idea, The Matrix of course. ;)

"This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the blue pill - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill - you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes."

TAKE THE RED PILL! Ron Paul 08. :)

Karrl
11-18-2007, 12:47 PM
Definitely need to rethink fundraising strategy/ideas after the Dec 16th money bomb.

AlexMerced
11-18-2007, 12:50 PM
But I do like the 2300 push to get everyody to max out, it let us have a constant stream of donations without delaying them, and it keeps us working, like have 2300club website and make that the post teaparty effort.