PDA

View Full Version : Help on website

Exarel
11-18-2007, 12:07 PM
I think we need a website that is only for introducing and converting voters to Ron Paul. However, the goal isn't to just get their vote. My goal is to get them to be as caring and enthusiastic as the rest of us. A problem i notice is that when we try to introduce him to people, often we are succesfull, but not to the extent that they then turn around and spread his word. Another consideration is that not everyone is that good at communicating the ideas clearly. A lot of people have an initial negative reaction also ("wtf no UN?" "wtf no taxes, lol what a joke", "right, he doesn't understand keeping us safe", "he isn't a serious person, he is out of touch", etc, etc). But after i sit with them showing them various videos, documents, etc they are strong supporters. It would be easier to have an exponential type growth if this communication barrier wasn't an issue, if the next guy could simply tell his friend, and his friends friends to check out this site to learn about him. It would make the process much easier for a lot of people.

If we can have a place to send them to watch a few videos to get "inspired", it would serve us well (or at least the ones of us that aren't good at creating new dedicated ron paul supporters). I can provide the webhosting for this if it is needed. What i ask of you guys is to help me collect 5-8 videos that best send the message through.

One of the things i think we should start off with is the Zeitgeist part 3. That gives a solid background for the financial situation. After that videos of ron paul.

What videos do you guys think stand out as the best "learn and get inspired about Ron Paul"?

Ok, so i set it up. Right now i have lots of videos on there. I know i need to cut back, reorganize them, etc. This is still a work in progress. Let me know what you guys think.

I have the first 5 as the Zeitgeist Part 3 videos.

The next three are C-Span videos ("boring" to people with low attention span).

The next five are about the currency and videos with the Federal Reserve.

The following four are the more fan made clips, the more inspiring ones. I put these near the end so by the time the watcher gets to them, they know all the facts and data.

The final three are like the four above, but more specific/teaparty related.

The audience for this site isn't the "5 minute clip attention span" type of people. It is for people that can literally sit down and have their friends/etc watch it from start to finish. I want the person that watches this to come out as dedicated as all of us to spreading his word. That being said, i'm sure there are some that don't add any new or meaningful information. Hope you guys can help me out :)

http://www.WhoIsRonPaul.cc

EDIT:

Ok, i reworked it again. Let me know what you guys think :)

American
11-18-2007, 12:12 PM
I like the Zeitgeist movie, but I have had mixed reactions to it as well.

I would add the source link with it, surely people will want to research this themselves. Most of it can be googled but they do have the source links.
http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/sources.htm

Let me watch the rest of your videos, I think it should be left to the viewer to come to any conclusions or decisions they might have after seeing it.

Not sure "whoisronpaul" is correct but ..........=\

Exarel
11-18-2007, 12:17 PM
Not sure "whoisronpaul" is correct but ..........=\

Its just a placeholder now till i can think of something better :)

Err.. or do you mean doesn't work? It works fine for me.. did you put .cc and not .com?

me3
11-18-2007, 12:19 PM
The campaign organizers advise, and it makes perfect sense, to cater to the issues of the person coming to the site, not what you find most important.

I think a good page that expands on Dr. Paul's Issues pages would help facilitate people finding their issues, and then Dr. Paul's positions on those.

American
11-18-2007, 12:23 PM
I like what you have so far, (except the URL) if I was going to promote this I would set the stage explaining that there has been secret societies since the beginning of written history, and to simply think they no longer exist, especially in a free society thats just nonsense. I think the opposite wold be true.

know what I mean? I would research these organizations but dont go to deep or conspiratorial I mean everyone knows about the Free Masons, CFR, KKK, Skull and bones, these are in dispute, what is in dispute is what role they play

Thats my advice, set the stage then point to the videos.

RonPaulStreetTeam
11-18-2007, 12:32 PM
I have a video page guaranteed to convert anyone to Ron paul here.

http://ronpaulstreetteam.com/video.html

and I have a page here to spread to Non Ron Paulers because I think they will eventually check the Ron Paul videos.

http://ronpaulstreetteam.com/favorites.html
^^ you really should spend a minute on there.
No Ron paul videos, but can be used to suck people in and then get them to the Ron Paul page.
check it

Exarel
11-18-2007, 07:53 PM
Ok, i reworked it again. Let me know what you guys think :)