PDA

View Full Version : Don't just Boycott advertisers. Boycott CNN entirely

Sematary
11-18-2007, 12:04 PM
Like many "wars", including our revolution, this is a war of attrition. This truly is a "them" or "us" scenario. There can only be one way in this war - there way, or our way. OUR job is to convince people that "our" way is the right way. We need to try and make people understand that the constitution, and thus freedom and liberty, are more important than their personal agendas or their government teet. In this battle, we are going to be attacked - vociferously. The opening volleys have begun but it is ONLY the beginning. We can make a difference on these MSM sites but we have to be strong and we have to be united. That means not going to Glenn Beck's stupid website to vote in polls. It means not tuning into any CNN program, even if Ron Paul is on the program. We HAVE to let them know that we mean business. I need EVERYONE to commit to this or the MSM will simply continue to do what they are doing and our job will be that much more difficult.

VoteRonPaul2008
11-18-2007, 12:07 PM
okay I already don't watch Glenn Beck and his racists rants anyways

Sematary
11-18-2007, 12:11 PM
okay I already don't watch Glenn Beck and his racists rants anyways

So make the next step. I generally haven't had a problem with CNN but Glen Beck needs to be fired.

American
11-18-2007, 12:16 PM
No, CNN covers positive RP articles. Its headline news thats the jerry springer of news media to compete with FAUX news.

Sematary
11-18-2007, 12:40 PM
No, CNN covers positive RP articles. Its headline news thats the jerry springer of news media to compete with FAUX news.

Are you going to allow them to play you like that?
First, they give you a little taste and pull you in so you go "oh, they aren't so bad". Then they give you a little more. Now their ratings are going up. You're hooked. Then Glenn Beck smacks you down like a little whore and you go - it's ok, they've said nice things in the past. That is the beaten wife syndrome, my friend, and I'm not going to allow it to happen! BOYCOTT CNN - PERIOD! If we do not, it will only get worse!

me3
11-18-2007, 12:41 PM
Cafferty is on CNN. I'm not going to boycott it.

We need to focus on turning out the vote, time is running out. Fund raising is only 1/2 the equation, and Glenn Beck won't matter at all if we win.

Sematary
11-18-2007, 12:46 PM

We need to focus on turning out the vote, time is running out. Fund raising is only 1/2 the equation, and Glenn Beck won't matter at all if we win.

I like you, but you have GOT to understand. If we allow the msm to convince America that we are terrorists, then all is lost. At best, we will lose the election. At worst, those of us who have shown some leadership in this revolution will be disappeared. You have to boycott CNN - we all do, if we are to stop this from happening.

ChristopherJ
11-18-2007, 12:47 PM

QFT

walt
11-18-2007, 12:47 PM
uhm, no Jack Cafferty rocks.

his radio show is Beck's gem, go after that.

jenius
11-18-2007, 12:50 PM
This is a terrible idea. CNN gives us more coverage than ANY other news network. So quit crying about Glenn Beck. A boycott of CNN will do nothing but cause us to miss YouTube opportunities.

The "us versus them" mentality is rooted in negativity and paranoia, and it's counterproductive. If we want better coverage by the MSM, we need to find better ways of getting coverage, like we did on November 5.

Jerome
11-18-2007, 12:50 PM
Just boycott Beck if you want. Don't go to his website, don't talk about him. I swear I wouldn't even know anything about the guy if it weren't for people talking bad about him. Why let some insignificant person like him derail us from getting RP elected?

We're approximately 40-50 days until the primaries. THAT IS MUCH MORE IMPORTANT THAN ANYTHING ELSE AT THIS POINT.

hard@work
11-18-2007, 12:51 PM
I'm not boycotting Cafferty or Dobbs. The only people to boycott are the advertisers who pay the bills. Not watching CNN is not effecting the bottom line. And the advertisers will have more impact if they are the ones taking the burden of the complaints and boycott threats.

CNN is setup to handle massive amounts of feedback in response to an event. Their advertisers are not.

Just Come Home
11-18-2007, 07:21 PM
CNN has been our best friend of late. I stopped Tivoing Glenn Beck, and I have called advertisers... I will patronize the rest. No need to punish everybody because Glenn Back and Nancy Grace are morons... Ok, I just threw Nancy Grace in there, but it fits... ;)

Adamsa
11-18-2007, 07:22 PM
It's been a lovefest from CNN lately, Beck is the only one who needs to be ignored.

PennCustom4RP
11-18-2007, 07:36 PM
As said by others, bad idea.
CNN has been covering RP lately in very positive light.
Headline News, where Beck is, even as a CNN affiliate, is another channel, boycott them.

Use this logic ...The neo-cons have screwed us...but RP loves us...you wouldn't boycott the GOP ...would you?

lasenorita
11-18-2007, 09:32 PM
I may dislike Glen Beck, but I'm not going to boycott CNN. As someone pointed out, Jack Cafferty is on, and I actually enjoy their reporting. They have the "best political news team" among the networks and report on the latest breaking news fairly well. Oh, and I have a crush on Anderson Cooper. :rolleyes:

I will, however, refuse to listen to Beck and will not conduct business with his sponsors (if I can help it!) until Beck does his research, acknowledges that Ron Paul is stating the inconvenient truth about the state of our nation, realizes that the men and women serving in the military are not playthings, and that our Constitution is the supreme law of the land.

austin356
11-18-2007, 09:36 PM
A boycott of CNN would do them no harm. A boycott of CNN would do us extreme hard. A very very stupid proposal, you think a few thousand libertarians and anti-media folks boycotting will have any negative effect on CNN? HA HA Their viewer base is every TV in America and most satellites worldwide, yea they really need our viewership let me tell ya.

Ozwest
11-18-2007, 09:46 PM
A boycott of CNN would do them no harm. A boycott of CNN would do us extreme hard. A very very stupid proposal, you think a few thousand libertarians and anti-media folks boycotting will have any negative effect on CNN? HA HA Their viewer base is every TV in America and most satellites worldwide, yea they really need our viewership let me tell ya.

No, advertisers and CNN execs will be very concerned by a boycott. An organization of hundreds of thousands gets attention. Don't be a defeatist.

SwordOfShannarah
11-18-2007, 09:52 PM
personally I'm for boycotting cable in its entirety (except the internet). In the end the whole lot of them the drums of war. If there is true change so be it, but I prefer to teach them a lesson. In a perfect world Rupert Murdoch will end up begging in the streets, and no one will help him.

jgmaynard
11-18-2007, 09:55 PM
My two cents ($0.0123475837465 after taxes) is that the advertiser boycott is going to be FAR more effective. CNN has been very good to us lately - don't bite the hand that feeds you. Beck's advertisers pulling their ads is GOING to be felt by CNN, but in a much more precise, surgical, Glen-Beck-centered way.

JM

Leslie Webb
11-18-2007, 09:56 PM
Jack Cafferty of CNN has given Ron Paul the best MSM coverage of the campaign.

paulitics
11-18-2007, 09:56 PM
surprisingly wolf has been fair.

Ozwest
11-18-2007, 10:03 PM
My two cents ($0.0123475837465 after taxes) is that the advertiser boycott is going to be FAR more effective. CNN has been very good to us lately - don't bite the hand that feeds you. Beck's advertisers pulling their ads is GOING to be felt by CNN, but in a much more precise, surgical, Glen-Beck-centered way.

JM

Yeah I agree, except boycott Beck too. Although, it will be hard not to watch him disintegrate.

austin356
11-18-2007, 10:06 PM
No, advertisers and CNN execs will be very concerned by a boycott. An organization of hundreds of thousands gets attention. Don't be a defeatist.

You get 1/2 of 1% of households that have CNN to sign on then lets talk.

Nathan Hale
11-18-2007, 10:11 PM
Like many "wars", including our revolution, this is a war of attrition. This truly is a "them" or "us" scenario. There can only be one way in this war - there way, or our way. OUR job is to convince people that "our" way is the right way. We need to try and make people understand that the constitution, and thus freedom and liberty, are more important than their personal agendas or their government teet. In this battle, we are going to be attacked - vociferously. The opening volleys have begun but it is ONLY the beginning. We can make a difference on these MSM sites but we have to be strong and we have to be united. That means not going to Glenn Beck's stupid website to vote in polls. It means not tuning into any CNN program, even if Ron Paul is on the program. We HAVE to let them know that we mean business. I need EVERYONE to commit to this or the MSM will simply continue to do what they are doing and our job will be that much more difficult.

Don't be an ass. Boycott Beck's program if you want to, but don't pit Paul supporters against a news organization that has given Paul PLENTY of positive coverage in recent weeks. If you want to see change happen, boycott Beck's program and get his advertisers to drop out, but don't boycott CNN overall. It just hurts us to build animosity.

If you ask me, it's not even worth boycotting Beck, because it won't work. In order for a boycott to effect a nationally syndicated show you need millions of people behind you. And we don't have that. You'll maybe get 10,000 people to stop watching Beck, because very few of us watch him regularly anyway. Beck can talk down about Paul all he wants, because at the end of the day he's TALKING about Ron Paul - and that's good, even if he's calling Paul supporters "terrorists". Remember the old marketing quote from PT Barnum: "Say what you want about me, but spell my name right." Any mention is a good mention. Don't let it get you worked up. Any popular presidential candidate is going to have people attacking him, it's the nature of the beast. Don't expect Paul to coast without a lot of harassment. Just ignore it and focus on building name recognition in your state.

chiefsmurph
11-18-2007, 10:53 PM
You got it right.

CNN has shown nothing but respect (outside of Beck) for Ron and we should be thanking them at their knees. We really could use all the MSM coverage we can get.

Bradley in DC
11-18-2007, 11:16 PM
We need more converts and need to get our message out to more people--now more than ever. This is no time to be short-sighted with the media. Embrace them (I didn't say we need to like it).

Wyurm
11-18-2007, 11:22 PM
We need more converts and need to get our message out to more people--now more than ever. This is no time to be short-sighted with the media. Embrace them (I didn't say we need to like it).

Yep. Also, I wonder how many realize that Ron Paul does better when attacked? Its a form of reverse psycology that really works. This actually did us good, though I really don't like the risk behind being called a terrorist. CNN is giving us good coverage, I'm not boycotting them.