PDA

View Full Version : Baker refuses food stamps for sweets... (Faux)

tod evans
08-16-2012, 03:01 PM
I can support this ladys position.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/1788435117001/

RonPaulMall
08-16-2012, 05:05 PM
But I also understand the Farmer's Market position. If they are going to sell tokens for food stamps, they need everybody in the market participating or it will cause too much confusion. So she's probably going be put in a position where she either accepts or gets thrown out. I'm pretty sure all major Supermarket Chains accept food stamps too, so she can't sell there either, so I wonder how her business is going to survive? I respect her standing by her principles, but I wouldn't blame her if she backed down either. Being a small, independent food producer is darn near impossible as it is with all the regulations thrown at them. Hopefully she has her own retail store.

MikeStanart
08-16-2012, 05:06 PM
But I also understand the Farmer's Market position. If they are going to sell tokens for food stamps, they need everybody in the market participating or it will cause too much confusion. So she's probably going be put in a position where she either accepts or gets thrown out. I'm pretty sure all major Supermarket Chains accept food stamps too, so she can't sell there either, so I wonder how her business is going to survive? I respect her standing by her principles, but I wouldn't blame her if she backed down either. Being a small, independent food producer is darn near impossible as it is with all the regulations thrown at them. Hopefully she has her own retail store.

Nah, this woman's business just shot through the roof after making this stance. People from all over the US will be ordering her pies now.

jkr
08-16-2012, 05:47 PM
you mean she wont $ell me smokes?