PDA

View Full Version : A kinda fun dem underground post re: Michigan (target date was Aug 7 so it is past)

sailingaway
08-16-2012, 02:26 PM
htt p://www.democraticunderground.com/10021141017

in part:

An interesting e-mail I got yesterday from a local Republican county party

I'm not sure how I got subscribed to Repub e-mail lists, but I'm on a bunch of them. Here's an e-mail I just got begging for support to fight off tea party/Paulite crazies. Should be a popcorn-worthy scene

If you care about where our Party is headed and have been elected as a precinct delegate on August 7th
we cannot stress how important is to attend the County Convention Thursday the 16th at <location removed, I can put this back in if hosts say it is ok>
Time for the convention is 7:30 pm

A rogue few are working state-wide to overthrow all of the Republican leadership throughout Michigan!
These rogues aren't discriminating between what they deem as good and bad Republican leaders. These folks want ALL Republican leaders thrown out. Do we really want toddlers taking over the town?

I regret having to send you this long diatribe, it, however is why I am imploring you to attend the Thurs. Aug 16 County Convention. The email that follows has been received by hundreds of people all over Michigan. It has not been edited or altered. If you have questions, call me (<name removed> ) at <phone number removed>
Here it is, the reason all those who want to get rid of Stabenow, Obama and all other Liberal leaders in Oakland County. You NEED to attend the County Convention to make your reasoned and prudent voices heard!

[ Original Poster posts: Long Diatribe, Unedited from a couple folks in Michigan leading sheeple without a real leader: ]

Dear Michigan Patriots,

This Thursday, county Republican parties will be meeting all across the state to hold their county conventions.

This is a tremendous opportunity for you, the grassroots activists for Liberty, to strongly improve our position inthe Republican party, by expanding the number of Ron Paul, liberty-supportin gPrecinct Delegates in the body.

It might make all the difference,down the road.

In January and February, Republican precinct delegates will decide who they want to be their leaders--who they want to represent them--in the party.

The precinct delegates elect the district committees. They elect the state committee. This committeein turn elects the state party leadership.

In other words, all the cronyism,all the mangling of rules and records that we were subjected to, all of these things can be prevented next time--if and only if we have the precinct delegates, come January, to win.

Read on: there are dirty tricks the party might play that you must be aware of.

The precinct delegates with this authority to vote at county convention were elected last week. I hope you were successful in becoming one.

But at the conventions coming upThursday, you have a great opportunity to bring in your friends as precinctdelegates--and if you don't take it, chances are, the opposition will.

First, know the time and location ofyour convention and the rules.

more at link, just panic, as usual, from the state GOP that our people wanted to participate.

FSP-Rebel
08-16-2012, 03:31 PM
We're well aware of this up here and they have every reason to be freaking out.

A rogue few are working state-wide to overthrow all of the Republican leadership throughout Michigan!
Ya right, more like legions of brand new delegates are on to them and their bs and they know they're having trouble adding any new folks of their own. The county conventions tonight and the state next month are spring training for what's about to happen in the new year's conventions. I'll post details of how our county convention goes later on tonight.

angelatc
08-16-2012, 04:37 PM
We're well aware of this up here and they have every reason to be freaking out.

Ya right, more like legions of brand new delegates are on to them and their bs and they know they're having trouble adding any new folks of their own. The county conventions tonight and the state next month are spring training for what's about to happen in the new year's conventions. I'll post details of how our county convention goes later on tonight.

You're exactly right. After years of being self-described martyrs, doing all the work while moaning that nobody came to their meetings, and it was hard to find delegates, suddenly they're appalled at the concept of people showing up and stepping up.

sailingaway
08-16-2012, 04:39 PM
You're exactly right. After years of being self-described martyrs, doing all the work while moaning that nobody came to their meetings, and it was hard to find delegates, suddenly they're appalled at the concept of people showing up and stepping up.

Yeah, that was the irony that showed through. The Paulista email was merely energetic and hopeful, nothing bad in it.

FSP-Rebel
08-16-2012, 08:19 PM
my co convention recap is posted in the mich subforum