PDA

View Full Version : Tired of living under tyranny, then buy your own town.

QuickZ06
08-14-2012, 09:37 PM
Would be pretty cool to have nothing but a liberty loving town.

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/12-towns-sale-pray-mont-auction-launches/story?id=16653510#9

Edit: oops, meant for this to be in in the off-topic section.

The Goat
08-14-2012, 10:12 PM
Hell some of those are cheep, we could have a money bomb and pay for one before noon tomorrow. lol

PaulConventionWV
08-14-2012, 10:25 PM
Hell some of those are cheep, we could have a money bomb and pay for one before noon tomorrow. lol

But who would own it?

GunnyFreedom
08-14-2012, 10:42 PM
But who would own it?

We the People of Paulville, in order to form a more perfect union....

Indy Vidual
08-14-2012, 11:10 PM
But who would own it?

We the People of Paulville, in order to form a more perfect union....

Collective utopias are fine as long as participation is voluntary.

QuickZ06
08-14-2012, 11:15 PM

I would honestly sell a bunch of possessions to fund this. And I would re-name the town in honor of Ron Paul, I like gunnys town name.

Origanalist
08-14-2012, 11:25 PM
I would honestly sell a bunch of possessions to fund this. And I would re-name the town in honor of Ron Paul, I like gunnys town name.

Me too. How long do you think before we run afoul of State and federal bureaucrats?

James Madison
08-14-2012, 11:28 PM
Me too. How long do you think before we run afoul of State and federal bureaucrats?

We should just start our own country. The Free States of Ron Paul.:cool:

Origanalist
08-14-2012, 11:32 PM
We should just start our own country. The Free States of Ron Paul.:cool:

Only if we're willing to fight for it and pledge our sacred honor.........................

GunnyFreedom
08-14-2012, 11:33 PM

With a name like 'Paulville,' I'd give it... ohh.. (glancing at watch) a few minutes at least. :p You just know someone is going to celebrate the newfound freedom by sparking a bowl walking downtown (probably at the ribbon cutting ceremony) and the Feds will immediately lose their shyt because someone might actually be enjoying themselves without harming others and without government permission.

idiom
08-14-2012, 11:37 PM

Us? Run afoul of State and Federal bureaucracy? How could that possibly happen?

Expatriate
08-14-2012, 11:43 PM
With a name like 'Paulville,' I'd give it... ohh.. (glancing at watch) a few minutes at least. :p You just know someone is going to celebrate the newfound freedom by sparking a bowl walking downtown (probably at the ribbon cutting ceremony) and the Feds will immediately lose their shyt because someone might actually be enjoying themselves without harming others and without government permission.

How did Denver go about legalizing it? Seems the same thing could be done elsewhere.

Indy Vidual
08-14-2012, 11:49 PM
How did Denver go about legalizing it? Seems the same thing could be done elsewhere.

Medical pot is getting busted now in several states, Obama broke his promise.

flynn
08-14-2012, 11:50 PM
Can we just agree to build a city underneath the ocean already?

Expatriate
08-15-2012, 12:11 AM
Medical pot is getting busted now in several states, Obama broke his promise.

I don't mean medical pot. Denver made it legal for any adult to possess an ounce or less of pot, regardless of medical condition. I haven't heard of any Fed Raids there.

http://www.cannabisculture.com/articles/4570.html

Also, I believe it is legal to grow something like 5 pot plants per person in Alaska, don't have time to look it up now but I don't think there is a medical requirement.

KingRobbStark
08-15-2012, 12:16 AM
That's a great idea...can I bum some money off you? I swear I'll pay you back.

The Goat
08-15-2012, 12:56 AM
I don't mean medical pot. Denver made it legal for any adult to possess an ounce or less of pot, regardless of medical condition. I haven't heard of any Fed Raids there.

http://www.cannabisculture.com/articles/4570.html

Also, I believe it is legal to grow something like 5 pot plants per person in Alaska, don't have time to look it up now but I don't think there is a medical requirement.

They did it by passing a new law that decriminalized its possession.

States can make stuff legal and not arrest for it anymore. Now if the feds get a hair up their ass and the DEA comes in on you the state cant really do anything, but that usually doesn't happen unless your bringing attention to ones self.

the law is a $100 fine for less than 1 oz. so their is still a penalty and the law basically condones the other laws to be broken because some one has to have more than 1 oz. for others to get 1 oz. XD

MJ laws by the state. (could be outdated IDK)
http://www.theweedblog.com/state-by-state-marijuana-laws/

Barrex
08-15-2012, 04:55 AM
Can we just agree to build a city underneath the ocean already?

Yea... but they would ban beans... some liberty minded farts dont like that...(needs refinement)

Actually after war (over here) people resettled and started fresh. It can be done but it is not easy.

Working Poor
08-15-2012, 02:12 PM
They did it by passing a new law that decriminalized its possession.

States can make stuff legal and not arrest for it anymore. Now if the feds get a hair up their ass and the DEA comes in on you the state cant really do anything,

I thought the local sheriff could hold off federal agents. The sheriff on '"Rifleman" does:D

QuickZ06
08-15-2012, 08:58 PM
I thought the local sheriff could hold off federal agents. The sheriff on '"Rifleman" does:D

They can, but with Homeland Security handing out all the "cool toys". They bow to their overlords and let them trample all over state rights and its mundanes.

asurfaholic
08-16-2012, 09:31 AM
But who would own it?

Matt collins?

jmdrake
08-16-2012, 09:55 AM
This was an interesting case of town suicide.

Founded in 1859, The Grove was a farming community until it became a ghost town after a highway was re-routed away from it in the 1930s because some residents wanted less traffic. An antique collector, Moody Anderson, bought the old buildings in 1972 and opened the Country Life Museum there. Anderson attracted tourists but failed to attract eBay bidders in 2008. Instead, he held a sale through the Burley Auction Group and a woman from San Jose, Calif., whose grandfather formerly owned the town's general store, bought it for $200,000, the San Jose Mercury News reported.

osan
08-16-2012, 10:34 AM
But who would own it?

I would. That would guarantee actual freedom. After I died... Anyone's guess.

Welcome to Agoria.