PDA

View Full Version : Paul Festival has officially changed their name!

randpaul2016
08-14-2012, 08:45 PM
They are now called P.A.U.L. Festival which stands for "People Awakening and Uniting for Liberty"

http://www.ronpaultribune.com/index.php/more/contributors-ar...

"We love Ron Paul, he is the inspiration for the Festival.

We would give anything to have him speak or visit the Festival. For whatever reason he has decided against it. We did not seek his approval, or ask him to sanction this event, we just DID IT. Being
the LIBERTARIAN MINDED PEOPLE we are, we did not ask for permission.

We are grassroots activists, not concert promoters, nor are we part of the (broken) GOP machinery.

Dr. Paul called us PERSONALLY a while back, thanked us, and wished our event success. But he found it necessary to hold his own event in which he had complete control of. This is understandable,
and we accept that, and have gone to great lengths to work it into our program.

Peter Schiff, Lew Rockwell, Gary Johnson, Tom Woods, Adam Kokesh and others who are the heart of the R3VOLUTION and stalwart Libertarians, not only are going to speak, they all, down to the last
man DONATED their time. For that, we thank all of those who have gone to such great lengths to help us put together the MOST PROLIFIC ALL STAR line-up the R3VOLUTION has ever seen. We have SO MANY
liberty bands and freedom loving entertainers, a virtual who is who of our new, young movement.

We are not Republicans. WE ARE THE FUTURE.

For all the naysayers, saboteurs and haters, get over it. P.A.U.L. Festival IS HAPPENING! :-D

It will be the moment we wean ourselves and become FREE AND INDEPENDENT as we continue to be active and work towards instilling the libertarian values Dr. Paul has espoused. But more than anything
else... one thing has become PLAINLY obvious to us, there is no political solution to the problems that are dragging America through the dirt. The only solution is a change in how we think.

So get your tickets NOW and come to P.A.U.L. Festival - Rock with us, laugh with us, remember with us, cry with us, but most of all celebrate OUR future with us.

P.A.U.L. Festival
People Awakening and Uniting for Liberty

Be there."

(Ill only be at his rally at USF) I bet they will change it to Johnson festival next smh

MelissaWV
08-14-2012, 08:46 PM
... Are you serious?

TrishW
08-14-2012, 08:52 PM
So are they dumping Ron, and trying to come up with an alternate way to use the name?
I don't understand. (I seem to say that a lot around here)

randpaul2016
08-14-2012, 08:54 PM
... Are you serious?

haha yea they also updated their website http://www.paulfestival.org/

sailingaway
08-14-2012, 08:58 PM
That is fair. And they still kept the acronym as a tribute. They were in a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation, imho.

MelissaWV
08-14-2012, 09:01 PM
That is fair. And they still kept the acronym as a tribute. They were in a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation, imho.

Except when I asked, ages ago, if they were considering changing the name I was told it was too short a timeframe and everything was already printed. Now that the event is nearly here...

sailingaway
08-14-2012, 09:10 PM
Except when I asked, ages ago, if they were considering changing the name I was told it was too short a timeframe and everything was already printed. Now that the event is nearly here...

Yeah, but you just asked someone here who was speculating like the rest of us, didn't you?

And when the L party endorsed it some thought maybe they should change it, so this is a compromise. I understand they got pretty beat up by some folks at dp.

parocks
08-14-2012, 10:55 PM
They must've been getting some shit from somewhere - "why is called Paul Festival when Ron Paul wasn't going to be there". They probably should've ignored those objections. But who cares?

They are now called P.A.U.L. Festival which stands for "People Awakening and Uniting for Liberty"

http://www.ronpaultribune.com/index.php/more/contributors-ar...

"We love Ron Paul, he is the inspiration for the Festival.

We would give anything to have him speak or visit the Festival. For whatever reason he has decided against it. We did not seek his approval, or ask him to sanction this event, we just DID IT. Being
the LIBERTARIAN MINDED PEOPLE we are, we did not ask for permission.

We are grassroots activists, not concert promoters, nor are we part of the (broken) GOP machinery.

Dr. Paul called us PERSONALLY a while back, thanked us, and wished our event success. But he found it necessary to hold his own event in which he had complete control of. This is understandable,
and we accept that, and have gone to great lengths to work it into our program.

Peter Schiff, Lew Rockwell, Gary Johnson, Tom Woods, Adam Kokesh and others who are the heart of the R3VOLUTION and stalwart Libertarians, not only are going to speak, they all, down to the last
man DONATED their time. For that, we thank all of those who have gone to such great lengths to help us put together the MOST PROLIFIC ALL STAR line-up the R3VOLUTION has ever seen. We have SO MANY
liberty bands and freedom loving entertainers, a virtual who is who of our new, young movement.

We are not Republicans. WE ARE THE FUTURE.

For all the naysayers, saboteurs and haters, get over it. P.A.U.L. Festival IS HAPPENING! :-D

It will be the moment we wean ourselves and become FREE AND INDEPENDENT as we continue to be active and work towards instilling the libertarian values Dr. Paul has espoused. But more than anything
else... one thing has become PLAINLY obvious to us, there is no political solution to the problems that are dragging America through the dirt. The only solution is a change in how we think.

So get your tickets NOW and come to P.A.U.L. Festival - Rock with us, laugh with us, remember with us, cry with us, but most of all celebrate OUR future with us.

P.A.U.L. Festival
People Awakening and Uniting for Liberty

Be there."

(Ill only be at his rally at USF) I bet they will change it to Johnson festival next smh

Indy Vidual
08-14-2012, 10:58 PM
An impressive grassroots effort and they deserve support.

Lightweis
08-14-2012, 11:00 PM
We are not republicans? shakes head:(

ClydeCoulter
08-14-2012, 11:10 PM
We are not republicans? shakes head:(

Republicans is a party, this is a PARTAAAAAAAAAAY :)

John F Kennedy III
08-14-2012, 11:20 PM
An impressive grassroots effort and they deserve support.

I agree. I like it.

KingRobbStark
08-15-2012, 12:13 AM
Republicans is a party, this is a PARTAAAAAAAAAAY :)

I can already see it.

http://funny.ph/wp-content/uploads/tdomf/1609/funny-party.jpg

PierzStyx
08-15-2012, 02:02 AM
So are they dumping Ron, and trying to come up with an alternate way to use the name?
I don't understand. (I seem to say that a lot around here)

Of course they are! Haven't you noticed that one of the big money backers of the festival is the LP and that their Presidential candidate is one of the main speakers? This isn't Ron Paul related at all, but just another way for teh LP to try and get Ron supporters to back Gary Johnson. Its a Johnson Fest they're throwing in Tampa. Hope you like sausage.

ChristianAnarchist
08-15-2012, 05:10 AM
Man, the way us "Liberty" folk like to bash each other over little s*it, I'm almost ready to disown most of you. Don't we all just want Liberty? Learn to tolerate each other...

LibertyEagle
08-15-2012, 05:29 AM
Of course they are! Haven't you noticed that one of the big money backers of the festival is the LP and that their Presidential candidate is one of the main speakers? This isn't Ron Paul related at all, but just another way for teh LP to try and get Ron supporters to back Gary Johnson. Its a Johnson Fest they're throwing in Tampa. Hope you like sausage.

Oh, come on. Yes, it is. People griped that the festival had Paul's name on it when Johnson was speaking, so they changed it. They can't win for losing, it seems.

I don't particularly like that the LP are big donors, but you know what, they had to have money to make this thing go and it was the LP who offered it. If they had gotten the money from elsewhere, they wouldn't have needed it. But, they didn't.

It sounds like a great party and I'm sure it will be a lot of fun.

newbitech
08-15-2012, 05:37 AM

please..

newbitech
08-15-2012, 05:45 AM
Oh, come on. Yes, it is. People griped that the festival had Paul's name on it when Johnson was speaking, so they changed it. They can't win for losing, it seems.

I don't particularly like that the LP are big donors, but you know what, they had to have money to make this thing go and it was the LP who offered it. If they had gotten the money from elsewhere, they wouldn't have needed it. But, they didn't.

It sounds like a great party and I'm sure it will be a lot of fun.

Do you see the republican party standing up and putting money back in to grassroots efforts to protect liberty? I sure as heck don't. The immature mindset in this movement has got to learn to move on from party politics.

Whether its the left/right paradigm or the old idea that another party cannot be successful. Clearly the Ron Paul campaign has redefined success of a political movement to mean something other than winning elections. I am good with that as long as the message remains consistent. I have faith in liberty and I trust it.

It could be possible that the next great leader of our movement is inspired at events like the P.A.U.L festival. Or maybe not, but one thing I know is certain, it won't be any of the people disparaging the effort because of who donated the money.

Some people really ought to check their motivations and learn to see the bigger picture and think outside the box. Better yet, stop making imaginary boxes and hiding in them in order preserve the artifacts of your past misunderstandings.

It's a good thing that there are political organizations out there willing to foster grassroots efforts to protect liberty including bringing together many of the most prolific speakers AND FRIENDS OF RON PAUL to rally and celebrate! Otherwise, we'd have to count on the grassroots being in perfect harmony, and clearly that will be the last sign that the movement is here to stay.

Dissent
08-15-2012, 07:00 AM
I like it.

Voluntarist
08-15-2012, 07:48 AM
xxxxx

Liberty74
08-15-2012, 08:05 AM
I like it too.

brandon
08-15-2012, 08:07 AM
meh

RonPaulFanInGA
08-15-2012, 08:35 AM

JohnsonFest sounds right.

http://images.politico.com/global/news/110210_johnson_jmart_full.jpg

matt0611
08-15-2012, 09:36 AM
If Ron can't be there I really can't see how it can be called "Paul fest". I think the new name is a good compromise.

PaForRonPaul
08-15-2012, 10:39 AM
Does it matter who will be speaking there?
I personally dont care as long as they are shooting for the same goals.

And the idea of having this festival In Tampa Right before the RNC is getting alot of attention from the press, Could open up the minds of others! When is the last Time C-Span covered a Ron Paul Rally? Plus there are many international media companys that will be joining in on the coverage of the fest.

If this festival was not happening, I couldnt say for sure that I would have even went to Tampa to see Dr. Paul speak at his rally (already seen his speech in Pittsburgh PA, and they are normally the same from what I saw in livestreams). I am missing almost two weeks of work for this and driving 2200+ Miles round trip.

The reason I am going is to meet other like minded Ron Paul folks, Not to hear Gary Johnson.
One of the leaders of the meetup group for Ron Paul I belong to has been pushing GJ on us, I had to speak up and told them the convention has not happened, so lets wait and see... Lets stop the whole GJ, The meetup is called Ron Paul Meetup for a reason...

anyway Good Day.

XTreat
08-15-2012, 10:50 AM
RP had every opportunity to take this event and make it his own. I am disappointed that either he or his handlers chose not to.

PaForRonPaul
08-15-2012, 11:10 AM
RP had every opportunity to take this event and make it his own. I am disappointed that either he or his handlers chose not to.

I thought that it was against the Law for a candidate and campaign to have any contact with a Pac. or is it just a superpac?

"LIBERTY UNLEASHED PAC
Paul Festival is a fundraising project of the Liberty Unleashed PAC. All proceeds go to support efforts to elect liberty candidates. Liberty Unleashed PAC is not endorsed by any candidate or candidate's committee."

Ron Paul (R)
Congressman from Texas

Associated Outside Groups (12):
Super PACs: Defending Liberty
Endorse Liberty
Grassroots for Liberty
Liberty USA PAC
Revolution PAC
Ron Paul Volunteers
Santa Rita Super PAC
Veterans for Liberty Super PAC

-http://www.opensecrets.org/pres12/candidate.php?id=N00005906

archangel689
08-15-2012, 11:21 AM
War of ideas not about ron paul.

randpaul2016
08-15-2012, 11:45 AM

yea pretty much, Gary Johnson is going to steal the even during his speech...or either get booed lol one or the other

PaForRonPaul
08-15-2012, 12:00 PM
yea pretty much, Gary Johnson is going to steal the even during his speech...or either get booed lol one or the other

Gary Johnson (L)
Former governor of New Mexico

Associated Outside Groups (1):
Super PACs: Freedom & Liberty PAC

So I looked up Liberty Unleashed Pac. It was created May 29 2012 Specifically for Paul Fest! (not to support GJ)

Since when did this: "All proceeds go to support efforts to elect liberty candidates."
= This: "All proceeds go to support efforts to elect Libertarian candidates." ???

It doesn't

I agree GJ is /= to RP, but both speak about liberty.

NoOneButPaul
08-15-2012, 12:02 PM
Wonderful

freedomordeath
08-15-2012, 12:12 PM
The question: Does Gary Johnson support legalizing gold and silver as currency and for all taxes to be taken off gold and silver?

freedomordeath
08-15-2012, 12:20 PM
These guys got exicited and started a festival, it was spontaneous and it evolved to what we see today. We can't fault them for that, good luck to them tbh. The more the merrier. Ron Paul is for liberty and for him the consqence of that freedom is someone may make a bad decision and take drugs. He is not a drug promoter and some of those speakers get a bit excited on weed issues, but I'm sure they'll use common sense esp as lots of familes will be around so it probably won't be that bad.

Natural Citizen
08-15-2012, 12:25 PM

yyyep. Am still chuckling over the fact that the LP were some of the main puppets in the whole occupy thing. Which, in my own view, was nothing more than manufactured opposition to what were already Hegelian issues by default. Comparable to when the neocons claimed TEAship and hijacked genuine principles in a manner that placed them into powerful positions where they assumed the ways of the very same old men who funded the hijacking in the firstplace. Who lost out on that one? I just don't understand what is so hard about guarding ones own terms of controversy. Seems like it's up for the highest bidder more and more each day.

MSM will have a field day with this. Watch...

dannno
08-15-2012, 12:28 PM

Sounds like they took your suggestion and made a compromise by not changing the actual name/logo except for the addition of the periods between the letters and laying out the acronym.

I don't think they should have changed it to "Liberty Fest" or something completely different.

Kage127
08-15-2012, 12:35 PM
Does it matter who will be speaking there?
I personally dont care as long as they are shooting for the same goals.

If this festival was not happening, I couldnt say for sure that I would have even went to Tampa to see Dr. Paul speak at his rally (already seen his speech in Pittsburgh PA, and they are normally the same from what I saw in livestreams). I am missing almost two weeks of work for this and driving 2200+ Miles round trip.

The reason I am going is to meet other like minded Ron Paul folks, Not to hear Gary Johnson.

War of ideas not about ron paul.

Agreed. Without this 3 day festival I could not justify the drive time or time off work to go to Tampa. Being from a state that got creamed in the primaries this is a nice ending to my personal effort this season and a great start for the fights to come. It kills me to see the negative post about Paulfest and how things should have been done/who should or shouldn't be allowed to speak. I believe Paulfest will do a lot more to promote liberty than harm it. I really don't give a crap what they call it, I'm going.

PaForRonPaul
08-15-2012, 12:39 PM
Agreed. Without this 3 day festival I could not justify the drive time or time off work to go to Tampa. Being from a state that got creamed in the primaries this is a nice ending to my personal effort this season and a great start for the fights to come. It kills me to see the negative post about Paulfest and how things should have been done/who should or shouldn't be allowed to speak. I believe Paulfest will do a lot more to promote liberty than harm it. I really don't give a crap what they call it, I'm going.

TY kage +1 Rep

parocks
08-15-2012, 12:56 PM
yyyep. Am still chuckling over the fact that the LP were some of the main puppets in the whole occupy thing. Which, in my own view, was nothing more than manufactured opposition to what were already Hegelian issues by default. Comparable to when the neocons claimed TEAship and hijacked genuine principles in a manner that placed them into powerful positions where they assumed the ways of the very same old men who funded the hijacking in the firstplace. Who lost out on that one? I just don't understand what is so hard about guarding ones own terms of controversy. Seems like it's up for the highest bidder more and more each day.

MSM will have a field day with this. Watch...

And what happens when they don't? You think msm is going to make a controversy about Paul Festival? Based on what? The msm's long history of covering in great detail anything Ron Paul? Hey, that never happened. The msm doesn't cover Ron Paul.

If the msm is going to cover Paul Festival (and I'd guess not), I'd guess it would be in a joking, mocking manner. "The organizers of Paul Festival estimated that 100K people would be attending." And then show footage of a middle aged cover band from California playing to nobody, and then have a good chuckle and on to the next thing. There is no controversy that people without a lot of spare time care about. No one cares if Gary Johnson is speaking there or not. I mean, it's not a controversy, it has no deeper significance. The Libertarian Party wants to reach Ron Paul supporters. Of course. Paul Festival is a private event, not They've been asking for sponsors for a while. The Libertarian Party came up with the money. If it was the Democrat Party, it would be a different story. My concern would be that Paul Festival does what they say they're going to do. If they do, it's all good.

sailingaway
08-15-2012, 01:14 PM
These guys got exicited and started a festival, it was spontaneous and it evolved to what we see today. We can't fault them for that, good luck to them tbh. The more the merrier. Ron Paul is for liberty and for him the consqence of that freedom is someone may make a bad decision and take drugs. He is not a drug promoter and some of those speakers get a bit excited on weed issues, but I'm sure they'll use common sense esp as lots of familes will be around so it probably won't be that bad.

Deborah knows how to throw a good party. She did R3VOLution march in 2008. It just wasn't working out because Ron's campaign didn't have messaging control, I suspect. That isn't Deb's fault.

Natural Citizen
08-15-2012, 01:15 PM
And what happens when they don't? You think msm is going to make a controversy about Paul Festival? Based on what? The msm's long history of covering in great detail anything Ron Paul? Hey, that never happened. The msm doesn't cover Ron Paul.

If the msm is going to cover Paul Festival (and I'd guess not), I'd guess it would be in a joking, mocking manner. "The organizers of Paul Festival estimated that 100K people would be attending." And then show footage of a middle aged cover band from California playing to nobody, and then have a good chuckle and on to the next thing. There is no controversy that people without a lot of spare time care about. No one cares if Gary Johnson is speaking there or not. I mean, it's not a controversy, it has no deeper significance. The Libertarian Party wants to reach Ron Paul supporters. Of course. Paul Festival is a private event, not They've been asking for sponsors for a while. The Libertarian Party came up with the money. If it was the Democrat Party, it would be a different story. My concern would be that Paul Festival does what they say they're going to do. If they do, it's all good.

What I contemplate is that they'll be more prone to make an example of the folks at the event more so than creating controversy. When I say terms of controversy I mean that in a manner that would change the language relevant to the original platform. Why expose yourself to allowing that platform to be rescribbled? And now they have the tools to do so. It's far easier to hijack the terms of controversy than it is to create them. Although in effect controversy would be created. If that makes any sense. There is no way that they were of the position to do that until the means were installed. The LP, or many of them, have been Democrat, Republican or Libertarian as history has shown and unfortunately equates to whatever side of the bed they woke up on that year. That's a problem. In effect, this group provided the artificial opposition for the neocons to hijack your TEA party. And the MSM made that happen.

You have a world of media at your fingertips in this day and age. Why conform to opening up the front door for circus media to rain on your parade. And that's what is going to happen. As it was, the event was in a position where the main stream had no means of genuinly infiltrating it and turning it into a cartoon. So they didn't even discuss it. Which was perfect. Because you have the means yourself. I've read a lot about the work that's been put into it and do commend those with an idea like this. Don't get me wrong on that. Thousands of people will attend but without any help from main stream. That's genuine progress.

Beyond that the msm's dirty work amounts to a quick in and out tuck and run. The real damage comes after the politicians spark up their engines with that fuel.

Of course, that's only my own opinion. But I wasn't wrong about what happened when the instant TEA came into power either. MSM driven, btw.

parocks
08-15-2012, 01:27 PM
What I contemplate is that they'll be more prone to make an example of the folks at the event more so than creating controversy. And now they have the tools to do so. It's far easier to hijack the terms of controversy than it is to create them. Although in effect controversy would be created. If that makes any sense. There is no way that they were of the position to do that until the means were installed. The LP, or many of them, have been Democrat, Republican or Libertarian as history has shown and unfortunately equates to whatever side of the bed they woke up on that year. That's a problem. In effect, this group provided the artificial opposition for the neocons to hijack your TEA party. And the MSM made that happen.

You have a world of media at your fingertips in this day and age. Why conform to opening up the front door for circus media to rain on your parade. And that's what is going to happen. As it was, the event was in a position where the main stream had no means of genuinly infiltrating it and turning it into a cartoon. So they didn't even discuss it. Which was perfect. Because you have the means yourself. I've read a lot about the work that's been put into it and do commend those with an idea like this. Don't get me wrong on that. Thousands of people will attend but without any help from main stream. That's genuine progress.

Beyond that the msm's dirty work amounts to a quick in and out tuck and run. The real damage comes after the politicians spark up their engines with that fuel.

Of course, that's only my own opinion. But I wasn't wrong about what happened when the instant TEA came into power either. MSM driven, btw.

I don't see any specifics there, so I'm confused about how the "MSM will have a field day with this". About Paul Festival, I would assume the msm response would be "no comment". I don't think the msm will be going into detail about how the Libertarians are sponsoring it. A "field day" is pretty big.

Natural Citizen
08-15-2012, 02:10 PM
I don't see any specifics there, so I'm confused about how the "MSM will have a field day with this". About Paul Festival, I would assume the msm response would be "no comment". I don't think the msm will be going into detail about how the Libertarians are sponsoring it. A "field day" is pretty big.

Yeah, me too. As such I can offer no specifics. So...join the club.

I'm just old and I've seen a potential Renaissance or three spun six ways from Tuesday to the point that it became just another meme lost in history. :rolleyes:

If it doesn't happen then great. Moving forward...

When the election cycle has passed then...well...class is back in session in Dr. Paul's classroom....respectfully.