PDA

View Full Version : What is the best tack to take with friends

randpaul2016
08-14-2012, 06:59 PM
friends turning to Romney

Whats the best thing to do or say? I dont go on full attack mode, thatd be like the worst thing to do...Im starting to see more obama and romney stickers as well and I just shake my head...but whats the smartest thing to do when friends turn to romney?

Ron Paul, independent, 3rd party>>>>2 party system

no1butpaul

CaptainAmerica
08-14-2012, 07:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nN1YxjhxTCk

odamn
08-14-2012, 07:08 PM
get new friends ...

FSP-Rebel
08-14-2012, 07:08 PM
Same thing happens every four years, wouldn't worry too much about it other than showing them how they're being played for stooges. Stick to the issues.

JamesButabi
08-14-2012, 07:12 PM
Usually nothing you can do or say. The lesser of two evils card will be played over and over and over. After witnessing all the shenanigans in this one, I don't think anyone decent will make it through the primaries.

Set the example and dont force feed politics. If it is super important to your find the activism that works best for you. FSP is my favorite.

georgiaboy
08-14-2012, 07:22 PM
were these former RP primary voters?

Lightweis
08-14-2012, 07:24 PM
I have been seeing some of the Ron Paul activist turning to Romney. I think there trying to suck up to their establishment friends and colleagues

Drex
08-14-2012, 07:25 PM
I'm fed up with the GOP. I'm about ready to just mark non-partisan at the courthouse.

georgiaboy
08-14-2012, 07:28 PM
to each his/her own.

Hopefully you get to let them know what you'll be doing come November. And maybe they'll ask why.

I get to tell all my associates that I don't vote for liberals, regardless of what badge they wear at Hogwarts.

FSP-Rebel
08-14-2012, 07:34 PM
I've seen some younger Paul supporters at the local GOP victory centers phone-banking for R-money, I kid not. I stopped by last week to pick up lit and signs and started talking to them about the random caucuses and conventions (which they knew all about and weren't happy) where we were being screwed and then just as I was leaving they resumed their calls and then I got in my car and remembered they had mentioned the R-money name in their calls. Whateva, it won't make much difference.

KCIndy
08-14-2012, 07:39 PM
A vote for Romney is a vote for Obama, and a vote for Obama is a vote for Romney.

I wouldn't sweat it if I were you. It's like getting upset with friends who are arguing about which smells worse, a skunk or a turd.

Same difference, so who cares?

MelissaCato
08-14-2012, 07:44 PM
I see alot of people switching to either Romney or Johnson. Forget that - its Ron Paul 2012 for me.

Tinnuhana
08-14-2012, 07:49 PM
I've seen some RP people phone banking for liberty Republicans. They just do the local elections and don't phone bank for Romney.

QuickZ06
08-14-2012, 08:22 PM
Friends don't let friends vote for Romney/Obama.

Talk them to death and if they still ignore you, talk more.

randpaul2016
08-14-2012, 08:35 PM
A vote for Romney is a vote for Obama, and a vote for Obama is a vote for Romney.

I wouldn't sweat it if I were you. It's like getting upset with friends who are arguing about which smells worse, a skunk or a turd.

Same difference, so who cares?

yea I would say something like there both the same thing, kinda laugh at it...approach that republican, democrat are the same thing. Rather than destorying Romney himself

Friends don't let friends vote for Romney/Obama.

Talk them to death and if they still ignore you, talk more.

One of my friends on facebook 'liked' romneys page and I posted this on my friends wall

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/409734_10151153246914680_963328788_n.jpg

RickyJ
08-14-2012, 08:42 PM
but whats the smartest thing to do when friends turn to romney?

First of all friends don't let friends turn to Romney. But if they do, you show them the truth about Romney that they will never see from the media. If they still say they will vote for Romney because Obama is so bad, then you show them the flip-flop video about Romney and tell them anything and everything he says means nothing, what means something is his record. His record is just as liberal if not more than Obama's is.

TrishW
08-14-2012, 08:45 PM
idk The way I see it, people really do care about our country. They want her and themselves, to get over this rough spot and come back strong. Other than pray and vote, there is not too much more that most of us can do.

I love Ron Paul for all he stands for, and especially for all he stands against. But I am beginning to acknowledge the bitter fact.... my choice may not even be on the ballot. Most people already take it for granted that the fight is between Obama and Romney.

All of my friends, and all but two of my family members, were for Ron Paul. But now, I am hearing how some side with Romney and others for Obama. I still love them all. I know they all just want to do what's best.

As long as they all vote for one of the candidates, I can be selfish. Let them do whats right in their eyes. For me NOBP!

Writing him in!

randpaul2016
08-14-2012, 08:47 PM
First of all friends don't let friends turn to Romney. But if they do, you show them the truth about Romney that they will never see from the media.

got a certain video in mind? or a 1 sentence fact that will do the trick?

RickyJ
08-14-2012, 08:56 PM
got a certain video in mind? or a 1 sentence fact that will do the trick?

This one is really good and not too long.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=BI9yjhd8b84

CPUd
08-14-2012, 11:46 PM
Show them this film :

http://i.imgur.com/93cMq.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/46NH6.jpg

KingRobbStark
08-15-2012, 12:19 AM
The best tack is to be as cool as fuck. :cool:

Indy Vidual
08-15-2012, 12:29 AM
It's normal to lose touch with some people as you grow older.
This is a great chance to tell everyone what you really think of Mittens.

affa
08-15-2012, 04:00 AM
I have been seeing some of the Ron Paul activist turning to Romney. I think there trying to suck up to their establishment friends and colleagues

ron paul activists turning to romney? lol. don't believe it for a second.

wgadget
08-15-2012, 06:42 AM
Tell them that ALL the candidates are banker pre-approved, that they ALL support TARP and other big corporate bailouts, that we are OWNED by the banker class, and that if they elect ANY of the candidates, bank bailouts are guaranteed to infinity.

Is that what they really want?

When they come back with, "Well, Ron Paul didn't win," show them why:

http://ralphlopez.hubpages.com/hub/Media-Admits-Romneys-Greatest-Fear-is-Ron-Paul-Nomination-Paul-Campaign-Demures

tod evans
08-15-2012, 06:50 AM
Whats the best thing to do or say?

http://images.businessweek.com/ss/06/12/1201_giftguide_toys/image/louisville-slugger-bat.jpg

EBounding
08-15-2012, 07:56 AM

Whats the best thing to do or say?

I just smile and nod. There is no reason to make them mad at you.

At least with rank and file GOP and Tea Party supporters I've met, they like Ron Paul and what Campaign for Liberty is doing, they just think getting Obama out of office is the most important. They think he's a Marxist bent on destroying the country. That may be true, but obviously the system still works enough to keep him from implementing his full agenda.

But there's no reason to argue and burn that bridge because they will not be convinced otherwise and neither will you.

Even if Romney wins, it's not going to hurt our movement. As long as we stay engaged and involved, we will be in a position to cause Romney and the GOP significant "political pain". This is the upside to Romney winning since we can't influence Obama's agenda because he's a democrat. I'm not endorsing Romney at all, I'm just saying it's not going to hurt our movement if he wins.

Okaloosa
08-15-2012, 08:53 AM
I just smile and nod. There is no reason to make them mad at you.

At least with rank and file GOP and Tea Party supporters I've met, they like Ron Paul and what Campaign for Liberty is doing, they just think getting Obama out of office is the most important. They think he's a Marxist bent on destroying the country. That may be true, but obviously the system still works enough to keep him from implementing his full agenda.

But there's no reason to argue and burn that bridge because they will not be convinced otherwise and neither will you.

Even if Romney wins, it's not going to hurt our movement. As long as we stay engaged and involved, we will be in a position to cause Romney and the GOP significant "political pain". This is the upside to Romney winning since we can't influence Obama's agenda because he's a democrat. I'm not endorsing Romney at all, I'm just saying it's not going to hurt our movement if he wins.

My advice is not to tell people what not to do, but to instead have something proactive. How about convincing a hardcore republican that the swing state of Iowa will decide the election and that the Iowa Republican party needs money to win and they will use it on their ground game. Or perhaps how Kurt Bills a republican can beat the democrat for senate in MN if they donate. Convince them to donate and focus on local elections and key races.

We are better off positioning ourselves for the future with important races rather than getting into arguments. Outside of that the people volunteering and working now will be more likely to do it in the future. Try to stay on good terms and get them on your side.

randpaul2016
08-15-2012, 11:48 AM
Tell them that ALL the candidates are banker pre-approved, that they ALL support TARP and other big corporate bailouts, that we are OWNED by the banker class, and that if they elect ANY of the candidates, bank bailouts are guaranteed to infinity.

Is that what they really want?

When they come back with, "Well, Ron Paul didn't win," show them why:

http://ralphlopez.hubpages.com/hub/Media-Admits-Romneys-Greatest-Fear-is-Ron-Paul-Nomination-Paul-Campaign-Demures

nice

http://images.businessweek.com/ss/06/12/1201_giftguide_toys/image/louisville-slugger-bat.jpg

i lol-ed

WesSeid
08-15-2012, 02:02 PM
Ask them what they like about Romney besides not being Obama. Unless they say how they love Romney's pro stance on bailouts, gun grabbing, NDAA indefinite detention, etc, it shouldn't be too hard from there.

Bastiat's The Law
08-15-2012, 02:43 PM
Plant seeds about Ryan's actual horrible record.

CaptLouAlbano
08-15-2012, 03:41 PM
When the candidate I support in the primary loses, I just tend to keep my mouth shut in regards to the general election. There is nothing to gain by coming out against the GOP candidate, and I feel that I would run the risk of alienating a person whom I may be able to convince to vote for a candidate of my choice at a future date.

bunklocoempire
08-15-2012, 03:51 PM

Whats the best thing to do or say? I dont go on full attack mode, thatd be like the worst thing to do...Im starting to see more obama and romney stickers as well and I just shake my head...but whats the smartest thing to do when friends turn to romney?

Ron Paul, independent, 3rd party>>>>2 party system

no1butpaul

Paul refused to endorse McCain and the liberty movement grew. (Assuming your friends want liberty)

Hope is no strategy, neither is desperation or rewarding bad behavior. Ask them to compare the results of their "strategy" with this:

http://s6.postimage.org/qzk9gexkd/0430_magazine_ronpaul.jpg (http://postimage.org/image/qzk9gexkd/)Where are the McCain inspired candidates? Oh yeah, there are none.

Truth is what inpires folks, not watered down garbage.

randpaul2016
08-15-2012, 07:00 PM
Just told this to one of my friends on facebook because he posted about Paul Ryan destroying Joe Biden in the debate

"Paul Ryans budget plan takes 30 years to balance, adds 11 trillion dollars in debt, requires the debt ceiling to be raised, and never actually decreses spending."

that was after him praising his budget plan. Im not the only one another dude is bashing Paul Ryan too lol

WesSeid
08-15-2012, 07:12 PM
Just told this to one of my friends on facebook because he posted about Paul Ryan destroying Joe Biden in the debate

"Paul Ryans budget plan takes 30 years to balance, adds 11 trillion dollars in debt, requires the debt ceiling to be raised, and never actually decreses spending."

that was after him praising his budget plan. Im not the only one another dude is bashing Paul Ryan too lol

I said that to someone, and they said, "I don't think so. I'd like to see your source on that."

So I pointed them to Paul Ryan's website.

GeorgiaAvenger
08-15-2012, 07:16 PM
No reason to tell them anything at this point. Should have done that early on in the primaries.

July
08-15-2012, 08:02 PM
My advice is not to tell people what not to do, but to instead have something proactive. How about convincing a hardcore republican that the swing state of Iowa will decide the election and that the Iowa Republican party needs money to win and they will use it on their ground game. Or perhaps how Kurt Bills a republican can beat the democrat for senate in MN if they donate. Convince them to donate and focus on local elections and key races.

We are better off positioning ourselves for the future with important races rather than getting into arguments. Outside of that the people volunteering and working now will be more likely to do it in the future. Try to stay on good terms and get them on your side.

+ rep

Instead of focusing energy on trying to pry them away from Romney, try to encourage enthusiasm for races that are still winnable, and meanwhile keep planting seeds and educating.

sailingaway
08-16-2012, 09:43 AM
When the candidate I support in the primary loses, I just tend to keep my mouth shut in regards to the general election. There is nothing to gain by coming out against the GOP candidate, and I feel that I would run the risk of alienating a person whom I may be able to convince to vote for a candidate of my choice at a future date.

You've only been here since May, did you even support him in the election? Because someone who didn't support him coming in here and saying it would be best if we just stayed silent even if they cheat our delegates and steal the cap off Ron's career to address the world at RNC after being nominated into convention, really isn't too persuasive to me. If you did support him, then I'll just say if they cheat our delegates, I will consider this particular winner of the nomination a direct enemy, not just the guy who won when our guy lost.

Note the payments in the FEC records to 'Charlie Cheater' who was passing fake Ron Paul slates at conventions and a ton of other actions. Romney will control credentials committee likely. The facts are really very clear and if no cheating occurs, Ron should easily be nominated from the floor. Romney has plenty of votes for the actual balloting that follows. Right now it looks like he wants our enmity.

For me, whether I devote energy to defeating Romney depends on his own actions and that of those whose input he controls.

CaptLouAlbano
08-16-2012, 09:53 AM
I have actually been reading this site for a few years. It wasn't until recently that someone showed me how to create an account so I could keep track of the threads that I have read through.

But to answer your question, yes I supported Paul this year. Each primary, whether it is for President, Governor or whatever office, I always support the most conservative candidate in the race. I'm not a big fan of labels, but if I had to I would say that I line up best with the Traditionalists, or the Old Right. Ron Paul, out of the available candidates, was closest to the way I view things.

Sometimes my guy wins, sometimes my guy loses. I get over it an move on. I don't see any benefit to bashing the winner of the primary contest if he was not my particular choice.

sailingaway
08-16-2012, 09:56 AM
I have actually been reading this site for a few years. It wasn't until recently that someone showed me how to create an account so I could keep track of the threads that I have read through.

But to answer your question, yes I supported Paul this year. Each primary, whether it is for President, Governor or whatever office, I always support the most conservative candidate in the race. I'm not a big fan of labels, but if I had to I would say that I line up best with the Traditionalists, or the Old Right. Ron Paul, out of the available candidates, was closest to the way I view things.

Sometimes my guy wins, sometimes my guy loses. I get over it an move on. I don't see any benefit to bashing the winner of the primary contest if he was not my particular choice.

Ron isn't some generic guy with about as good coming up next time, and his speeches bring into politics people who don't bother with it as not doing any good. Convention is about when people who DON'T vote in primaries start paying attention, and I really want Ron to have that speech. And as a group we are bigger than one person. People have learned that cheating us may not change the game but can come back to bite them personally. Sue Lowden in NV, for one.

CaptLouAlbano
08-16-2012, 10:04 AM
I appreciate your sentiments. I don't share the same adoration for him that you do. Perhaps, it is because I have lived through Goldwater, Reagan and many others. I am a big believer in "there is always next year".

He's a good guy, and I really like that he has been communicating the idea that people need to get involved in the GOP to reform it. I am very pleased to see that many have done that, and many more are doing that. I believe that to be the key to seeing more true conservatives elected to office in years to come.

sailingaway
08-16-2012, 10:09 AM
I appreciate your sentiments. I don't share the same adoration for him that you do. Perhaps, it is because I have lived through Goldwater, Reagan and many others. I am a big believer in "there is always next year".

He's a good guy, and I really like that he has been communicating the idea that people need to get involved in the GOP to reform it. I am very pleased to see that many have done that, and many more are doing that. I believe that to be the key to seeing more true conservatives elected to office in years to come.

Look at Reagan's record as opposed to his rhetoric. Goldwater was pretty good, but how long was that ago? And how irreversable are political actions lately?

Even if you look back to Goldwater, that isn't 'next year', but next generation -- and he may be treated just the same as Ron and Goldwater, at best getting a Reagan. We need people in NOW to get someone actually good.

Regardless, since I have invested a lot in someone who made me pay attention to primary politics for the first time, I want that opportunity spread to others at RNC, and Romney's campaign's actions directly cheated and continue to cheat what I was working and donating towards, so I take it personally. However, you are entitled to your own opinion.

CaptLouAlbano
08-16-2012, 10:14 AM
Well we surely do need people now. And unfortunately, the guy that most of us here wanted to win the nomination was unable to. So in regards to the topic of what tack we take with friends, at this point since the primary race has been completed I don't really find it beneficial to argue with people regarding Romney. I have a large circle of friends that I socialize with and politics does come up a lot. Some of my friends supported Romney, some Paul, some Santorum, some Newt. It really serves no purpose for me to bash Romney to them.

sailingaway
08-16-2012, 10:20 AM
Well we surely do need people now. And unfortunately, the guy that most of us here wanted to win the nomination was unable to. So in regards to the topic of what tack we take with friends, at this point since the primary race has been completed I don't really find it beneficial to argue with people regarding Romney. I have a large circle of friends that I socialize with and politics does come up a lot. Some of my friends supported Romney, some Paul, some Santorum, some Newt. It really serves no purpose for me to bash Romney to them.

I do, because it makes them have to take us seriously, next time. I think your attitude is what they are hoping for, which is what led me to ask if you supported Ron Paul prior to May.

Now if they don't cheat Ron (further), I'd not swear off snark, but I wouldn't have particular energy to show they just torpedoed themselves, either.

CaptLouAlbano
08-16-2012, 10:24 AM
I do, because it makes them have to take us seriously, next time. I think your attitude is what they are hoping for, which is what led me to ask if you supported Ron Paul prior to May.

I believe I answered that already. I did, our primary was in January.

So are you suggesting then when I get together for a round of golf with my friends I should bash Romney and lament how everyone should have voted for Paul instead? What purpose does that serve, and how do you think that will benefit me, or conservatives in general, in the next election?

sailingaway
08-16-2012, 10:26 AM
I believe I answered that already. I did, our primary was in January.

So are you suggesting then when I get together for a round of golf with my friends I should bash Romney and lament how everyone should have voted for Paul instead? What purpose does that serve, and how do you think that will benefit me, or conservatives in general, in the next election?

I think you need to do whatever you think is the right thing to do. If they shaft our delegates, I am going to be circulating video of the state conventions and abuse there, and making a point to point out the similarities between Obama and Romney etc, likely. I don't have to whine about Ron if he is out of the race, although I may mention I am writing him in and why if it comes up (my current intent.) I think it hurts conservatives to let Romney and Ryan pretend to be conservatives, smear by association. And if they shaft Ron's delegates in credentials I will have specific incentive to point it out, even beyond that belief.

WesSeid
08-16-2012, 10:30 AM
Some of my friends supported Romney, some Paul, some Santorum, some Newt. It really serves no purpose for me to bash Romney to them.

Yes it does because Romney sucks.

CaptLouAlbano
08-16-2012, 10:39 AM
I think you need to do whatever you think is the right thing to do. If they shaft our delegates, I am going to be circulating video of the state conventions and abuse there, and making a point to point out the similarities between Obama and Romney etc, likely. I don't have to whine about Ron if he is out of the race, although I may mention I am writing him in and why if it comes up (my current intent.) I think it hurts conservatives to let Romney and Ryan pretend to be conservatives, smear by association. And if they shaft Ron's delegates in credentials I will have specific incentive to point it out, even beyond that belief.

Are you hoping that Romney loses to Obama in the General Election then?

sailingaway
08-16-2012, 10:43 AM

I'll worry about that after Tampa. However, if Romney cheats Ron's delegates in Tampa my focus will be much more on that than on who of such similar policied politicians, supported by the same special interests, gets elected president.

There isn't enough difference, and certainly isn't ANY suggestion of backbone to stand up for an particular policy, between the candidates.

CaptLouAlbano
08-16-2012, 10:50 AM
So if the delegates are cheated, what do you hope to gain from the focus you place on that issue?

Do you bring up this issue, and related issues with your friends at social gatherings and other times where you interact with them (work, parties, picnics, etc)?

sailingaway
08-16-2012, 10:52 AM
So if the delegates are cheated, what do you hope to gain from the focus you place on that issue?

Do you bring up this issue, and related issues with your friends at social gatherings and other times where you interact with them (work, parties, picnics, etc)?

You seem to have an agenda to change other people's behavior. Why is that?

I've explained what mine would be.

CaptLouAlbano
08-16-2012, 10:58 AM
You seem to have an agenda to change other people's behavior. Why is that?

I've explained what mine would be.

Not trying to change behavior at all. I am just curious as to how people are interacting with their friends in regards to this election. I assumed the point of this topic was to see how others deal with the results of the primaries when interacting with their friends.

You did mention your opinion on the election, but I was curious as to whether you are the first person to bring these issue up at social gatherings or if you wait until the topic is addressed before inserting your opinion. I am also curious as to the reactions people get if they are still dwelling on the primary results. Are people interested in hearing about this, are they confrontational, defensive, or do they just simply try and steer the conversation to other topics?

If you are not comfortable answering those things, I understand.

sailingaway
08-16-2012, 11:00 AM
Yes, I do mention it interacting with friends and family. I've sent them video of the Louisiana and Oregon state conventions, etc. A little here, a little there. It is a social thing, after all.

People behave differently. Some are disbelieving, then I send video and they are shocked. The ones who don't really care much I don't send video to, I just mention it when the topic is relevant. POLITICS comes up, it is an election year. But many don't like Romney and are not much liking having him as nominee.

CaptLouAlbano
08-16-2012, 11:05 AM
I find it comes up often. But all in all about maybe 10% of the total conversation. All of us are retired, and we get together with one another pretty much on a daily basis to some degree whether we are golfing, or playing cards or whatever else we may be doing.

I will say that no one in my circle of friends like Obama. I don't know a single person that is voting for him this year, and some of my friends did vote for him in 2008 to "give him a chance". So either they are ashamed to mention they do still like him, or they genuinely do not like him.

Anti Federalist
08-16-2012, 11:08 AM

I can't answer for SA, but yes, I am, certainly.

For a number of both political and personal reasons.

CaptLouAlbano
08-16-2012, 11:57 AM
I can't answer for SA, but yes, I am, certainly.

For a number of both political and personal reasons.

Do you express this when among friends? If so, what sort of reaction do you get since they (presumably) knew you supported a Republican in the primaries?

sailingaway
08-16-2012, 12:04 PM
Do you express this when among friends? If so, what sort of reaction do you get since they (presumably) knew you supported a Republican in the primaries?

My friends who know I supported a Republican in the primaries know why I did. It is really hard to make a case of 'party over principle', logically.

CaptLouAlbano
08-16-2012, 12:18 PM
My friends who know I supported a Republican in the primaries know why I did. It is really hard to make a case of 'party over principle', logically.

I don't see it as "party over principle". I would gladly vote for a Dem over a Republican if on the issues the Dem held to a more conservative position than the Republican. I do agree with you though that there is very little difference between Obama and Romney, which is why Romney was the last person out of the group that ran that I wanted to see win.

Taxes are the big issue for me this year (as they are in most years), and I do like that Romney proposes to end the "death tax", and reduce the corporate tax to 25%. Both of those issues effect me directly. It doesn't mean that I am enthusiastically supporting the man, but if he wins and those two proposals are put into law, it would be personally beneficial for me.

sailingaway
08-16-2012, 12:36 PM
If you like Romney, that is a reason to vote for him. On the other side, he would be in 8 years, likely, rather than 4, and conservatives seem to sleep when there is a Republican in power. If he cheats Ron's delegates, that will have a ton more bearing to me on the sort of president he would be than anything else.

And letting him get away with it would be terrible precedent, imho.

freedomordeath
08-16-2012, 12:38 PM
I've had lively debates and poeple laugh at me even, but the one thing I notice is out the blue they'll ask me questions like, "what do you think of Paul Ryan". Now they know where I stand, and the press paints Paul Ryan as this freaking BUDGET HAWK, so then they get this confused look on their face when a guy like me froths at the mouth speaking about Paul Ryan lol.

So carry on, it does work. Remember that movie called Inception. Just remember to water the seed and show them links like this where BBC is using 9 year old Iraqi pics of dead bodies for the Syrian propaganda http://blog.alexanderhiggins.com/2012/05/30/bbc-caught-iraq-mass-grave-photo-syria-propaganda-138921/

sailingaway
08-16-2012, 12:40 PM
I've had lively debates and poeple laugh at me even, but the one thing I notice is out the blue they'll ask me questions like, "what do you think of Paul Ryan". Now they know where I stand, and the press paints Paul Ryan as this freaking BUDGET HAWK, so then they get this confused look on their face when a guy like me froths at the mouth speaking about Paul Ryan lol.

So carry on, it does work. Remember that movie called Inception. Just remember to water the seed and show them links like this where BBC is using 9 year old Iraqi pics of dead bodies for the Syrian propaganda http://blog.alexanderhiggins.com/2012/05/30/bbc-caught-iraq-mass-grave-photo-syria-propaganda-138921/

And that is one of the worst aspects of this. The GOP and Dems both are putting up this complete farce that Ryan is an 'Ayn Rand loving budget hawk' trying to paint him with Ron's colors. That is outright libel, imho, and very damaging to us, if people believe it.

CaptLouAlbano
08-16-2012, 12:42 PM
I wouldn't go so far as to say I like him. But in a choice between him and Obama, Romney is preferable to me - at the very least on those two tax issues. I am currently paying a 34% corporate tax rate, a reduction to 25% would save us in excess of $100K per year. Also, if my wife and I were to both pass, the Federal government would get upwards of 15% of our estate instead of that being passed onto our kids.

freedomordeath
08-16-2012, 12:45 PM
LAUGH OUT LOUD... or this, you can't make this stuff up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lWB5ssifTg

sailingaway
08-16-2012, 01:00 PM
I wouldn't go so far as to say I like him. But in a choice between him and Obama, Romney is preferable to me - at the very least on those two tax issues. I am currently paying a 34% corporate tax rate, a reduction to 25% would save us in excess of $100K per year. Also, if my wife and I were to both pass, the Federal government would get upwards of 15% of our estate instead of that being passed onto our kids.

I think, to be honest, that the same estate tax fix will happen regardless of which of them is president. The policy pressure from special interest is about the same and they are both weathervanes imho. Corporate tax might be different. But what if it is at the expense, say, of the mortgage deduction for personal income taxes? and others you may use? I dont know if it will be a total wash on your personal hot button issues, obviously, you have to make that decision.

For me, civil liberties are huge and once again they have managed to avoid the biggest issues of a campaign by having nominees who are the same on key issues. That OVERALL is what I oppose, that we never have a real choice. And letting them get away with cheating on Ron's delegates perpetuates that system, and it would be more important to me to make sure they regret it, if they do cheat. I don't FAVOR Romney in any scenario. But there is a scenario (cheating Ron more than he has already been cheated) where I am motivated to OPPOSE him more than in another scenario.

randpaul2016
08-16-2012, 05:41 PM
I said that to someone, and they said, "I don't think so. I'd like to see your source on that."

So I pointed them to Paul Ryan's website.

niiiice

Sometimes my guy wins, sometimes my guy loses. I get over it an move on.

Ron Paul supporters dont just move on if he loses :D

Tinnuhana
08-16-2012, 08:28 PM
Guess you could say I'm not voting for just a president, I'm voting for freedom. NOBP
And I can't believe they seem to think Paul supporters can't see through that cryptoKeynesian Ryan. Let's see: 30 yrs to balance the budget vs 3...
And Paul Ryan is going to be in charge all the 30 yrs to make sure it happens?