PDA

View Full Version : Facebook gets even Creepier...

DamianTV
08-14-2012, 03:06 PM
The Facebook camera that can recognise you every time you walk into a shop
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2187801/Were-watching-The-camera-recognise-Facebook-picture-time-walk-shop.html

Shoppers could soon be automatically recognised when they walk into a shop using a controversial new camera.

Called Facedeals, the camera uses photos uploaded to Facebook to recognise people as they walk in.

Shoppers who agree to use the system, which has not been developed with Facebook, will be offered special deals.

A promotional video created to promote the concept shows drinkers entering a bar, and then being offerend cheap drinks as they are recognised.
'Facebook check-ins are a powerful mechanism for businesses to deliver discounts to loyal customers, yet few businesses—and fewer customers—have realized it,' said Nashville-based advertising agency Redpepper.
They are already trialling the scheme in firms close to their office.

'A search for businesses with active deals in our area turned up a measly six offers.
'The odds we’ll ever be at one of those six spots are low (a strip club and photography studio among them), and the incentives for a check-in are not nearly enticing enough for us to take the time.

'So we set out to evolve the check-in and sweeten the deal, making both irresistible.
'We call it Facedeals.'

Facebook recently hit the headlines when it bought face.com, an Israeli firm that pioneered the use of face recognition technology online.
The social networking giant uses the software to recognise people in uploaded pictures, allowing it to accurately spot friends.

The Facebook camera requires people to have authorised the Facedeals app through their Facebook account.

This verifies your most recent photo tags and maps the biometric data of your face.

The system then learns what a user looks like as more pictures are approved.

This data is then used to identify you in the real world.

(There is a video on the link at the top)

Can this world get any fucking creepier? Whats next? FaceToilet? FaceSex? FaceObGyn?

Indy Vidual
08-15-2012, 12:13 AM
Creepy, crawly
Creepy, crawly
Creepy, creepy, crawly, crawly

http://i.imgur.com/RSOcD.jpg

Face It
Welcome to the Brave New World

VIDEODROME
08-15-2012, 02:52 AM
I have a Kroger card for discounts and that's where that crap ends.

I quit Facebook 2 years ago and don't miss it.

Also, it figures Mark Zuckerberg was born in 1984

moostraks
08-15-2012, 06:56 AM
Also, it figures Mark Zuckerberg was born in 1984

lol!

Anti Federalist
08-15-2012, 01:55 PM
Good for them.

German Official: Facebook Must Delete Faces

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/wireStory/german-official-facebook-delete-faces-17011668

A German data protection official called Wednesday for social networking site Facebook to delete biometric profiles of people stored without their explicit consent, saying they breach European privacy rules.

In other words, he wants Facebook to delete users' faces from its databases.

heavenlyboy34
08-15-2012, 02:00 PM
Why, oh why do people STILL post their real photos and personal info on farcebook? Plus use those tag things to easily attach names to faces? /facepalm Epic fail. I just don't get it. I know some highly intelligent people who do it, too. (most are certainly old enough to know better)

KingNothing
08-15-2012, 02:03 PM
Meh. Facebook will have gone the way of Myspace in a 2-5 years. Not that the data they've collected will be erased or stored free from the grasping hands of government and corporations, though.

PaulConventionWV
08-15-2012, 05:15 PM
Creepy, crawly
Creepy, crawly

Face It

That kinda confirms the suspicion that Facebook is being used to track us, doesn't it? Anyone gonna deny it?

Drex
08-15-2012, 05:53 PM
If I walk in with an Obama mask on will I get special deals since I'm the president?

Anti Federalist
08-15-2012, 05:57 PM
If I walk in with an Obama mask on will I get special deals since I'm the president?

No, but I'd bet you a dollar you'd get tackled, tased and arrested instead.

Squeaky Voiced Teen - "Teasing the box is felony offense, sir."

Yieu
08-15-2012, 06:05 PM
Did someone watch Minority Report and think, "This is what I need in my life."? This is desirable?

Peace Piper
08-16-2012, 05:04 AM
What does the data that Facebook collects after about 1 year of "membership" look like?

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/9606/austriansfacebk.jpg
(see the details: http://www.europe-v-facebook.org/EN/Data_Pool/data_pool.html )

Austrian student takes on Facebook over privacy

In this photo taken Monday, Oct. 10, 2011, Austrian student Max Schrems holds files about his activities on his Facebook account that Facebook handed over to him, in Vienna, Austria. Schrems wasn't quite sure what information about himself Facebook would send him after he filed a request with the social networking giant to receive his personal data, as is required under European law.

It certainly wasn't the stack of 1,222 pages worth on a CD that inspired him to launch an online campaign aimed at forcing the social media behemoth to abide by European data privacy laws _ something the Palo Alto, California-based company insists it already does. Since August, some 350,000 people have visited the site, dubbed "Europe vs. Facebook," and flooded Facebook's European branch, based in Ireland, with requests for their personal data. (AP Photo/Ronald Zak)

One of Schrems' main complaints with Facebook, he says, is that company retains information far longer than allowed under European law, which it most cases is limited to a few months.

"I wondered, what are they doing with my data?" Schrems said, sitting with his laptop in a Viennese coffee house. "I thought through everything that one can do with that amount of information, all the marketing that is possible."

Under European law, consumers have the right to request a record of the personal information held by a company. The law further stipulates that to retain data beyond the limit of several months, a company must have a reason to do so...(more)

http://phys.org/news/2011-10-austrian-student-facebook-privacy.html

see also: http://www.europe-v-facebook.org/

http://youtu.be/Xk3I-a3CJdo

Anti Federalist
08-16-2012, 12:16 PM
Facebook Declines as End of Lockup Frees 60% More Shares: Tech

Brian WomackAug 16, 2012 11:35 am ET

http://washpost.bloomberg.com/Story?docId=1376-M8TJQF0D9L3501-095GG65CQR403PSFDEO3N6JL0F

Aug. 16 (Bloomberg) -- Facebook Inc. fell to an intraday low after freeing up an additional 271.1 million shares, boosting by 60 percent the number available to trade and compounding concerns that have depressed the stock since the initial public offering.

Facebook declined 5.9 percent to $19.95 at 11:15 a.m. in New York, and earlier dropped to $19.69, the lowest-ever intraday price. Shares haven’t closed above the $38 IPO price since the first day of trading.

The prospect of more stock sales means Facebook will need to work even harder to convince investors that it deserves a higher price, relative to earnings, than all of its U.S.-based competitors, except for LinkedIn Corp. The shares freed up today make up only 14 percent of the 1.91 billion that will be available for sales in the coming nine months.

“Buckle your seatbelts for the next couple of months until they make it through all these shares coming unlocked,” said Tom Forte, an analyst at Telsey Advisory Group in New York.

Early Facebook investors such as DST Global Ltd., Goldman Sachs Group Inc., Elevation Partners and Accel Partners can start selling part of their holdings today, Menlo Park, California-based Facebook has said in filings. That’s after the lifting of restrictions, set with underwriters, that are designed to prevent a flood of shares immediately after an IPO.

The shares subject to today’s lock-up expiry are worth about $5.75 billion, based on yesterday’s closing price, and represent almost six times the average daily trading volume in Facebook stock.

Declining Value

The restriction is being lifted for early investors, excluding Facebook Chief Executive Officer Mark Zuckerberg, who sold part of their holdings in the IPO. Ashley Zandy, a spokeswoman for Facebook, declined to comment.

Facebook, worth $51.2 billion, has lost about $40 billion in market value since the IPO, making it the worst performer among all large IPOs on record, according to data compiled by Bloomberg.

Additional shares are freed up at various stages in the coming months. The next comes between Oct. 15 and Nov. 13, when restraints are removed on about 243 million shares. Lock-up expires on about 1.2 billion shares on Nov. 14, and on 149.4 million shares a month later. A final round comes May 18, 2013, with 47.3 million shares becoming available.

Still, the decline has been steep enough to make some investors consider holding onto shares instead of selling as quickly as they can, said Mark Harding, an analyst at JMP Securities LLC. Shares have fallen in anticipation of the expiration of the lock-ups, he said.

Microsoft, Thiel

“It certainly wouldn’t behoove and wouldn’t be in the shareholders’ best interest to dump the shares on the market all at once,” he said. “I would assume that all of the investors that hold the 270 million-odd shares are probably rational, and probably realize that flooding the market with that kind of supply over such a short amount of time wouldn’t help their position.”

Microsoft Corp., based in Redmond, Washington, will probably hang onto its stake after the lockup-ban lifts, a person with knowledge of the matter said on Aug. 10.

Microsoft views Facebook as a strategic partner in the combat against Google Inc., rather than as a near-term moneymaker, said the person, who requested anonymity because the plans are private.

Other investors have been preparing for potential sales. Director Peter Thiel, who sold in the IPO, has given himself added flexibility to unload more holdings, according to a regulatory filing. Thiel, one of Facebook’s earliest investors, converted more than 9 million shares to Class A from Class B. Class A shares are easier to sell on the public markets.

Growing Optimism

Facebook has grappled with concerns about its valuation after reporting sales growth of 32 percent in the second quarter from the year-ago period, down from 45 percent in the first quarter and 55 percent in the fourth quarter. The second-quarter gain was dwarfed by a surge in spending on marketing and sales, which ballooned to $392 million.

Part of Facebook’s challenge is making money from the growing slice of users who access the social network over mobile devices. During the second quarter, the number of ads delivered in the U.S. dropped 2 percent from a year earlier even amid an increase in overall daily users.

Mobile advertising probably contributed just $15 million to second-quarter sales that totaled $1.18 billion, Forte said.

The company has since added a service for software developers, enabling them to entice users to download applications onto mobile devices. The company also said earlier this week that it’s testing a service that lets companies put more ads on mobile phones.

“Despite revenue growth that has decelerated, we see largely organic annual growth of” 25 percent or more through 2014, S&P Capital IQ wrote in a research note. “We have grown more optimistic about the company’s efforts related to monetization and mobile.”

TonySutton
08-16-2012, 12:22 PM
This is why you upload pictures other than yourself and tag yourself in them

AlexAmore
08-16-2012, 12:29 PM
Why, oh why do people STILL post their real photos and personal info on farcebook? Plus use those tag things to easily attach names to faces? /facepalm Epic fail. I just don't get it. I know some highly intelligent people who do it, too. (most are certainly old enough to know better)

Not so easy to stop when friends take random pictures and publish them on Facebook and tag your name to it.

ZenBowman
08-16-2012, 01:13 PM
Good for them.

German Official: Facebook Must Delete Faces

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/wireStory/german-official-facebook-delete-faces-17011668

A German data protection official called Wednesday for social networking site Facebook to delete biometric profiles of people stored without their explicit consent, saying they breach European privacy rules.

In other words, he wants Facebook to delete users' faces from its databases.

Why should government stop a private company from collecting and analyzing voluntarily submitted data?

Anti Federalist
08-16-2012, 01:15 PM
Not so easy to stop when friends take random pictures and publish them on Facebook and tag your name to it.

Murders, there would be.

Anti Federalist
08-16-2012, 01:22 PM
Why should government stop a private company from collecting and analyzing voluntarily submitted data?

Because this goes beyond voluntary.

Sorry, but you'll get no sympathy from me for FedBook's "property rights".

FedBook does not have right to collect data on me without my consent, any more than Google has any right to spy into my private property and collect pictures of my home and land, especially when both of those "private" companies are so far up the government's ass they can't even see daylight any more.

Todd
08-16-2012, 03:07 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KUlZBM9v3E

HOLLYWOOD
08-16-2012, 08:04 PM
FRAUDBOOK...

Closed @ $19.99

This has to be the biggest SCAM of an IPO in American history. They Suckered-In Billions of dollars... no one did an analysis of this joke and Myspace should of been the RED light to this is more crap pumped by special interest.

People are fools to post their life on it... if anything create a dozen accounts to derail the stealers of everthing, into their own mine.

Carson
08-16-2012, 08:18 PM
Creepy, crawly
Creepy, crawly

Face It

You reminded me of the Firefox extension that lets you see who your computer is contacting when you visit a website. We're being ratted out bigtime.

It shows in graphic for much like Indy Vidual's picture.

http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/collusion/

I see there is a article. It may show what Collusion does with out taking the leap yourself.

Firefox Add-On Collusion Shows Who's Tracking You Online (http://www.pcworld.com/article/250986/firefox_addon_collusion_shows_whos_tracking_you_on line.html)

FaceBook disconnect tools. I'm not for sure if this cut the link Collusion shows but seemed worth a try. At least it hasn't caused any problems I'm aware of.

https://disconnect.me/tools

DamianTV
08-17-2012, 02:05 AM
Germany: Facebook Must Destroy Facial Recognition Database
http://govtslaves.info/germany-facebook-must-destroy-facial-recognition-database/

(Jon Brodkin) German data protection officials today accused Facebook of “illegally compiling a vast photo database of users without their consent” and demanded that the social network destroy its archive of files based on facial recognition technology, the New York Times reported.

Facebook says that it uses face recognition software to match users’ photos to others and suggest friends to tag in those photos. A user can prevent friends from seeing tag suggestions when they upload photos that look like that user. But this requires opting out through Facebook privacy settings, which Germany notes is a violation of European law.

“The social networking company’s decision to use analytic software to compile photographic archives of human faces, based on photos uploaded by Facebook’s users, has been controversial in Europe, where data protection laws require users to give their explicit consent to the practice,” the Timeswrote. “Instead of using such an opt-in system, Facebook assumes users will want to use facial recognition and requires them to opt out instead.”

Germany started investigating Facebook over the practice in June 2011, suspending the investigation in June of this year after failing to convince Facebook to change its practices. But the German data protection commission reopened the investigation today, demanding that Facebook “destroy its photographic database of faces collected in Germany and revise its Web site to obtain the explicit consent of users before it creates a digital file based on the biometric data of their faces,” the article states.

Facebook claims it doesn’t have to do that, in part because the data collection is legal in Ireland, where Facebook’s European operations are based. “We believe that the Photo Tag Suggest feature on Facebook is fully compliant with EU data protection laws,” Facebook said in a statement issued to the Times. “During our continuous dialogue with our supervisory authority in Europe, the Office of the Irish Data Protection Commissioner, we agreed to develop a best practice solution to notify people on Facebook about Photo Tag Suggest.”

Germany could issue a fine, or try to get a court order compelling Facebook to change its practices, but it will be difficult because of the company being headquartered in the US. While Facebook isn’t backing down, it has made one small concession by agreeing to suspend the tagging feature for Europeans who joined Facebook on or after July 1.

So again, Facebook claims that it is big enough that it doesnt have to answer to anyone.

Anti Federalist
08-17-2012, 10:54 AM
Facebook shares drop four percent, hit another low

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/08/17/us-facebook-shares-idUSBRE87G0MO20120817

By Alexei Oreskovic

SAN FRANCISCO | Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:15pm EDT

SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - Facebook Inc shares sank as much 4.3 percent on Friday to set a new low, a day after early investors got the green light to sell for the first time.

More than 270 million shares owned by the early investors became available for trade on Thursday after a 3-month curb on sales ended. That's more than one-half the 421 million shares sold in its initial public offering on May 18.

Facebook hit a low of $19.01 Friday morning and were down almost exactly 50 percent from the $38 offering price at its May IPO. At midday, the stock had eased to $19.15, off 3.5 percent.

Nearly 62 million shares of Facebook traded hands in the first two hours of trading on Friday.

kahless
08-17-2012, 11:03 AM
I want it to lose all value but I know that some suckers will always think they are getting a bargain and buy in. So it may take a very long time before it dies.

A great day will come when Facebook or it's buyer sells everyone's data and people will be freaking out over it. It will teach the nation a collective lesson that will not be repeated for a long time.

The only problem is the government already has the most detailed database of it's citizens that has never in the history of the world been achieved.

jcannon98188
08-17-2012, 11:14 AM
Because this goes beyond voluntary.

Sorry, but you'll get no sympathy from me for FedBook's "property rights".

FedBook does not have right to collect data on me without my consent, any more than Google has any right to spy into my private property and collect pictures of my home and land, especially when both of those "private" companies are so far up the government's ass they can't even see daylight any more.

Sorry, but "I agree to the Terms and Conditions"..... that is granting consent.

kahless
08-17-2012, 12:47 PM
What the Facebook skeptics know
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/what-the-facebook-skeptics-know-2012-08-17?siteid=yhoof2

They now understand that trading post-IPO shares of social media companies is a rigged game, in which a scarcity of shares supports an artificially inflated stock price. Once that scarcity ends, the stocks are subject to the harsh forces of supply and demand in a more open market.
The savvy will also sell because they can see even better than retail investors that Facebook’s secret is out.

The secret is this: Every quarter, a greater percentage of Facebook’s most active users are accessing its site via mobile devices, rather than desktop PCs. And the ad revenues in mobile advertising are so far just a fraction of those for traditional Web-based ads.

linusPAULing
08-17-2012, 04:39 PM
[B]
A promotional video created to promote the concept shows drinkers entering a bar, and then being offerend cheap drinks as they are recognised.

Sure, facebook will get you a few cheap drinks and then notify the cops when you're leaving and how many drinks you had. This should help increase municipal revenues quite nicely!

Anti Federalist
08-17-2012, 06:26 PM
Sorry, but "I agree to the Terms and Conditions"..... that is granting consent.

I do not have a FedBook account.

I do not have a Screwgle account.

I have NEVER signed or authorized ANY EULA with either of those companies.

Yet they collect data on me, every single day.

Fuck them, hard, I hope they both go bankrupt and everybody loses their shirts.

No, I take that back, this is one of the few cases where I would be in favor of a heavy handed "crackdown".

Since both of these operations (and they are not the only ones, not by a long shot) are lining their pockets by aiding and abetting the police/surveillance state, fuck 'em, and throw them in the rape cages.

"Private property" my aching ass...

DamianTV
08-17-2012, 06:30 PM
Facebook shares drop four percent, hit another low

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/08/17/us-facebook-shares-idUSBRE87G0MO20120817

By Alexei Oreskovic

SAN FRANCISCO | Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:15pm EDT

SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - Facebook Inc shares sank as much 4.3 percent on Friday to set a new low, a day after early investors got the green light to sell for the first time.

More than 270 million shares owned by the early investors became available for trade on Thursday after a 3-month curb on sales ended. That's more than one-half the 421 million shares sold in its initial public offering on May 18.

Facebook hit a low of $19.01 Friday morning and were down almost exactly 50 percent from the $38 offering price at its May IPO. At midday, the stock had eased to $19.15, off 3.5 percent.

Nearly 62 million shares of Facebook traded hands in the first two hours of trading on Friday.

Heres my problem with FarceBook going public:

Facebook as a private company steals my private information and sells it to corporations for profit. #1 I NEVER gave them concent, and me being on the internet period has absolutely nothing to do with "implied concent". But when the company goes public and everyone owns stock in it, all those people want nothing more than to see the price of those stocks go up up up, regardless of how it is accomplished. Thus, when the stockholders come along and demand that the company earn their stocks more money by any means necessary, Facebook implements even more technology to be forced upon me, without my concent, in order to affect the price of their stocks. Thus, the people are demanding that I turn over every bit of information that I generate over to FedBook so they can sell it so the stockholders make money, which makes the Stockholders complicit in the crimes against me.

The technology follows the demands of making money. So now FedFarcePages are going to start tracking me when I go shopping in some store? Im not made aware of their intent to track me so how can this be legal? Lets say I run over to a mom and pop video store (like they are not all out of business by now), and they have a FaceBook Spy Cam in their store. They wont be required by law to put up a sign that says they are going to take my picture and slap the fucker up on SpyBook. Without my knowledge, and without my concent. And this "Implied Concent" is such a fucking load of horse shit that every time someone says it, that fucker needs to get their testicles slammed in a car door. And if they dont have testicles, no problem, first we force a sex change operation on them the same way as they force my information into their system, then we slam the recently sex change operation victims testicles in a car door. "Implied Concent" is the equivilant of saying that you are concenting to being raped if you dont put up a fight even though you have a fucking gun pointed at your skull. Thats the equivilant of Facebook saying that if you breathe air, you are providing implied concent for them to track you and sell your information. Try reading their Terms of Service sometime. Non Transferrable, Irrevocable License to do what ever the fuck they want. And its all supported by the just as complicit in the crime Stock Holders.

See, heres something else people dont get about Privacy. If someone came up with some new soft drink, they would do everything in thier power to make you aware of their product. But Coke and Pepsi would have you believe that only two types of soft drinks exist. They have the ability to influence your decision because of your lack of privacy. However, if you are left alone to decide for yourself which one is better, you might say they all taste like shit and not buy any of em. You will make inheritly different decisions, and those decisions are influenced when a sponsor can communicate an idea to you. Without that communication, you would conclude that banks are fucking evil, governments are self serving fuck-ups, and corporations are the sourge of morality. But if you listen to any Republican, they will tell you that Republican (read: Facist, our Republicans are R's in name only) principles are the principles people should follow. Same thing with the democrats. Listen to government and they will say its either Republicans (Facists) or Democrats (Socialists). They will tell you over and over again that you "need" government, otherwise you would have died of self injury a long time ago by not having government make laws that prohibit swimming pools, force bicycle helments, and Government Shower Cameras, for your safety. Listen to Fast Food and they will tell you the only soft drinks out there are Coke or Pepsi, even though many others exist. They all try to influence your decision. They all try to tell you that their product is better.

Many marketers are also aware of certain types of people responding better to certin types of approaches when promoting a product, service, or facist law. The more they know about you, the better they can individually target you. They also know what not to say. Take NBC and Romney. And say you are gay and they know it. Since they want Romney in office, they are going to tailor your news to make sure that you never hear about all the negative shit that Romney has against gay people, which will influence your decision. If you are hopelessly dependant on NBC for your only source of news, than you are pretty much guaranteed to be a shoe-in for you deciding to vote for Romney because of what they told you. And if they cant control your decision, than you are considered Unviable and are excluded from society as quickly as possible. But one thing is for sure, the last thing that they want you to know is that you are a Slave to the Corporations and Banks, and that people like Ron Paul even exist.

If they get their druthers, what do you think this world will look like 200 years from now? How will the History of the Federal Reserve be printed? As the Private Entity that brought the world to the brink of destruction, or the saving grace of the world? We know the truth, but how long will the truth remain in print if they are allowed to control everything? Our history is dependant on our perception of it. We made out Native American Indians to be "Savages" and stupid, so we could take their land. We were the bad guy. We didnt make peace with them. We killed them. We murdered them. But look at the way our history is now compared to the way that they were portrayed when we were killing them. And yeah, things havent changed much, we are still killing them off, even today, by way of poison diets. How does history remember the men that stood up to the Banks? They are now labeled as Terrorists, and being excluded from every History Book. How many people know that the US has had 3 Central Banks? How many people know the names of the Presidents that took out 2 of those Central Banks? Isnt it funny that those men had their portraits on the Federal Reserve Notes we pass off as Currency? If they know what you think, they know how to make you think something different. Without Privacy, your decisions may no longer your own.

Normally, I'd rant about the danger to your very life that the lack of privacy can pose to you, but thought I'd switch my standard ranting up a bit in favor of something different.

nobody's_hero
08-17-2012, 06:38 PM
I 'inactivated' my facebook account about 3 weeks ago, and while it was hard getting used to not using it, I have now reached the point where I don't miss it.

You can't actually delete it, I guess. None of my friends have called me on my phone to ask what happened to my facebook page. Supposedly no one is supposed to see your page when you "inactivate" your account.

In all honesty, I miss the days when facebook was restricted to college students, and I think it's gone down-hill ever since. I know it's a great tool for communication but . . . When it was just about college students scheduling frat parties and keg stands, it had a certain specific purpose. Now it's just a jumbled mess like Myspace.

EDIT: my mind wanders into nostalgia sometimes.

Anti Federalist
08-17-2012, 06:44 PM
Wow, thanks for saving me a ton of typing.

That's it, exactly.

Heres my problem with FarceBook going public:

Facebook as a private company steals my private information and sells it to corporations for profit. #1 I NEVER gave them concent, and me being on the internet period has absolutely nothing to do with "implied concent". But when the company goes public and everyone owns stock in it, all those people want nothing more than to see the price of those stocks go up up up, regardless of how it is accomplished. Thus, when the stockholders come along and demand that the company earn their stocks more money by any means necessary, Facebook implements even more technology to be forced upon me, without my concent, in order to affect the price of their stocks. Thus, the people are demanding that I turn over every bit of information that I generate over to FedBook so they can sell it so the stockholders make money, which makes the Stockholders complicit in the crimes against me.

The technology follows the demands of making money. So now FedFarcePages are going to start tracking me when I go shopping in some store? Im not made aware of their intent to track me so how can this be legal? Lets say I run over to a mom and pop video store (like they are not all out of business by now), and they have a FaceBook Spy Cam in their store. They wont be required by law to put up a sign that says they are going to take my picture and slap the fucker up on SpyBook. Without my knowledge, and without my concent. And this "Implied Concent" is such a fucking load of horse shit that every time someone says it, that fucker needs to get their testicles slammed in a car door. And if they dont have testicles, no problem, first we force a sex change operation on them the same way as they force my information into their system, then we slam the recently sex change operation victims testicles in a car door. "Implied Concent" is the equivilant of saying that you are concenting to being raped if you dont put up a fight even though you have a fucking gun pointed at your skull. Thats the equivilant of Facebook saying that if you breathe air, you are providing implied concent for them to track you and sell your information. Try reading their Terms of Service sometime. Non Transferrable, Irrevocable License to do what ever the fuck they want. And its all supported by the just as complicit in the crime Stock Holders.

See, heres something else people dont get about Privacy. If someone came up with some new soft drink, they would do everything in thier power to make you aware of their product. But Coke and Pepsi would have you believe that only two types of soft drinks exist. They have the ability to influence your decision because of your lack of privacy. However, if you are left alone to decide for yourself which one is better, you might say they all taste like shit and not buy any of em. You will make inheritly different decisions, and those decisions are influenced when a sponsor can communicate an idea to you. Without that communication, you would conclude that banks are fucking evil, governments are self serving fuck-ups, and corporations are the sourge of morality. But if you listen to any Republican, they will tell you that Republican (read: Facist, our Republicans are R's in name only) principles are the principles people should follow. Same thing with the democrats. Listen to government and they will say its either Republicans (Facists) or Democrats (Socialists). They will tell you over and over again that you "need" government, otherwise you would have died of self injury a long time ago by not having government make laws that prohibit swimming pools, force bicycle helments, and Government Shower Cameras, for your safety. Listen to Fast Food and they will tell you the only soft drinks out there are Coke or Pepsi, even though many others exist. They all try to influence your decision. They all try to tell you that their product is better.

Many marketers are also aware of certain types of people responding better to certin types of approaches when promoting a product, service, or facist law. The more they know about you, the better they can individually target you. They also know what not to say. Take NBC and Romney. And say you are gay and they know it. Since they want Romney in office, they are going to tailor your news to make sure that you never hear about all the negative shit that Romney has against gay people, which will influence your decision. If you are hopelessly dependant on NBC for your only source of news, than you are pretty much guaranteed to be a shoe-in for you deciding to vote for Romney because of what they told you. And if they cant control your decision, than you are considered Unviable and are excluded from society as quickly as possible. But one thing is for sure, the last thing that they want you to know is that you are a Slave to the Corporations and Banks, and that people like Ron Paul even exist.

If they get their druthers, what do you think this world will look like 200 years from now? How will the History of the Federal Reserve be printed? As the Private Entity that brought the world to the brink of destruction, or the saving grace of the world? We know the truth, but how long will the truth remain in print if they are allowed to control everything? Our history is dependant on our perception of it. We made out Native American Indians to be "Savages" and stupid, so we could take their land. We were the bad guy. We didnt make peace with them. We killed them. We murdered them. But look at the way our history is now compared to the way that they were portrayed when we were killing them. And yeah, things havent changed much, we are still killing them off, even today, by way of poison diets. How does history remember the men that stood up to the Banks? They are now labeled as Terrorists, and being excluded from every History Book. How many people know that the US has had 3 Central Banks? How many people know the names of the Presidents that took out 2 of those Central Banks? Isnt it funny that those men had their portraits on the Federal Reserve Notes we pass off as Currency? If they know what you think, they know how to make you think something different. Without Privacy, your decisions may no longer your own.

Normally, I'd rant about the danger to your very life that the lack of privacy can pose to you, but thought I'd switch my standard ranting up a bit in favor of something different.

DamianTV
08-17-2012, 06:58 PM
I 'inactivated' my facebook account about 3 weeks ago, and while it was hard getting used to not using it, I have now reached the point where I don't miss it.

You can't actually delete it, I guess. None of my friends have called me on my phone to ask what happened to my facebook page. Supposedly no one is supposed to see your page when you "inactivate" your account.

In all honesty, I miss the days when facebook was restricted to college students, and I think it's gone down-hill ever since. I know it's a great tool for communication but . . . When it was just about college students scheduling frat parties and keg stands, it had a certain specific purpose. Now it's just a jumbled mess like Myspace.

EDIT: my mind wanders into nostalgia sometimes.

Helping people to communicate is good. Never had a problem with that. Helping people to have all of their communications monitored by a company who controls what they can say is the antithesis of free speech.

Anti Federalist
08-17-2012, 07:06 PM
Yet another reason why to ditch FarceBook:

Marine Corp. vet hauled off to (prison, BelleVue, rendition, nobody really knows???) for FedBook posts.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?386439-Marine-Corp-veteran-Brandon-Raub-arrested-last-night