PDA

View Full Version : Kentucy cops stop man for 'SUSPICION OF TERRORIST ACTIVITY' for "taking pictures"

DGambler
08-14-2012, 09:35 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_va1ioLMxFQ

Comments under are all over the place...

The "sweet beard" comment is pretty funny.

Can't tell if he intentionally tried to start the confrontation or not, but he seemed to know his rights in dealing with the police.

Weston White
08-14-2012, 10:00 AM
Why do people always say that, "I am a citizen of the United States", rather than "I am a citizen (or resident) of California (or whichever state)"? And why do police uniforms that include flag patches always us the United States flag over their own state flag? I would tend to think that is a misrepresentation on their part as being a federal employee, when in fact they are not.

oyarde
08-14-2012, 10:13 AM
I drive through Kentucky quite often , never realized it was such a hotbed of terrorists and targets ....

pcosmar
08-14-2012, 10:14 AM
Why do people always say that, "I am a citizen of the United States",

Because Constitutional protections apply to any and all citizens regardless of state where they may be standing at the moment.
And supersede any local ordinance that may be contrary to the Constitution of the United States.

Oh, and the Police Army has been federalized. (see; DHS/FEMA)

Zippyjuan
08-14-2012, 11:41 AM
It was even worse shortly after 9/11. Photography is my hobby and I was even told not to take pictures of a local landmark- there was a guard to keep an eye on things. No longer there (the guards, not the landmark).

youngbuck
08-14-2012, 03:41 PM
What if I suspect that a cop who is about to approach me has only malicious intent? Perhaps I suspect that he's either going to kidnap and falsely imprison me or maybe even kill me.

I suspect he's a POS. I suspect it's also wise for them to take their pseudo-detective suspicions and shove them up their asses.