PDA

View Full Version : My Facebook status on Paul Ryan

Brett85
08-13-2012, 07:31 PM
I posted a Facebook status on Paul Ryan that a lot of people seem to like, so I decided to post it here.

"I'm not trying to convince a single Republican not to vote for the Mitt Romney/Paul Ryan ticket. However, it just seems amazing to me that a guy who proposed a budget that doesn't balance until the year 2040 is now the "right wing radical" within the GOP. If a budget that takes 28 years to balance is a "radical right wing budget," then what exactly would a moderate budget be? A budget that balances by the year 2070? Would a liberal budget be a budget that balances in the year 2100? I suppose those of us who want a balanced budget within five years are now the anarchists within the Republican Party."

low preference guy
08-13-2012, 07:38 PM
my facebook status: gee, couldn't they pick for VP someone who at least voted against the bailout?

ghengis86
08-13-2012, 07:42 PM
Alright, these are good! Keep 'em coming people!

specsaregood
08-13-2012, 07:55 PM
my facebook status: gee, couldn't they pick for VP someone who at least voted against the bailout?

No, Brawndo corp wouldnt like that.

georgiaboy
08-13-2012, 08:37 PM
great stuff

TCE
08-13-2012, 08:55 PM

But the world would have ended without the bailout! Can't you see? If it weren't for the bailout, the country would be in such financial turmoil that MTV never would have shown the first five seasons of Jersey Shore.

In all seriousness, all of the Facebook statuses on this guy are hilarious. I have read everything from he wants to eliminate the entire federal government to he is the most conservative politician in the nation.

sync
08-13-2012, 09:58 PM
To the OP, "Traditional Conservative", would you mind if I posted that as my status as well?

sync
08-13-2012, 10:05 PM
I'll take the lack of silence as an O.K....:D

QuickZ06
08-13-2012, 10:06 PM

You are correct.

http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/9929/prescamacho.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/809/prescamacho.jpg/)

Bruno
08-13-2012, 10:06 PM
My response to someone asking basically why I wouldn't support Romney/Ryan over Obama/Biden:

Romney is not a conservative, nor a friend of liberty, and neither is Ryan. I see most of the members of both parties as from the same cloth, with few differences. Same support for the same wars, same increases in spending with only few differences in their goals and what form of big government they believe in, and the same attacks on our freedoms.
I have supported both sides over the years for various reasons only to be grossly disappointed. To vote a party line to support a difference in minutia is something I will no longer do.

amonasro
08-13-2012, 10:11 PM

I'm ready. Bring on the Brawndo. Bring on President Camacho and reruns of Ow! My Ass. At least we will be the smartest people around.

nobody's_hero
08-14-2012, 07:01 AM
That's a pretty good point, OP.

It sucks that every time a lame neoconservative runs for office, the dialogue from the left is that "oh they're so radical!!!". It shifts the standards of what is 'moderate' more in favor of those who support big government, so that when someone who is a libertarian, or even paleoconservative, runs, they don't even stand a chance. Many leaders within the democratic party have managed to convince democratic voters that libertarians are republicans on steroids, although, I also see republican leaders telling their supporters that libertarians smoke weed all the time and they're just liberals.

We need to seriously change the dialogue. Perception has been molded against us. But TPTB can only get away with telling lies that contradict reality for so long.

July
08-14-2012, 07:36 AM
Ryan is being introduced on the national stage as the ideological leader of the party. Rubio is the young rising star who will get to introduce Romney at the convention, and Christie gets keynote speaking spot. I'm not going to comment one way or the other about pros/cons of voting for Romney/Ryan. But the GOP seems to be making a clear statement here about their image and ideological branding going forward, and who the key players will be. This is what we have to work with.

Brett85
08-14-2012, 07:49 AM
To the OP, "Traditional Conservative", would you mind if I posted that as my status as well?

Sure, go ahead.

jbauer
08-14-2012, 07:56 AM
Had the EXACT same conversation yesterday. Got yelled at by an anti-obama person and had someone rolling on the floor who thought I was halarious for suggesting that I'm not an anarchist.

I posted a Facebook status on Paul Ryan that a lot of people seem to like, so I decided to post it here.

"I'm not trying to convince a single Republican not to vote for the Mitt Romney/Paul Ryan ticket. However, it just seems amazing to me that a guy who proposed a budget that doesn't balance until the year 2040 is now the "right wing radical" within the GOP. If a budget that takes 28 years to balance is a "radical right wing budget," then what exactly would a moderate budget be? A budget that balances by the year 2070? Would a liberal budget be a budget that balances in the year 2100? I suppose those of us who want a balanced budget within five years are now the anarchists within the Republican Party."

Brett85
08-14-2012, 09:56 AM
Had the EXACT same conversation yesterday. Got yelled at by an anti-obama person and had someone rolling on the floor who thought I was halarious for suggesting that I'm not an anarchist.

That's why I included the line "I'm not trying to convince a single Republican not to vote for the Mitt Romney/Paul Ryan ticket." I had put an anti-Ryan article up on Facebook the other day and was basically accused of "working for Obama."