PDA

View Full Version : Cop has affair with 17-year-old [weird story...]

Nirvikalpa
08-13-2012, 04:24 PM
Weirdest story I've read in a while... there's so much to comment on and go "wtf?" over:

A 17-year-old girl who had a sexual relationship with a California police officer, killed as he resisted arrest over the affair, is suing his police force.

The teenager, known as Jane Doe in her lawsuit, claims officers within the Santa Maria Police Department knew the pair were dating but did nothing to stop it.

Her relationship with Albert Covarrubias Jr began while she was enrolled in a police 'Explorers' programme, for young people considering joining the force, the suit claims.

But the girl was under the age of consent, which is 18 in California unless the two people are within three years of each other in age.

The suit goes on to claim that the programme is known to be 'plagued with inappropriate sexual misconduct'.

Ms Doe seeks unspecified damages from the city as well as from Covarrubias' estate and widow, Gloria, to whom he had been married just three weeks.

The newly weds had fallen in love and 'just clicked' Covarrubias' father, Alberto Covarrubias Sr, said, 13 months after his first wife committed suicide during their divorce proceedings.

In the lawsuit Ms Doe describes the former officer as a predator who told her 'he would kill her boyfriend and her family' if she didn't sleep with him.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2187835/Albert-Covarrubias-17-year-old-girl-sues-police-force-explicit-affair-officer-shot.html

pcosmar
08-13-2012, 04:32 PM
Weirdest story I've read in a while...

And just what is it that strikes you as odd?

Nirvikalpa
08-13-2012, 04:40 PM
He was married three weeks ago, 13 months after his first wife committed suicide, he was shot and killed by his best man... it's full of oddities.

I couldn't script it if I tried.

youngbuck
08-13-2012, 04:46 PM
So is she filing suit because of Stockholm Syndrome? Or am I reading that wrong...?

RickyJ
08-13-2012, 04:52 PM
He was married three weeks ago, 13 months after his first wife committed suicide, he was shot and killed by his best man... it's full of oddities.

Something tells me she is not so innocent in this whole mess and that she isn't telling the truth now.

RickyJ
08-13-2012, 04:53 PM
So is she filing suit because of Stockholm Syndrome? Or am I reading that wrong...?

I think you read it wrong. She is filing the suit not because the guy got killed, but because the police department knew about it and did nothing to stop it.

youngbuck
08-13-2012, 04:56 PM
I think you read it wrong. She is filing the suit not because the guy got killed, but because the police department knew about it and did nothing to stop it.

Oh, ok, that makes much more sense. I was like wtf?

ronpaulfollower999
08-13-2012, 04:58 PM

Probably wants money. Age of consent laws are stupid. People mature differently, and if its consensual how is it rape? Some states it's 16, others it's 18. I guess a person in California matures slower than a person in Alabama.

ronpaulfollower999
08-13-2012, 05:02 PM
Of course now I read the story and she accuses him of threatening to kill her family if she didn't sleep with him. That would be rape, among other things.

pcosmar
08-13-2012, 05:10 PM
I read the story to my wife..

She said she stopped at "California".. (She is from Oregon, and lived in Cali for some years)

FindLiberty
08-13-2012, 11:09 PM
I live several thousand feet North of Bolingbrook, IL. So, I find nothing unusual in this story...

Bruno
08-13-2012, 11:20 PM
"Cop (fill-in-the-blank)" = no longer surprised

youngbuck
08-13-2012, 11:32 PM
"Cop (fill-in-the-blank)" = no longer surprised

Seriously - that pretty much sums up my feeling too.

PaulConventionWV
08-14-2012, 03:40 AM
Weirdest story I've read in a while... there's so much to comment on and go "wtf?" over:

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2187835/Albert-Covarrubias-17-year-old-girl-sues-police-force-explicit-affair-officer-shot.html

She's suing them for killing someone who threatened her family so she would sleep with him? The suicidal wife is a definite WTF. This guy was a weirdo. I want to know more about how he died.

PaulConventionWV
08-14-2012, 03:42 AM

Oh, that makes more sense.

Revolution9
08-14-2012, 07:24 AM

See your sig file. :)

Rev9

Weston White
08-14-2012, 07:50 AM
Oh yea, just as I had called it before: "Self-Enforced Incident Escalation" (SEIE).

See at: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?381514-CA-Father-calls-911-after-argument-with-grown-son.-Cops-show-up-and-beat-son-to-death.&p=4507892&viewfull=1#post4507892

The residents of that city should all get together and file a class action against the city, its police force, and all of the police involved. Their actions had unnecessarily placed the public in grave danger that night. There were just so many better alternatives to handle that entire situation and what took place that night was definitely not one of them, at all. Clearly, that entire department is now working in all out CYA mode.

kathy88
08-14-2012, 08:11 AM
Oh yea, just as I had called it before: "Self-Enforced Incident Escalation" (SEIE).

See at: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?381514-CA-Father-calls-911-after-argument-with-grown-son.-Cops-show-up-and-beat-son-to-death.&p=4507892&viewfull=1#post4507892

The residents of that city should all get together and file a class action against the city, its police force, and all of the police involved. Their actions had unnecessarily placed the public in grave danger that night. There were just so many better alternatives to handle that entire situation and what took place that night was definitely not one of them, at all. Clearly, that entire department is now working in all out CYA mode.

QFT. At a CHECKPOINT? So many more people could have been hurt.

pcosmar
08-14-2012, 08:18 AM
It is the expected result of having authoritarian enforcers loose on the population.

http://www.constitution.org/lrev/roots/cops.htm

Nirvikalpa
08-14-2012, 09:46 AM
See your sig file. :)

Rev9

Thanks for reminding me to look, I forgot it in between the other 2 or 3 posts you made in response to me telling me the same thing.

And since you seem to need to be told when there's sarcasm in a post... that's sarcasm.

For someone who seems to have an outstanding dislike of me (and other certain members here who you have done nothing but ad-hom attack), you sure can't pull yourself away from a feminist man-hater like myself. Interesting, to say the least.

:)

oyarde
08-14-2012, 10:51 AM
I think Pete's Wife has it right ....