PDA

View Full Version : Who wants to advertise the teaparty on prisonplanet?

Sematary
11-18-2007, 10:07 AM
The rates are quite high and I would need alot more money than I have now but I'm pretty sure we could do it - millions of people would see the banner every month. I did contact them though about possibly getting a discount. :D

If not, I think $2000 for a month on their site is reasonable. Anyone else want to chime in?
I currently have just under $300 in my paypal for this banner advertising stuff and this would seem to be a great way to go.

If you think so as well, please contribute. My paypal is interleave1@earthlink.net

Bob

Here is the link to their advertising page:
http://www.prisonplanet.com/advertise.html

Bradley in DC
11-18-2007, 10:09 AM
<closing my eyes, covering my ears, "LALALALALALALA!">

Ron LOL
11-18-2007, 10:10 AM
Hey, I have a great idea. Let's not have anything to do with Alex Jones. I was suspicious of the site based on the url. Wiki told me all I need to know.

If you're going to blow $2k, advertise in your local newspaper instead.

AdamT
11-18-2007, 10:11 AM
Alex Jones has been promoting the Tea Party on his show. I can't imagine they would charge to put a banner on PP. Seems they would do it for free.

Sematary
11-18-2007, 10:13 AM
Alex Jones has been promoting the Tea Party on his show. I can't imagine they would charge to put a banner on PP. Seems they would do it for free.

I'm hoping.

Bradley in DC
11-18-2007, 10:13 AM

If that's true and he's already promoting it, then yes, the marginal effect would be greater spending the money somewhere else. If they'll do it for free...

Sematary
11-18-2007, 10:14 AM
Hey, I have a great idea. Let's not have anything to do with Alex Jones. I was suspicious of the site based on the url. Wiki told me all I need to know.

So it is your contention that we should ignore potential sources of income for the December 16 money bomb based on your personal biases?

Sematary
11-18-2007, 10:14 AM
If that's true and he's already promoting it, then yes, the marginal effect would be greater spending the money somewhere else. If they'll do it for free...

I'll wait for a reply from them. In the meantime, still working on other sites. :)

Ron LOL
11-18-2007, 10:15 AM
So it is your contention that we should ignore potential sources of income for the December 16 money bomb based on your personal biases?
Basically, yes.

krott5333
11-18-2007, 10:16 AM
why the heck would you pay for that! Send him an email with a banner and tell him to put it up, I'm sure he'll do it for free.

Otherwise, he doesnt practice what he preaches.

MEGAMERICAN

You should know better than to believe everything on wikipedia. His wikipedia pages are so biased it is unbelievable.

Anyway, I think it is pointless to advertise there. Alex promotes Ron Paul and the teaparty all the time on his show. The forums are full of Ron aul supporters and even has a few specific forums for Ron Paul himself. Any advertising there would just be preaching to the choir. Your money would be better spent other places.

Ozwest
Alex Jones was responsible for hundreds of thousands of dollars of donations on November 5. Placing an ad on his site would pay for itself a thousand-fold.

LibertyEagle
11-18-2007, 10:17 AM

Alex is already promoting it.

It's just my opinion, but I'd rather spend my own money on something else, like the ad that Bryan just recommended.
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=38601

Ozwest
11-18-2007, 10:18 AM
Basically, yes.

You are being foolish.

Adamsa
11-18-2007, 10:19 AM
Why spend money on someone who is already supporting and advertising it? Regardless of if he does a lot of damage politically to Ron.

Stealth4
11-18-2007, 10:20 AM

It's just my opinion, but I'd rather spend my own money on something else, like the ad that Bryan just recommended.

that ad is amazing.

Sematary
11-18-2007, 10:20 AM
Basically, yes.

How does that help us to get Ron Paul elected?

Sematary
11-18-2007, 10:21 AM
Why spend money on someone who is already supporting and advertising it? Regardless of if he does a lot of damage politically to Ron.

No he doesn't.

Sematary
11-18-2007, 10:22 AM

promoting it on your show AND having a ready link on your website could turn into big numbers. I can't see why anyone would think that is a bad idea. I've never, not once, heard someone say to me they are not voting for Ron Paul because of Alex Jones. Not once.

Sematary
11-18-2007, 10:23 AM
You should know better than to believe everything on wikipedia. His wikipedia pages are so biased it is unbelievable.

Anyway, I think it is pointless to advertise there. Alex promotes Ron Paul and the teaparty all the time on his show. The forums are full of Ron aul supporters and even has a few specific forums for Ron Paul himself. Any advertising there would just be preaching to the choir. Your money would be better spent other places.

Again, and I've said this many times - the idea is NOT to get new voters, but new donors. There are tens of thousands or even hundreds of thousands of supporters out there but only 37,000 or so donated last time. We need 100,000 plus and this is how to do it.

jake
11-18-2007, 10:25 AM
agreeing with the "Free or no deal" sentiment

max
11-18-2007, 10:26 AM
Basically, yes.

You're pretty god damn intolerant for a "libertarian"....

Stop living in fear of the media.

People like you will be the first ones to cut and run when the attacks on RP intensify

ConstitutionGal
11-18-2007, 10:28 AM
Send Alex a banner. I bet he'll put it on the site for nothing. Thing is, a LOT of folks visit his website that don't listen to his radio show or visit his forums. The potential is there to garner a great deal of new donars for the 16th money blitz.

Sematary
11-18-2007, 10:29 AM
Send Alex a banner. I bet he'll put it on the site for nothing. Thing is, a LOT of folks visit his website that don't listen to his radio show or visit his forums. The potential is there to garner a great deal of new donars for the 16th money blitz.

exactly

Jerome
11-18-2007, 11:06 AM
Anyone that wants to do this, go for it. I personally think that anyone checking prison planet is probably going to be familiar with RP or will be if they visit that site several times regardless if we have a banner or not.

My personal view is that we should focus on people that have not been enlightened and even know who RP is.

ConstitutionGal
11-18-2007, 11:14 AM
We might want to look at some of the homeschooling forums. For the most part, these folks are pretty politically savvy and want the government, espeically the fedgov out of their lives.

Flash
11-18-2007, 11:20 AM
Alex Jones will do it for free.

Sematary
11-18-2007, 11:59 AM
Anyone that wants to do this, go for it. I personally think that anyone checking prison planet is probably going to be familiar with RP or will be if they visit that site several times regardless if we have a banner or not.

My personal view is that we should focus on people that have not been enlightened and even know who RP is.

Let me say this again - these ads are NOT intended for the purpose of gaining new supporters. They are intended for the purpose of getting supporters to donate.

szczebrzeszyn
11-18-2007, 12:12 PM
Alex promoted Ron Paul well before he even officially joined the race. Every significant event involving Ron Paul has an article on his site (including various stories about teaparty). I'm sure his readers are well informed about all these issues...

Sematary
11-18-2007, 12:16 PM
Alex promoted Ron Paul well before he even officially joined the race. Every significant event involving Ron Paul has an article on his site (including various stories about teaparty). I'm sure his readers are well informed about all these issues...

Are you not reading the thread? That's NOT the point. The POINT (again), is to get his supporters to donate.
Remember - new donations does NOT = new supporters
There may have been 20,000 NEW DONORS on the 5th but that doesn't mean they were new supporters. We are trying to get NEW DONORS. If we get new supporters as well, that is just a bonus.

Shink
11-18-2007, 12:22 PM
I'll wait for a reply from them. In the meantime, still working on other sites. :)

Infowars has higher traffic--it's in the top 20 or so of all political sites. It's the main AJ site. Ignore the complainers.