PDA

View Full Version : Drug caravan to visit more than 20 US cities

pcosmar
08-12-2012, 10:29 PM
Drug caravan to visit more than 20 US cities

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/08/12/2949152/drug-caravan-to-visit-more-than.html

"What we are trying to do is raise the level of conversation around this topic," said Ted Lewis, one of the caravan's organizers. "We're trying to have a bi-national conversation and impact."

Throughout the trip, which will end Sept. 12 in Washington, D.C., the caravan will be joined by police officers and other law enforcement officials who say the drug war has been a failure, as well as parents and family members who have lost loved ones either to drugs or drug-related violence.

pcosmar
08-12-2012, 10:45 PM
This could really be the Defining issue for this election. The only noticeable difference between the parties.

The Democrats can make promises they won't keep.
and the Republicans can promise more spending in a war they can't win.

pcosmar
08-13-2012, 10:04 PM
This is the defining issue.
Lookie here.
Romney's Latest Campaign Stop Hosted by Convicted Cocaine Smuggler
http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2012/08/romney-event-hosted-by-drug-dealer.html

"Here in Miami there are a lot people with money who have had problems with the law," Bermudez told the Miami New Times. "Thankfully, we all have the opportunity in this country to re-enter society when we've done something wrong." Though, he shouldn't expect to fully re-enter society under a Romney administration. Romney said during a debate earlier this year that he doesn't support reinstating voting rights for convicted criminals.

He'll take their money though,,

Nirvikalpa
08-14-2012, 12:56 AM
Here's the schedule, if anyone is interested:

San Diego, CA – Sunday, Aug 12

Los Angeles, CA - Monday – Tuesday, Aug 13 - Aug 14

Phoenix, AZ – Wednesday, Aug 15

Tucson, AZ – Thursday, Aug 16

Las Cruces, NM – Friday, Aug 17

Albuquerque/Santa Fe, NM – Saturday, Aug 18

Santa Fe, NM – Sunday, Aug 19

Rest Day, Santa Fe, NM – Monday, Aug 20

El Paso, TX – Tuesday, Aug 21

Laredo, TX – Wednesday, Aug 22

Harlingen/Brownsville, TX – Thursday, Aug 23

McAllen/San Antonio, TX – Friday, Aug 24

Austin, TX – Saturday, Aug 25

Houston, TX – Sunday, Aug 26

New Orleans, LA – Monday, Aug 27

Jackson, MS Rest Day – Tuesday, Aug 28

Montgomery, AL – Wednesday, Aug 29

Atlanta/Ft Benning, GA – Thursday - Friday, Aug 30 - 31

Louisville, KY – Saturday, Sept 1

Travel Night to Chicago, IL & Rest Day – Sunday, Sept 2

Chicago, IL – Monday - Tuesday, Sep 3-4

Cleveland, OH – Wednesday, Sept 5

New York, NY – Thursday - Friday, Sept 6-7

Baltimore, MD – Saturday - Sunday, Sept 8-9

Washington, D.C. – Monday - Wednesday, Sept 10-12

I will be joining them in NYC for sure.

Here's a link to their website: http://www.caravanforpeace.org/caravan/

GunnyFreedom
08-14-2012, 01:06 AM
Here's the schedule, if anyone is interested:

I will be joining them in NYC for sure.

Here's a link to their website: http://www.caravanforpeace.org/caravan/

I see, AL and GA but no SC NC TN or VA. Guess they don't like this section of the country. NC and VA being particularly well populated as compared to most of their stops. Oh well. :(

devil21
08-14-2012, 01:12 AM
This is the defining issue.
Lookie here.
Romney's Latest Campaign Stop Hosted by Convicted Cocaine Smuggler
http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2012/08/romney-event-hosted-by-drug-dealer.html

He'll take their money though,,

He's getting way more votes from that guy's cash than he'd ever get from that guy alone. That guy now has more influence than he'd ever have in the voting booth. Both are winning. Laws are for poor people.

tod evans
08-14-2012, 01:15 AM
I see, AL and GA but no SC NC TN or VA. Guess they don't like this section of the country. NC and VA being particularly well populated as compared to most of their stops. Oh well. :(

Look at their site.....

Seems as though their focus is on how the "drug-war" is effecting Mexico.

Not that the message isn't relevant.....Just from that perspective it's a hard sell in the bible belt.

youngbuck
08-14-2012, 02:48 AM
I see, AL and GA but no SC NC TN or VA. Guess they don't like this section of the country. NC and VA being particularly well populated as compared to most of their stops. Oh well. :( Thought the same when I didn't see CO included. :confused: I assume they had their limitations in fuel usage.

MRK
08-15-2012, 02:23 PM
Sounds like the media hasn't dug up the rest of this story on the owner of this restaurant. Apparently Mr. Bermudez is not just an ex-con, but a continual practicing one:

THIS STORY FALLS WAY TOO SHORT FROM WHAT IS WITHIN MIAMI’S PALACIO DE LOS JUGOS ENTHRALLED, PUTRID WEB OF CRIMINAL TIES; INVOLVING BRAINLESS REY BERMUDEZ, SHROUD MR. VAL, ABSENT MINDED JORGE DE LA LLAMA, AND MISLED, MISGUIDED, OR VICTIM, ENSNARED REPUBLICAN PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE ROMMEY. WHEREFORE A FAR SINISTER, MORE PROFOUND INNER CONSPIRACY HAS UNFOLDED; OPENING A CAN OF COUNTLESS WORMS COVERED BY A VERY THIN, SEE THROUGH PIECE OF STAINED WHITE CLOTH. NONETHELESS, IF YOU CANNOT SEE THE WHOLE PICTURE UNFOLD BEFORE YOUR VERY EYES, IT’S BECAUSE YOU EITHER NEED GLASSES, ARE FATUOUSLY RETARDED, OR ARE SIMPLY TOO SCARED TO OPEN YOUR EYES AND REVEAL WHAT YOU SEE. AND TRUST ME, I DO NOT BLAME YOU. THUS, IF YOU DARE TO CONTINUE, YOU ARE TRAMPLING UPON VERY DANGEROUS GROUNDS. REMEMBER: NOTHING HAPPENS BY COINCIDENCE… NOTHING! MISTAKES THAT CAN EASILY BE AVOIDED ARE NOT AFFORDABLE WITHIN THE POLITICAL PRESIDENTIAL RACE. THUS THERE IS NO POSSIBLE WAY MR. ROMMEY’S TEAM COULD NOT HAVE KNOWN THAT MR. BERMUDEZ WAS AN EX-DRUG CONVICTED FELON, WHOM BECAME A D.E.A. INFORMANT, SNITCHING AND ENTRAPPING HALF OF MIAMI SO HE COULD SAVE HIMSELF FROM DOING TIME. WHEREFORE SOME HIGH UP WITHIN ROMMEY’S TEAM IS A MOLE, DETERMINED TO DESTROY ROMMEY’S CAMPAIGN. FURTHERMORE, HAD ROMMEY’S TEAM DONE THEIR JOB RIGHT, THEY WOULD HAVE FOUND SHOCKING REVELATIONS ABOUT MR. BERMUDEZ’S IMMIGRENT EXPLOITATION, CRUELY EFORCING SLAVE LABOR, DECADES OF TAX EVASION, AND COUNTLESS OTHER CRIMINAL BEHAVIORS, ANT- SANITATION VIOLATIONS, UNLICENSED FUNCTIONS AND OPERATIONS. AND THERE IS NO POSSIBLE WAY THE SHROUD MR. VAL WAS GOING TO GIVE UP A 37 YEAR OLD HISTORICAL TRADITION, OUT OF THE KINDNESS OF HIS GENEROUS HEART, BY RELENTING SAID POLITICAL AND LUCRATIVE HONOR TO EL PALACIO DE LOS JUGOS, IF THERE WAS NOTHING FISHY BEHIND THE POLITICAL CURTAIN. WHEREAS RUMORS THAT MR. VAL AND MR. BERMUDEZ OVER UNPAID MONEY OWED TO MR. VAL HAS RAPIDLY SPREAD WITHIN THE PAST TWO YEARS. SO KNOWING THIS, ISN’T IT BETTER TO SAY THAT MR. VAL’S ATTEMPT TO KILL TWO BIRDS WITH THE SAME STONE IS QUITE ACCURATE? IN FACT, WHAT ARE VAL’S POLITICAL INTERESTS? FROM WHICH CANDIDATE DOES HE BETTER BENEFITS FROM? AND HERE IS A REAL CHARATER, MR. PUPPET HIMSELF JORGE DE LA LLAMA! JORGE DE LA LLAMA, EAGER TO MAKE HEAD-LINES, COULD NOT WAIT TO IGNORANTLY MAKE A CIRCUS OUT OF MIAMI’S LAW-ABIDING CITTIZENS AND ROMMEY HIMSELF. THUS, USING THE PALACIO DE LOS JUGOS, AN ACTIVE CRIMINAL, TAX EVADIND, ILLEGAL, UNLICENCENSE FRACHISE, FRAUDULENT, UNSANITISED ENTERPRISE TARNISHED THE IMAGE OF OUR PRECIOUS CITY, THE INTEGRITY OF HONEST CUBANS AND HARD-WORKING HISPANIS, AND TURNED OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM INTO A MOCKERY BY ALLOWING A LOW-LIFE DIRTY, DISHONORABLE SNITCH LIKE REY BERMUDEZ TO GET EXPOSURE. THERE IS TOO MUCH EVIDENCE AGAINST THIS PALACIO ENTERPRISE FOR MR. ROMMEY’S TEAM NOT TO HAVE KNOWN. AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST OF THIS PUTRID LIST, MR. BRAINLESS BERMUDEZ FELL PROMPTLY IN HIS SNARE OUT OF SHEAR SELFISH GREED, THINKING THAT IF AND WHEN ROMMEY IS ELECTED PRESIDENT HE WOULD RECEIVE A FULL PRESIDENTIAL PARDON FOR HIS PAST AND PRESENT CRIMES. BUT NOW THE QUESTION IS: FROM WHICH OF THE CRIMES DOES MR. BERMUDEZ DESIRES A PARDON? FROM THE CRIMES OF PUTTING COUNTLESS OF GUILTY AND INNOCENT PEOPLE ALIKE BEHIND BARS, OR FROM HIS UNPUNISHED PAST AND DAILY COMMITTED CRIMES HE WAS NEVER AND WILL NEVER BE SENTENCED FOR? TRUST ME, THIS STORY CAN GET REAL DIRTY. ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS DIG, BUT THE HOLE ISN’T TOO DEEP. ALL YES, IT IS QUITE SPICY, AND IT EVEN INVOLVES PROSTITUTION, DRUGS, AND ORGIES.

http://govtslaves.info/mitt-romney-holds-rally-at-convicted-cocaine-smugglers-restaurant/

tangent4ronpaul
08-15-2012, 03:07 PM
WHOO HOOO! - Sounds like a smoke-in!

But do I need a medical marijuana card to attend? :D

-t

aGameOfThrones
08-15-2012, 03:14 PM
Drugs are bad(if they are not government approve)!!!

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lz9leaibWt1rn95k2o1_400.gif

pcosmar
08-15-2012, 03:21 PM
Sounds like the media hasn't dug up the rest of this story on the owner of this restaurant. Apparently Mr. Bermudez is not just an ex-con, but a continual practicing one:

You don't really know much about Miami do you?

Pretty much anyone that is anyone is involved.
That old saying about "Swampland in Florida",,, that's Miami.

MRK
08-15-2012, 05:52 PM
You don't really know much about Miami do you?

Pretty much anyone that is anyone is involved.
That old saying about "Swampland in Florida",,, that's Miami.

lol yep

i know a thing or two about miami

pcosmar
08-15-2012, 06:49 PM
I still think this should be pushed as the defining issue.

It is the only real difference between "R" and "D".

The Democrats can make promises they won't keep.
and the Republicans can promise more spending in a war they can't win.

jct74
08-18-2012, 12:24 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RApU5QDoVPQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RApU5QDoVPQ