PDA

View Full Version : Complaints flood CNN - Prisonplanet

Sematary
11-18-2007, 09:23 AM
http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/november2007/161107_beck_smears.htm

Complaints and demands for a retraction and an apology are flooding CNN today after Neo-Con host Glenn Beck and ex-Marxist David Horowitz smeared Ron Paul supporters, libertarians and the anti-war left as terrorist sympathizers and inferred that the U.S. military should be used to silence them, parroting a talking point that traces back to a September 2006 White House directive.

This is part of an ongoing propaganda assault which has also been mimicked by other anti-American Neo-Con talking heads like Bill O'Reilly and Rush Limbaugh.

Beck opened up his show segment by inferring that the U.S. military should be used to silence domestic dissent against the war, claiming that those he would later identify as Ron Paul supporters, libertarians and the anti-war left and link with terrorists, were a "physical threat."

My daughters boycott letter to CNN

The comments that Glenn Beck are positively absurd. To think that we should use our military to silence people that are of a different opinion than his is ridiculous. I'm a Ron Paul supporter and a member of our military. By his thinking I am a terrorist. This is ridiculous. I watch CNN everyday. I watch American Morning and other assorted shows during the course of the day. I'm boycotting your station. This is ridiculous.

I also sent one (using the link provided by prisonplanet).

I am no longer going to watch CNN until they relent and fire Glenn Beck and I am going to boycott all of his advertisers (as I already let them know I would).

Adamsa
11-18-2007, 09:29 AM
I don't think Glen himself was that bad, he mainly was talking about the sheer discontent with politics as usual and how he thinks it has led to Ron Paul's popularity and fundraising. Horowitz however, yeah, he needs to be addressed.

Sematary
11-18-2007, 09:30 AM
I don't think Glen himself was that bad, he mainly was talking about the sheer discontent with politics as usual and how he thinks it has led to Ron Paul's popularity and fundraising. Horowitz however, yeah, he needs to be addressed.

He WAS that bad.

kimosabi
11-18-2007, 09:33 AM
I'm Freedomerrorist...

Adamsa
11-18-2007, 09:33 AM
He WAS that bad.

Maybe it was just me then, I tend to be pretty easy going. Good to see they'll be called out on this crap eventually.

constitutional
11-18-2007, 09:43 AM
I hate prisonplanet.

I wish they would not put conspiracy theory spin on stories like these. A single fema employee calls the founding fathers terrorists.... BIG DEAL! GET OVER IT! THERE ARE BETTER THINGS TO DO IN YOUR LIFE.

Wyurm
11-18-2007, 09:43 AM
Beck actually committed serious over-kill though. After re-watching it, I noticed he also indicated that the Catholic Church backed Fawkes (untrue), compared Catholics to white supremisits (said that Fawkes was like McVeigh), implied strongly that peace activists are terrorists (thats just ridiculous and a contradicion), and of course that we are terrorists. Appearantly he felt that he was growing too popular and wanted to completely alienate his audience.

Oh, and he said the founding fathers were terrorists.

Johnnybags
11-18-2007, 09:53 AM
in a democracy if 30 percent do not want change and want the military to suppress the majority, "who are the terrorists"?

tonyr1988
11-18-2007, 09:54 AM
I also thought Glenn wasn't that terrible. He definitely said a few words that I wouldn't have chosen, but his main focus was that, as long as we don't take it to the violent extremes, what we're doing is good because it shows our discontent with all the frontrunners and the same old crap.

Horowitz sucks, though.

Just Come Home
11-18-2007, 09:55 AM
It's ridiculous that people are willing to let Glenn off the hook for calling Ron Paul supporters terrorists, even through inference.

Clearly either people who don't understand the stakes of the game, or are plants from the Beck camp trying to shape opinion here.

Benaiah
11-18-2007, 10:37 AM
It's ridiculous that people are willing to let Glenn off the hook for calling Ron Paul supporters terrorists, even through inference.

Clearly either people who don't understand the stakes of the game, or are plants from the Beck camp trying to shape opinion here.

QFT

jake
11-18-2007, 10:42 AM
...Clearly either people who don't understand the stakes of the game, or are plants from the Beck camp trying to shape opinion here.

agreed. how can anyone take this so lightly? the man called Ron Paul supporters terrorists think about what that word means

max
11-18-2007, 10:44 AM
we should file a class action lawsuit against him and FOX...

this is serious defemation and causes mental stress....

now we have to worry about beibng put in Guantanamo....i'll settle for a million bucks

American
11-18-2007, 10:45 AM
What I find extremely weird is that Beck introduced Horrorwitz as a Marxist, and Horrorwitz goes on to say his parents were part of a vast communist party line if europe and then they both go on to say how Ron Paul hates America. Now if thats not the weirdest thing I dont know what is, even more so that no one seems to have picked up on it.

A self problaimed Marxist calling Ron Paul anti American, and his supporters are anti-America. I wish someone would blog that point to death.

DealzOnWheelz
11-18-2007, 10:50 AM
I say we walk into CNN and goto his show with a "sneaker Bomb"........

Not a bomb in a sneaker but a BOMB of SNEAKERSSSS

hundreds of them flying at his Head

LibertyEagle
11-18-2007, 10:54 AM
I hate prisonplanet.

I wish they would not put conspiracy theory spin on stories like these. A single fema employee calls the founding fathers terrorists.... BIG DEAL! GET OVER IT! THERE ARE BETTER THINGS TO DO IN YOUR LIFE.

Well now, I disagree with you here. At the very least, the FEMA employee should be fired. If this was really a FEMA employee conducting a training session, it is abhorrent that he would call our Founders, terrorists. The reason our country is in the shape it is today is because we let these types of things go by.

Wyurm
11-18-2007, 11:05 AM
agreed. how can anyone take this so lightly? the man called Ron Paul supporters terrorists think about what that word means

It means the same today as being called a witch in the middle ages. Only now waterboarding has replaced the iron maiden.

VRP08
11-18-2007, 11:08 AM
Glenn Beck is really insignifant in my eyes!

Elementslayer
11-18-2007, 11:09 AM
I hate prisonplanet.

IM SICK OF PEOPLE SAYING ALEX IS A CONSPIROSY ADVOCATE WHEN 90% OF THE THINGS ON HIS SITE AND THINGS HE TALKS ABOUT ARE ALL 100% NEWS ARTICLES AND PROVEN TRUE THREW GOV DOCUMENTS AND TESTAMONIES.

FSP-Rebel
11-18-2007, 11:15 AM
IM SICK OF PEOPLE SAYING ALEX IS A CONSPIROSY ADVOCATE WHEN 90% OF THE THINGS ON HIS SITE AND THINGS HE TALKS ABOUT ARE ALL 100% NEWS ARTICLES AND PROVEN TRUE THREW GOV DOCUMENTS AND TESTAMONIES.
I was thinking the same thing. People have such a hard-on for this guy. I agree that some of his audience people are strange and not very articulate about their facts, but ya can't say that about AJ. I say whoever our Prince anti-Jones figure is here should make a list of all this untrue conspiracy stuff and call in and show him what's up. Good Luck...:rolleyes:

Elementslayer
11-18-2007, 11:23 AM
i personaly cant wait to hear ( if ever ) cnn or glen becks comments on all these emails.

James R
11-18-2007, 11:46 AM
He WAS that bad.

There were several far worse things that were published about Ron Paul. Surely the Time article by Joel Stein was worse than the Glenn Beck article? I think the thing is, the large helping of smears was loaded at the end, where most people have stopped reading. However, most frequent readers know the good stuff is in the last couple paragraphs. When they get bored of the article they'll skip to about the 95% mark and finish up their read in that section, where there is nearly 100% always a summary of the main idea.

michaelwise
11-18-2007, 11:52 AM
Glen Beck believes that the US Constitution is a contract that promotes domestic terrorism. I Think if he doesn't like it, he should move to another country.

Birdlady
11-18-2007, 12:02 PM
I hate prisonplanet.

I really wonder about you. I have seen other bizarre posts from you such as this one in other threads.

We could all be considered enemy combatants and be carted off somewhere to be tortured. Having the words terrorist and islamofascists associated with Ron Paul, libertarians, and their supporters is a horrible horrible thing. Basically they could blame YOU and ME for the next terrorist attack. Do you not see this or understand this!?

Leslie Webb
11-18-2007, 12:05 PM
Jack Cafferty of CNN has recently given us good and fair coverage. Our beef should be with Beck, not with the network. Rather than start a war with Beck, why not see if we can get someone on his show for an hour-long interview to discuss Ron Paul and the terrorist charges against his supporters?

The Ron Paul campaign did cancel a scheduled appearance by Ron Paul on Beck's show in October, choosing instead to go on Wolf Blitzer's program. The campaign canceled at the last minute. Beck had libertarian Penn Jillette on his show for an hour interview, and he was quite sympathetic to Jillette's ideas. Some of Beck's ranting may be due to having been stood up. Ron Paul can soothe even Sean Hannity ( he did after the last Fox debate; O'Reilly, however, is beyond the pale), I don't see why Ron or someone from the campaign couldn't sit down with Beck and get our points across, especially on foreign policy. I haven't seen Beck that much, but I don't think he attacks his guests face to face.

Sematary
11-18-2007, 12:07 PM
we should file a class action lawsuit against him and FOX...

this is serious defemation and causes mental stress....

now we have to worry about beibng put in Guantanamo....i'll settle for a million bucks

CNN, not fox.

Sematary
11-18-2007, 12:10 PM
Jack Cafferty of CNN has recently given us good and fair coverage. Our beef should be with Beck, not with the network. Rather than start a war with Beck, why not see if we can get someone on his show for an hour-long interview to discuss Ron Paul and the terrorist charges against his supporters?

The Ron Paul campaign did cancel a scheduled appearance by Ron Paul on Beck's show in October, choosing instead to go on Wolf Blitzer's program. The campaign canceled at the last minute. Beck had libertarian Penn Jillette on his show for an hour interview, and he was quite sympathetic to Jillette's ideas. Some of Beck's ranting may be due to having been stood up. Ron Paul can soothe even Sean Hannity ( he did after the last Fox debate; O'Reilly, however, is beyond the pale), I don't see why Ron or someone from the campaign couldn't sit down with Beck and get our points across, especially on foreign policy. I haven't seen Beck that much, but I don't think he attacks his guests face to face.

That just makes him a coward.

speciallyblend
11-18-2007, 12:12 PM
beck got stood up ,because he is a attack shill, the ron paul hq had a choice, be on cnn wolf blitzer,or be on becks show where beck would of attacked and mocked him like bill oreilly did,both these shows lost there chance,they should ban these 2 shows to tmz.com

hillertexas
11-18-2007, 12:21 PM
You guys...
The "powers that be" are TESTING US with this. CNN can afford to lose Glenn Beck so they had that horrible stuff said on his show to "test the waters".
If we do nothing, they know they can say this kinda stuff again and escalate it.
If we fight it, they can fire Glenn Beck, say "sorry...it was all him" and either give up or go back into their hole to come up with something else.

Either way, we have to stick to our guns on this issue. What was said on Glenn Beck's show was something different than the normal MSM smear tactics. We all know it.

If we let it go...we will see it again.

Don't let CNN get away with this..."Give them an inch..."

Sematary
11-18-2007, 12:38 PM
You guys...
The "powers that be" are TESTING US with this. CNN can afford to lose Glenn Beck so they had that horrible stuff said on his show to "test the waters".
If we do nothing, they know they can say this kinda stuff again and escalate it.
If we fight it, they can fire Glenn Beck, say "sorry...it was all him" and either give up or go back into their hole to come up with something else.

Either way, we have to stick to our guns on this issue. What was said on Glenn Beck's show was something different than the normal MSM smear tactics. We all know it.

If we let it go...we will see it again.

Don't let CNN get away with this..."Give them an inch..."

+10

icon57
11-18-2007, 12:38 PM
It means the same today as being called a witch in the middle ages. Only now waterboarding has replaced the iron maiden.

Yes the terrorist "witch hunt" is out of control. Peaceful protestors, law abiding citzens are now targets of the "witch hunt".
The "Thought Crime Bill" http://nationalexpositor.com/index.php?news=568
which passed in the House of Representativess allows the gov't to go after peaceful protestors. I hope Ron will address this issue if he hasn't already done so.

Shink
11-18-2007, 12:48 PM
I hate prisonplanet.

I LOVE PRISONPLANET.

Secondly, you guys who are pooh-poohing Beck are just upset at the thought that his show just may nosedive. Get over it! I don't appreciate being called a fucking terrorist for loving freedom--one'd think that my combat veteran status might negate that BS idea in his mind, but not so. Beck is NOT on our side, he is NOT the libertarian he told Penn he was, he's made a serious accusation.

Are YOU an "unlawful enemy combatant?" Didn't think so. Don't be weak-kneed. FIGHT.

constitutional
11-18-2007, 12:48 PM
I really wonder about you. I have seen other bizarre posts from you such as this one in other threads.

We could all be considered enemy combatants and be carted off somewhere to be tortured. Having the words terrorist and islamofascists associated with Ron Paul, libertarians, and their supporters is a horrible horrible thing. Basically they could blame YOU and ME for the next terrorist attack. Do you not see this or understand this!?
I'm not denying what you just said or approve of what glenn beck said but the FEMA incident occured in 2001, FYI it's 2007.

I just love how people come to these forums and make threads like "FEMA CALLS RON PAUL TERRORIST." There was a thread on this.

Yes, I'm sick of it.

"I really wonder about you. I have seen other bizarre posts from you such as this one in other threads." Now what is that suppose to mean?

pavilion33
11-19-2007, 12:03 AM
Thanks for the info I've sent my email.