PDA

View Full Version : Time to get after them on 2nd Amendment

Ira Aten
11-18-2007, 09:13 AM
If Ron Paul isn't banned from the next debate, he can win the nomination by making the 2nd Amendment a debate topic, pointing out that the majority of the guys on the stage (i.e., so call front runners) have all earned a track record of being for gun controls which violate the 2nd Amendment.

It is really time for him, no matter wheat the question, simply sidle into discussions of how Guliani once said that "it makes better sense, to have a system where we take all guns out of society..."

He just needs to jump all up in that.

The majority of Americans agree with the 2nd Amendment.

He needs to point out that Thompson voted for THIRTEEN seperate anti 2nd AMendment measures in the Senate, and that Romney also supported anti-2nd Amendment measures as governor. Paul, in TEN TERMS of Congressional service, voted for ZERO anti-2nd Amendment measures.

I guess I forgot, McCain. He voted and sponsored McCain-Feingold, which was a muzzle to place on the NRA. Why those idiots support him, I will never know.

trout007
11-18-2007, 11:55 AM
I noticed that in the debates Dr. Paul at most gets 2 full questions and then a few short answer ones. Of course the questions are almost never interesting. I wonder how effective it would be for him to say. "I have answered that in the previous 10 debates I'd like to use this time to say the following....."

It seems some of the big questions like the 2nd amendment and how he has an A+ rating from Gun Owners of America. Or even ending the war on drugs. One thing to remember is that you don't have to preach to the GOP base in the primaries. I live in Florida and for the first time in my life I regestered for a political party in order to vote in the primaries. I know there are others like me so if you can get enough people out to register and vote in the primaries we can win.