PDA

View Full Version : Type Zero Civilization

JoshLowry
08-10-2012, 05:34 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GooNhOIMY0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GooNhOIMY0

John F Kennedy III
08-10-2012, 05:48 PM
I remember watching this a few months back. If you haven't seen it please watch it. I won't spoil it except to say we get called terrorists if we don't want One World Government.

pcosmar
08-10-2012, 05:54 PM
Got half way through,,
Does he ever give examples of known Type 1,,2 or 3 planets or civilization?
or is his entire spiel based on Sci-Fi ?

Kotin
08-10-2012, 05:59 PM
Got half way through,,
The latter, unfortunately..

1stAmendguy
08-10-2012, 06:01 PM
Got half way through,,

There is no known anything since we don't know of life much less intelligent life existing outside of Earth at the moment. This is all theoretical.

1stAmendguy
08-10-2012, 06:04 PM
I remember watching this a few months back. If you haven't seen it please watch it. I won't spoil it except to say we get called terrorists if we don't want One World Government.

On paper, I would not be opposed to the idea of One World Government. I just don't agree with the way it's currently being set up and how it would be run. We would need to have an integral approach to reconcile all religions and science above all in order to try and make a planetary civilization work or we destroy ourselves with our technology. As for me, ideally a world government would have to be a world 'republic' of some sorts, a true republic, like many of us united here are for.

AuH20
08-10-2012, 06:13 PM
Type 2 civilizations are immortal. ROFL Sounds like a modern day Icarus in that video.

Acala
08-10-2012, 06:20 PM
I made it to 47 seconds and shut it off because the guy is so full of crap it was stinking up my room. He starts out with a statement that physicists think about alien life in this way and then proceeds to put forth a theory with exactly the same predictive power and scientific basis in fact as the bar scene in the first Star Wars movie. The man is simply an entertainer and I don't care what entertainers think about astro-biology or anything else for that matter.

JoshLowry
08-10-2012, 06:23 PM
I didn't say it was fact. Watch it all the way through.

He mentions he was asked by Stanley Kubrick, a very interesting filmmaker, to give his opinion on the subject before he made 2001.

heavenlyboy34
08-10-2012, 06:24 PM
He's been talking about this for some years. Heard him on Coast to Coast as a kid. Kotin's right, it's all sci-fi. Kookier than Alex Jones stuff, IMO. ;)

pcosmar
08-10-2012, 06:26 PM
I made it to 47 seconds and shut it off because the guy is so full of crap it was stinking up my room. He starts out with a statement that physicists think about alien life in this way and then proceeds to put forth a theory with exactly the same predictive power and scientific basis in fact as the bar scene in the first Star Wars movie. The man is simply an entertainer and I don't care what entertainers think about astro-biology or anything else for that matter.

I made it a bit farther,, but that was my general impression.

I like Sci-Fi.. I enjoy the "what If" questions. but to make the jump from "what If" to "It Is" with neither investigation or evidence,,,
Nope

1stAmendguy
08-10-2012, 06:28 PM
He's been talking about this for some years. Heard him on Coast to Coast as a kid. Kotin's right, it's all sci-fi. Kookier than Alex Jones stuff, IMO. ;)

Lol this is not even his theory. It's called the Kardashev Scale http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kardashev_scale It was first theorized by Soviet scientist Nikolai Kardashev and it's been around since the sixties.

1stAmendguy
08-10-2012, 06:31 PM
Michio Kaku is a science popularizer. You can say he's our generation's Carl Sagan.

libertyfanatic
08-10-2012, 06:33 PM
http://articles.latimes.com/2008/jul/22/opinion/oe-shermer22

Interesting article

The author is apparently a libertarian too

Kodaddy
08-10-2012, 06:33 PM
I have trouble finding intelligent life anywhere around me. And I live here. What makes him think we could recognize what intelligent life looks like, given so few examples here on earth?