PDA

View Full Version : They Couldn't Stop Rand Paul in 2016

Romulus
08-10-2012, 11:17 AM
This is why I think Rmoney has been kinged to win this year. :mad: It will effectively neuter any chance we have in 2016.

Because after another 4 more of Obomba, and another 4 more years of wisdom and experience from Rand, there is no way they could stop him from winning a 2016 bid.

Todd
08-10-2012, 11:30 AM
Romney hasn't won anything yet.

trey4sports
08-10-2012, 11:41 AM
yeah it is all a giant conspiracy to make sure no liberty candidates win.

Matt Collins
08-10-2012, 11:50 AM
Do you forget who owns the Iowa Republican Party? ;)

If Romney wins, that makes Rand the most powerful Republican in the country because he can primary Romney from the right, and he doesn't need establishment money to do it. :cool:

Romulus
08-10-2012, 11:51 AM
yeah it is all a giant conspiracy to make sure no liberty candidates win.

Dude if you think the powers that be sit on their hands instead of being proactive I don't know what to tell you....

These bastards know which way the tide is turning... they'll head us off at the pass if they get the chance.

Romulus
08-10-2012, 11:53 AM
Do you forget who owns the Iowa Republican Party? ;)

If Romney wins, that makes Rand the most powerful Republican in the country because he can primary Romney from the right, and he doesn't need establishment money to do it. :cool:

And risk being alienated in his own party? I don't think that is Rand's style.

Sola_Fide
08-10-2012, 11:54 AM
This is why I think Rmoney has been kinged to win this year. :mad: It will effectively neuter any chance we have in 2016.

Because after another 4 more of Obomba, and another 4 more years of wisdom and experience from Rand, there is no way they could stop him from winning a 2016 bid.

Scary thought. But our little victories across the country are showing the chinks in the establishment's armor. I don't think they can stop Rand even if they tried in 16 (imo)

libertyfanatic
08-10-2012, 11:59 AM
Scary thought. But our little victories across the country are showing the chinks in the establishment's armor. I don't think they can stop Rand even if they tried in 16 (imo)
They can always just cheat.

Karsten
08-10-2012, 12:01 PM
If Romney is "scheduled to win," why is he consistently behind?

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/president/us/general_election_romney_vs_obama-1171.html

http://electoral-vote.com/

Romulus
08-10-2012, 12:03 PM
If Romney is "scheduled to win," why is he consistently behind?

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/president/us/general_election_romney_vs_obama-1171.html

http://electoral-vote.com/

See this:

Matt Collins
08-10-2012, 12:05 PM
And risk being alienated in his own party? I don't think that is Rand's style.I dunno.... If Romney is badly misbehaving, I could see Rand doing that. The conservative base would be behind him without any doubts!

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
08-10-2012, 12:05 PM

You'd think they'd be tired of that by now.

trey4sports
08-10-2012, 12:10 PM
I dunno.... If Romney is badly misbehaving, I could see Rand doing that. The conservative base would be behind him without any doubts!

If Romney wins he will not be challenged in 4 years. He is to good of a politician to let that happen. He will mold just enough to keep most everyone happy.

Romulus
08-10-2012, 12:14 PM
I dunno.... If Romney is badly misbehaving, I could see Rand doing that. The conservative base would be behind him without any doubts!

The establishment base > conservative base...

Rand has the potential to be a 'JFK' type of figure... I don't doubt the establishment figured this potential in with how successful Ron has done.

aclove
08-10-2012, 12:17 PM
The establishment base > conservative base...

Rand has the potential to be a 'JFK' type of figure... I don't doubt the establishment figured this potential in with how successful Ron has done.

You're right! We should all quit and do nothing! That'll show 'em!

Romulus
08-10-2012, 12:20 PM
You're right! We should all quit and do nothing! That'll show 'em!

I never said quit anything.

AJ Antimony
08-10-2012, 12:30 PM
Rand Paul can be stopped because, if Romney loses, I can see the next GOP primaries as the most conservative you could possibly imagine.

I can see the following candidates:

Rand Paul - for obvious reasons (does KY have an LBJ law?)
Jim DeMint - he's said that he is not running for re-election in 2016
Christ Christie - for obvious reasons
Scott Walker - for obvious reasons

These guys seem to be most likely to enter. That's a LOT of competition for the conservative/tea party voting bloc.

I also wouldn't be surprised if even more candidates were interested. There could potentially be a LOT of 2nd term tea party governors in 2016: Haley, Scott, LePage, Martinez.
Also, I'd keep an eye on newly-elected 2012 senators like Jeff Flake, Connie Mack, etc.

The real question is, who will be the liberal/moderate GOP candidate? Huntzman again?

AuH20
08-10-2012, 12:31 PM
Rand Paul vs. Andrew Cuomo = Bloodbath. They will never let him win the republican nomination because the lingering Obama effect makes the Republican challenger that much stronger in any hypothetical matchup.

July
08-10-2012, 12:32 PM
//

Lucille
08-10-2012, 12:35 PM
Doherty thinks it best Romney wins (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?376827-Brian-Doherty-and-Rand-Paul-Talk-About-quot-Ron-Paul-s-rEVOLution-quot-on-C-SPAN-(video-added)), be the disaster that he will be, and then have someone (probably Rand) primary challenge him in '16.

Obama will win anyway. It's gonna get ugly, so it's for the best. The American people will blame whoever's in the WH.

Mitt Romney: In Your Heart, You Know He’s A Loser
Are the Republicans deliberately throwing the presidential election? (http://original.antiwar.com/justin/2012/03/29/mitt-romney-in-your-heart-you-know-hes-a-loser/)

One of the few commenters left on market-ticker said today that Goldman Sachs is donating to Romney this time around not so he'll win, but so the electorate will buy into Obanksta's populist BS.

Romulus
08-10-2012, 12:44 PM
GE is backing Rmoney too...

Matt Collins
08-10-2012, 01:03 PM
If Romney wins he will not be challenged in 4 years. He is to good of a politician to let that happen. He will mold just enough to keep most everyone happy.That's not possible, neocons are fundamentally at odds with us.

John F Kennedy III
08-10-2012, 02:43 PM

I haven't seen anything that would indicate Romney is going to win.

jkob
08-10-2012, 09:06 PM
Rand endorsed Romney

matt0611
08-10-2012, 09:11 PM
Doherty thinks it best Romney wins (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?376827-Brian-Doherty-and-Rand-Paul-Talk-About-quot-Ron-Paul-s-rEVOLution-quot-on-C-SPAN-(video-added)), be the disaster that he will be, and then have someone (probably Rand) primary challenge him in '16.

Obama will win anyway. It's gonna get ugly, so it's for the best. The American people will blame whoever's in the WH.

Mitt Romney: In Your Heart, You Know He’s A Loser
Are the Republicans deliberately throwing the presidential election? (http://original.antiwar.com/justin/2012/03/29/mitt-romney-in-your-heart-you-know-hes-a-loser/)

One of the few commenters left on market-ticker said today that Goldman Sachs is donating to Romney this time around not so he'll win, but so the electorate will buy into Obanksta's populist BS.

I disagree with this. That would never be allowed to happen.

It's best that Obama wins over Romney. Its gonna suck but at least we can get Rand in 2016.

We need to make sure we get as many liberty candidates in the Senate, House, and state offices by then.

AuH20
08-10-2012, 10:27 PM
Rand endorsed Romney

Over Obama. It's pretty simple to understand.