PDA

View Full Version : HUNDREDS of Tanks Moving Through Burbank, California

shane77m
08-10-2012, 09:41 AM
http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2012/08/hundreds-of-tanks-moving-through-burbank-california-without-desert-camoflage.html

It is possible that they are being shipped to an army base in Southern California to be painted with camouflage. But no Southern California civilians have ever seen so many tanks before.

Let the speculation begin.

pcosmar
08-10-2012, 09:47 AM

Speculation,,no.
But it seems it would be cheaper and easier to bring the paint to the tanks,, than the tanks to the paint.

And yes,, I was on a Paint Detail in the Army,, We repainted ALL the vehicles in the motor pool.

shane77m
08-10-2012, 09:51 AM
I just wonder where they will be use. Getting ready for Iran maybe? Hopefully not here. Hopefully not Iran either.

ZENemy
08-10-2012, 09:51 AM
On thursday I saw a small Military convoy on Interstate 680 near Milpitas, CA. 2 Jeeps, 2 hummers and some other vehicle that Ive never seen before, sorta looked like one of those bearcat's. The humans were in full urban colors/dress with firearms/rifles.

phill4paul
08-10-2012, 09:52 AM
But it seems it would be cheaper and easier to bring the paint to the tanks,, than the tanks to the paint.

Warren Buffet is disapprove. ಠ__ಠ

ZENemy
08-10-2012, 09:54 AM
Whats a decent explanation for these tanks? Giving them to local LE?

tod evans
08-10-2012, 09:55 AM
The EPA has some really crazy ideas......especially regarding paint in Cal.

shane77m
08-10-2012, 09:58 AM

I sure hope not. Barney Fife sure doesn't need a tank. He already has more than a pistol with single bullet he keeps in his pocket.

The next story will be cop shoots dog with tank. The cops response will be " When I pulled into the suspects living room with my tank there was a dog barking at me from the hallway. I felt immediately threatened so I took action".

Tiso0770
08-10-2012, 09:59 AM
http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2012/08/hundreds-of-tanks-moving-through-burbank-california-without-desert-camoflage.html

They do have a huge training ground in southern California.

pcosmar
08-10-2012, 10:01 AM

Not sure if possible,

http://ct.fra.bz/ol/fz/sw/i48/5/3/21/frabz-Not-Sure-If-Serious-899491.jpg

ZENemy
08-10-2012, 10:11 AM
Not sure if possible,

http://ct.fra.bz/ol/fz/sw/i48/5/3/21/frabz-Not-Sure-If-Serious-899491.jpg

LOL

I was serious, I would guess they are giving them to LE, not sure if EVERYONE saw the anaheim cops, they look like they are ready for some tank love.

http://www.pixentral.com/hosted/1rrAuPkhB9Guu9KlhGO5Em6lbWn6q_thumb.jpg (http://www.pixentral.com/show.php?picture=1rrAuPkhB9Guu9KlhGO5Em6lbWn6q)

http://www.pixentral.com/hosted/1EK4EIO4B1GIrvm8VFCSBAnOH05CIP_thumb.jpg (http://www.pixentral.com/show.php?picture=1EK4EIO4B1GIrvm8VFCSBAnOH05CIP)

pcosmar
08-10-2012, 10:19 AM
I was serious, I would guess they are giving them to LE, not sure if EVERYONE saw the anaheim cops, they look like they are ready for some tank love.

that thought had crossed my mind
http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/c0.0.403.403/p403x403/625652_302911039806422_337041903_n.jpg

but, the post asked for a "decent" explanation.

For the life of me I can't think of one.. Several "Obscene" explanations come to mind though.

aGameOfThrones
08-10-2012, 10:20 AM
The Liberals are coming! The Liberals are coming!

Wait... they already came.

ZENemy
08-10-2012, 10:23 AM
that thought had crossed my mind
http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/c0.0.403.403/p403x403/625652_302911039806422_337041903_n.jpg

but, the OP asked for a "decent" explanation.

For the life of me I can't think of one.. Several "Obscene" explanations come to mind though.

I saw this shit in person, Ive been scared of men (gangsters, idiot drivers...you name it) before but never of men at the top, there is nothing scarier then someone with NO accountability with guns and state protection.

asurfaholic
08-10-2012, 10:23 AM
I see huge convoys all the time in east nc. They are a regular sight, and the troops are always in full gear.

pcosmar
08-10-2012, 10:31 AM
I see huge convoys all the time in east nc. They are a regular sight, and the troops are always in full gear.

Ever think of what that must cost? and what the purpose is?

I mean,, most Armor Based military bases have training areas already. A tank in NC is the Same as the tank in Michigan,, or the one in any other state..
Wouldn't it be easier to transport men to the tanks already in place?

but there I go again,,trying to apply logic to Government,,,/fail.

asurfaholic
08-10-2012, 10:34 AM

I mean,, most Armor Based military bases have training areas already. A tank in NC is the Same as the tank in Michigan,, or the one in any other state..

Ya fail lol

But seriously I think they are headed between one of the many bases and one of the two major sea ports. l also see jeeps and such on trains.

pcosmar
08-10-2012, 10:38 AM
Ya fail lol

But seriously I think they are headed between one of the many bases and one of the two major sea ports. l also see jeeps and such on trains.

Again,,for what purpose?

Sea ports?? to where?
And if you see it,, you can bet that others (intended victims) see it as well.

Todd
08-10-2012, 10:44 AM
a little insight on this. It could be a unit from one part of the country moving it's material for training in another part. It's common for units say in Fort Bragg to railhead all tanks etc to a training site in say Fort Irwin, CA. This is very common. They are not going to just drive them across roadways there.

libertyjam
08-10-2012, 10:49 AM
nm

TheTexan
08-10-2012, 10:55 AM
I don't know whether or not these tanks are being moved in direct preparation for martial law. I can say that the contingency of massive civil unrest was certainly factored into their decision when planning their logistics.

It's a mathematical fact that a massive economic collapse is coming, and they are fully aware of this. It would be kind of idiotic from their perspective to not plan for massive civil unrest. However, also from that perspective, that means force. Lots of force. In this case tanks.

However, by stockpiling on force (whether that be tanks, shitloads of ammo, bullet proof checkpoints), even before civil unrest has occurred, is going to guarantee that massive civil unrest does in fact occur. It's a self fulfilling prophecy, and it's going to get ugly.

Ranger29860
08-10-2012, 11:06 AM
a little insight on this. It could be a unit from one part of the country moving it's material for training in another part. It's common for units say in Fort Bragg to railhead all tanks etc to a training site in say Fort Irwin, CA. This is very common. They are not going to just drive them across roadways there.

This is probably most likely what it is. I remember having to load M1A1 Abrams onto trains whenever we went to train at a different base. You have to test YOUR equipment out in the field to see if it works so using the base your going to, equipment kinda defeats the purpose. O and btw I have to nitpick here :) those are not tanks those are (by the crappy video) Bradly's if not that then some other APC.

sailingaway
08-10-2012, 11:12 AM
wasn't blackwater or whatever their name is now (Xe) opening a big operation here? I could have sworn I saw protests about it in the news for a day before I never heard of it again.

Ranger29860
08-10-2012, 11:15 AM
wasn't blackwater or whatever their name is now (Xe) opening a big operation here? I could have sworn I saw protests about it in the news for a day before I never heard of it again.

The thing is Fort Irwin is relatively close by and that the main training center for deploying units. The main way they get the equipment to NTC is on a train. So I think this is just someone who has no knowledge of how the military works and has somehow never seen this thinking this is the end of the world. Go to Alabama and you see this same thing all the time.

donnay
08-10-2012, 11:21 AM

Agency With Ties To Blackwater Running Training Facility In Otay Mesa After Another Name Change

http://www.sandiegoreader.com/staff/dorian-hargrove/

Last week, Gail Collins, an op-ed columnist for the New York Times, wrote a story about privatization. In the article, Collins describes privatization efforts that haven't gone so well. Some examples she listed were privatizing prisons, educational facilities, and training of "mercenaries" by private security firms such as Blackwater and it's affiliated companies Xe Services, and now Academi.

In recent years the Blackwater firm has gone through some changes, mostly name changes. Last year, new investors purchased many of the assets and facilities owned by Blackwater offshoot, Xe Services, rebranding the company under the new name, Academi.

Name changes and ownership aside, Blackwater/Xe/Academi is no stranger to San Diego County. In 2008, plans to build a training facility in Potrero was shot down. A few years later, the U-T San Diego stumbled upon a training facility in a remote area of the Los Coyotes Indian Reservation run by a former a Blackwater employee.

But, there is one other training facility in San Diego County that hasn't been talked about for some time; Academi Southwest, located just a few blocks away from the Otay Mesa border.

In 2008, Mayor Jerry Sanders took some flak for not questioning what seemed to be a rather peculiar permit obtained by representatives from Blackwater.

"The one man standing in the way of Blackwater is Mayor Jerry Sanders," read a letter from Jess Durfee of the San Diego democratic party.

"He has the power -- under San Diego's "strong mayor" system -- to launch a full investigation into the false pretenses Blackwater used to obtain a "vocational trade school" permit for their facility in Otay Mesa."

Of course that project was eventually approved.

According to a spokesperson for the firm, Academi Southwest "offers a variety of services available to government, corporate and individual customers in a 61,000-square-foot indoor training facility. The facility includes a 25-yard indoor multi-purpose range, classrooms, a 2,500 square foot indoor tactical shoot house, a three-story 3,000-square-foot ship simulator, and a tower configured for the instruction of technical climbing and rigging."

The facility "provides training for civilians, local law enforcement and government agencies."

pcosmar
08-10-2012, 11:27 AM
The thing is Fort Irwin is relatively close by and that the main training center for deploying units. The main way they get the equipment to NTC is on a train. So I think this is just someone who has no knowledge of how the military works and has somehow never seen this thinking this is the end of the world. Go to Alabama and you see this same thing all the time.

No,, Actually, the point is, that a M1 Tank (or whatever piece of equipment) in Ft Bragg, is the same exact piece of equipment in Ft Irwin.

It is a HUGE waste of money and Manpower, when you could just put men on a transport plane and send them for training.
Though HUGE wastes of money and resources are quite common to our Government,,, The country is BROKE.

One M16 is the same as the next, One APC is the same as the next. One model of Tank is the same,,east coast or west.
Moving them is hugely expensive.

sailingaway
08-10-2012, 11:27 AM
Agency With Ties To Blackwater Running Training Facility In Otay Mesa After Another Name Change

Last week, Gail Collins, an op-ed columnist for the New York Times, wrote a story about privatization. In the article, Collins describes privatization efforts that haven't gone so well. Some examples she listed were privatizing prisons, educational facilities, and training of "mercenaries" by private security firms such as Blackwater and it's affiliated companies Xe Services, and now Academi.

In recent years the Blackwater firm has gone through some changes, mostly name changes. Last year, new investors purchased many of the assets and facilities owned by Blackwater offshoot, Xe Services, rebranding the company under the new name, Academi.

Academi...?!

That sounds positively .... neutered. As in 'it's academic'.....

Ranger29860
08-10-2012, 11:30 AM
No,, Actually, the point is, that a M1 Tank (or whatever piece of equipment) in Ft Bragg, is the same exact piece of equipment in Ft Irwin.

It is a HUGE waste of money and Manpower, when you could just put men on a transport plane and send them for training.
Though HUGE wastes of money and resources are quite common to our Government,,, The country is BROKE.

One M16 is the same as the next, One APC is the same as the next. One model of Tank is the same,,east coast or west.
Moving them is hugely expensive.

NTC is not training as much as it is field testing equipment. That is why units use their own equipment.

*edit*

Also they are not the same as the next. Even a APC with the same designation can have been rigged with different systems due to the need of that particular unit. When I was in as a 25C we would get these things in and then rip all the pieces out and replace it with our own stuff. Our stuff was completely different then another units.

*edit 2*

That being said maybe if we were not in war state constantly then we could afford to not be constantly having to upgrade and jerry rig our systems. So an approach of using someones else stuff for training purposes might be better. But as it stands today with equipment constantly changing due to the MIC that is just not a possibility.

Brian4Liberty
08-10-2012, 12:07 PM
Didn't we have this same thread about a year ago?

ZENemy
08-10-2012, 12:08 PM
Didn't we have this same thread about a year ago?

I think this is different. There was a video last year of tanks and other military vehicles being transported by train but it was in Santa Cruz. Same scenario tho, same paint.

Athan
08-10-2012, 12:19 PM
and... Iran.

ShaneEnochs
08-10-2012, 12:23 PM
I see this all the time in WV. What's the big deal? How do people think these things get moved? Magic?

Zippyjuan
08-10-2012, 02:04 PM

Name changes and ownership aside, Blackwater/Xe/Academi is no stranger to San Diego County. In 2008, plans to build a training facility in Potrero was shot down. A few years later, the U-T San Diego stumbled upon a training facility in a remote area of the Los Coyotes Indian Reservation run by a former a Blackwater employee.

But, there is one other training facility in San Diego County that hasn't been talked about for some time; Academi Southwest, located just a few blocks away from the Otay Mesa border.

In 2008, Mayor Jerry Sanders took some flak for not questioning what seemed to be a rather peculiar permit obtained by representatives from Blackwater.

"The one man standing in the way of Blackwater is Mayor Jerry Sanders," read a letter from Jess Durfee of the San Diego democratic party.

"He has the power -- under San Diego's "strong mayor" system -- to launch a full investigation into the false pretenses Blackwater used to obtain a "vocational trade school" permit for their facility in Otay Mesa."

Of course that project was eventually approved.

According to a spokesperson for the firm, Academi Southwest "offers a variety of services available to government, corporate and individual customers in a 61,000-square-foot indoor training facility. The facility includes a 25-yard indoor multi-purpose range, classrooms, a 2,500 square foot indoor tactical shoot house, a three-story 3,000-square-foot ship simulator, and a tower configured for the instruction of technical climbing and rigging."

The facility "provides training for civilians, local law enforcement and government agencies."

The facility has been closed down.
http://globeedia.blogspot.com/2012/02/xe-services.html

Xe tried to open an 824-acre (3.33 km2) training facility three miles north of Potrero, a small town in rural east San Diego County, California located 45 miles (72 km) east of San Diego, for military and law enforcement training. The opening has faced heavy opposition from local residents, residents of nearby San Diego, local Congressmember Bob Filner, and environmentalist and anti-war organizations. Opposition focused on a potential for wildfire increases, the proposed facility's proximity to the Cleveland National Forest, noise pollution, and opposition to the actions of Blackwater in Iraq.

In response, Brian Bonfiglio, project manager for Blackwater West, said "There will be no explosives training and no tracer ammunition. Lead bullets don't start fires." In October 2007, when wildfires swept through the area, Blackwater made at least three deliveries of food, water, personal hygiene products and generator fuel to 300 residents near the proposed training site, many of whom had been trapped for days without supplies. They also set up a "tent city" for evacuees.On March 7, 2008, Blackwater withdrew its application to set up a facility in San Diego County.

Athan
08-10-2012, 02:21 PM
I see this all the time in WV. What's the big deal? How do people think these things get moved? Magic?
Cue the Dungeon Master pic: "It's magic. Don't got to 'xplain shit."

pcosmar
08-10-2012, 02:23 PM
Cue the Dungeon Master pic: "It's magic. Don't got to 'xplain shit."

sort of like, where the money for this shit comes from??

John F Kennedy III
08-10-2012, 02:25 PM

Being deployed for DEFENSE. I guarantee that isn't the case though.

Athan
08-10-2012, 02:25 PM
sort of like, where the money for this shit comes from??
lol.. exactly.

Zippyjuan
08-10-2012, 02:36 PM
Being deployed for DEFENSE. I guarantee that isn't the case though.

Probably looking for your house?

Pericles
08-10-2012, 02:48 PM

If we had some bumper numbers off some of the vehicles, we could know exactly what was up.

Zippyjuan
08-10-2012, 03:20 PM
Reports are that the units were heading to Fort Irwin for two weeks of training.

pcosmar
08-10-2012, 03:34 PM
Reports are that the units were heading to Fort Irwin for two weeks of training.

http://fortirwinfmwr.com/2012/08/sesame-streetuso-experience-for-military-families/
Sesame Street,, and here I was thinking Disney.
:rolleyes:

youngbuck
08-10-2012, 04:27 PM
We do have a massive military... things need to be moved around. Probably nothin to this.

libertariantexas
08-10-2012, 04:37 PM

Most of those appeared to be Bradley APC's, not tanks, though there were some M-1's as well.

There are lots of reasons why they could be moving through CA. The most obvious one being that they are going to the NTC for training.

But we really have no idea what was going on. It could be as simple as those vehicles are being moved to a base for storage. The Army has thousands of these things, and many of them are getting old (both vehicles have been around since the early 80s), so they might be being moved to a storage base (like Ft. Hood here in TX) where they warehouse thousands of older vehicles until they are needed (e.g. a war), sold (to an "ally"), or disposed of. If a large unit is getting new M-1's the old ones will get shipped somewhere (a Guard unit, or storage, or whatever).

Either that, or you are all going to a FEMA Camp tomorrow. It's going to be a long detainment, so pack an extra set of underwear.

Just thought I'd toss that out to please the conspiracy theorists who don't want to hear any explanation that doesn't involve a conspiracy theory :).

Zippyjuan
08-10-2012, 04:38 PM
It is relatively common in some parts of the country (like California which has tons of bases) but some like to get excited and think it is part of some big government scheme to impose martial law and round up everybody or to repress everybody's freedoms.

phill4paul
08-10-2012, 04:44 PM
Didn't I mention this???
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-05-07/buffett-says-berkshire-will-top-34-billion-railroad-deal.html

It would be a shame if something ever happened to our federal road system. Terrorist threats and a few I.E.D.s could really drive America to well protected rail systems.

pcosmar
08-10-2012, 04:45 PM
Either that, or you are all going to a FEMA Camp tomorrow. It's going to be a long detainment, so pack an extra set of underwear.

Just thought I'd toss that out to please the conspiracy theorists who don't want to hear any explanation that doesn't involve a conspiracy theory :).

Nope,, not all of us. Perhaps it is nothing,, well nothing more than a huge waste of money and resources.

But those that pay attention to these troop movements will be aware.
I watch convoys in my area,, as well as air traffic.

would like to see it coming rather than be caught off guard. And am far enough away from any "first targets" that I should be ready before they start on far flung rural areas.

Observation and awareness are not bad things.

pauljmccain
08-10-2012, 10:10 PM
That is probably just one mechanized infantry unit. They go places. That's kind of the point.

Carson
08-10-2012, 11:05 PM
Speculation,,no.

And yes,, I was on a Paint Detail in the Army,, We repainted ALL the vehicles in the motor pool.

With the banks making all of the decisions they are probably going to ship them overseas to be painted rather than ship the paint here. It could be one of those loan, loan, we're in the money sort of decisions that the big boys get those eleventeen figure bonuses for.

P.S. I'm sort of remembering this video from years ago.

TheTexan
08-10-2012, 11:06 PM
It is relatively common in some parts of the country (like California which has tons of bases) but some like to get excited and think it is part of some big government scheme to impose martial law and round up everybody or to repress everybody's freedoms.

One of these days, it will be

Carson
08-10-2012, 11:31 PM
Didn't we lose the country without one tank moving in?

Liberty74
08-11-2012, 04:03 AM
I just wonder where they will be use. Getting ready for Iran maybe? Hopefully not here. Hopefully not Iran either.

Iran? Silly rabbit, those tanks are to be used on Americans by the U.N. once they arrive. Our government knows civil unrest is coming because of the financial collapse. Many laws are in place already like 30K drones, 400 million bullets purchased, NDAA, Patriot Act, Internet Kill Switch, etc. Politicians have called for the U.N. to manage elections and the U.N. wants to grab our guns. What a better way to indoctrinating i.e. forcing you into "their" NWO. :eek:

showpan
08-11-2012, 08:22 AM
Most of our forces were deployed from San Diego. If they start shifting them to Southern Cali and shipping them out, then they could be getting ready for an Israel attack. If you start to see those Amphibious transport ships docked there, no doubt they are getting prepared.

Raudsarw
08-11-2012, 08:28 AM
Stop being so dam paranoid. It's embarassing to the liberty movement.

People will not willingly subject themselves to tyranny. Not knowingly, at least. The greatest weapon the state has is not its tanks and missiles, but the illusion of legitimacy. If martial law was declared, the state would be seen for the band of thugs that it really is. Why the hell would they demonize themselves in front of the public? The force the state uses is far more subtle.

donnay
08-11-2012, 08:37 AM
Iran? Silly rabbit, those tanks are to be used on Americans by the U.N. once they arrive. Our government knows civil unrest is coming because of the financial collapse. Many laws are in place already like 30K drones, 400 million bullets purchased, NDAA, Patriot Act, Internet Kill Switch, etc. Politicians have called for the U.N. to manage elections and the U.N. wants to grab our guns. What a better way to indoctrinating i.e. forcing you into "their" NWO. :eek:

+Rep

Good to see someone is paying attention.

donnay
08-11-2012, 08:45 AM

People will not willingly subject themselves to tyranny. Not knowingly, at least. The greatest weapon the state has is not its tanks and missiles, but the illusion of legitimacy. If martial law was declared, the state would be seen for the band of thugs that it really is. Why the hell would they demonize themselves in front of the public? The force the state uses is far more subtle.

You think Eisenhower was paranoid? Here is an excerpt from his Farewell address to the nation:

"This conjunction of an immense military establishment and a large arms industry is new in the American experience. The total influence – economic, political, even spiritual – is felt in every city, every Statehouse, every office of the Federal government. We recognize the imperative need for this development. Yet we must not fail to comprehend its grave implications. Our toil, resources and livelihood are all involved; so is the very structure of our society.

In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist.

We must never let the weight of this combination endanger our liberties or democratic processes. We should take nothing for granted. Only an alert and knowledgeable citizenry can compel the proper meshing of the huge industrial and military machinery of defense with our peaceful methods and goals, so that security and liberty may prosper together."

AuH20
08-11-2012, 08:52 AM

When the social fabric unravels from a monetary induced financial collapse. Then the mask comes off for pure self-preservation purposes.
Right now subtlety is effective, tomorrow not so much.

MelissaCato
08-11-2012, 10:33 AM
Last weekend here, the military was doing war training drills ... bombs going off, gunfire something terrible, fighters flying by, the sky was lighting up at night time .. exactly like the videos on youtube overseas. Usually they do training drills north of me but never this extreme - this is the first time training drills are south of me. It was both crazy to see an hear yet exciting at the same time. They are definitely training for something unlike any other training drill.

Carson
08-11-2012, 02:33 PM

In the olden days a man with a hard earned dollar had a say in things.

Now that they can counterfeit what ever it takes to get their way there are unlimited funds to go into indoctrination. They have an organization that is fueled by a criminal element. They don't have any money to loan so they print it up to loan people to attend schools that manipulate people into their way of thinking. One of their ways of thinking is to perpetuate the idea that they know all about everything.

After all, the people that really do know, no longer have a voice with the honest dollar that can compete with the bullies.

ctb619
08-11-2012, 03:18 PM
Most of our forces were deployed from San Diego. If they start shifting them to Southern Cali and shipping them out, then they could be getting ready for an Israel attack. If you start to see those Amphibious transport ships docked there, no doubt they are getting prepared.

Why would they ship equipment out of San Diego for an "Israel attack"?

libertylastchance
08-11-2012, 04:47 PM
This video came out in Jan/12 if not before.. The military moves equipment all the time. July/12 moving massive military equipment from Kiwait back to the US... this could be the tanks that are in need of repair.. they do transport via railway...

pcosmar
08-11-2012, 04:56 PM
This video came out in Jan/12 if not before.. The military moves equipment all the time. July/12 moving massive military equipment from Kiwait back to the US... this could be the tanks that are in need of repair.. they do transport via railway...
Cite source.. Coming from "Kiwait" in green Camo?? on the west coast..
There are other explanations that are more believable,, BUT still a huge waste of money..

and historically,, stuff moved elsewhere to a war zone very seldom ever comes back.