PDA

View Full Version : Mitt Romney Profited By $50m In Abortion Business

DamianTV
08-09-2012, 07:59 PM
http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2012/07/romney-bain-abortion-stericycle-sec

Earlier this year, Mitt Romney nearly landed in a politically perilous controversy when the Huffington Post reported that in 1999 the GOP presidential candidate had been part of an investment group that invested $75 million in Stericycle, a medical-waste disposal firm that has been attacked by anti-abortion groups for disposing aborted fetuses collected from family planning clinics. Coming during the heat of the GOP primaries, as Romney tried to sell South Carolina Republicans on his pro-life bona fides, the revelation had the potential to damage the candidate's reputation among values voters already suspicious of his shifting position on abortion.

But Bain Capital, the private equity firm Romney founded, tamped down the controversy. The company said Romney left the firm in February 1999 to run the troubled 2002 Winter Olympics in Salt Lake City and likely had nothing to with the deal. The matter never became a campaign issue. But documents filed by Bain and Stericycle with the Securities and Exchange Commission—and obtained by Mother Jones—list Romney as an active participant in the investment. And this deal helped Stericycle, a company with a poor safety record, grow, while yielding tens of millions of dollars in profits for Romney and his partners. The documents—one of which was signed by Romney—also contradict the official account of Romney's exit from Bain.

(story continues on link)

Mitt Romney will put nothing before Profits, even Prophets.

Note: Mother Jones is not Alex Jones mother...

DamianTV
08-10-2012, 03:10 AM
Bump with a question. Is this why Romney wont release his tax records? Or did he not pay his taxes?

Not saying thats necessarily bad, but in the opinion of the people that all think that everyone has to pay income tax, it reflects poorly. I think he wotn release his taxes to hide his hypocracy of making money by shipping jobs overseas and capitalizing on the suffering of people.

cindy25
08-10-2012, 03:35 AM
he was in business to make money. period.

Nickels
08-10-2012, 03:46 AM
Note: Mother Jones is not Alex Jones mother...

lmao! good one!

Nickels
08-10-2012, 03:48 AM
Bump with a question. Is this why Romney wont release his tax records? Or did he not pay his taxes?

I don't think so. I thought it was 2009-2010 that were the only undisclosed records.

I dislike conspiracy theories, but I am incredibly surprised that not one IRS rat or court is interested in making this public for public interest purposes.

Noob
08-10-2012, 06:13 AM
Now why would any pro life, pro gun Republican vote for him?

shane77m
08-10-2012, 06:34 AM

Because most of them are braindead, "gotta get Obama out", morons.

EBounding
08-10-2012, 07:11 AM

Because

1) They believe he changed his ways :rolleyes:
2) Obama is a Marxist bent on destroying the country. They say they'd take any democrat (like Clinton) over him.

Even if #2 is true (could be), the system still works enough to prevent him from implementing his full agenda.

But obviously, it's much more damaging to the country for Republicans to consent to Romney and the same destructive agenda. Romney and Obama don't worry me. What worries me is the inevitable full-on tyranny as a result of their policies (and others) that that will come in to fill the vacuum once the system collapses.

You don't vote for Obama by not voting for Romney. We're just not consenting to their policies. A lot of people don't see it that way unfortunately.

angelatc
08-10-2012, 07:46 AM

Not saying thats necessarily bad, but in the opinion of the people that all think that everyone has to pay income tax, it reflects poorly. I think he wotn release his taxes to hide his hypocracy of making money by shipping jobs overseas and capitalizing on the suffering of people.

He didn't pay his taxes? The suffering of the people? WTF is wrong with you? The unemployment rate was at historic lows when he was running Bain. "The suffering of the people," my ass.

This is all bullshit. He was doing his job, and he did a good job for the people that hired him.

The same people that are brainwashing you with that liberal chattering-class crap are mysteriously quiet about the fact that GM took their government money and started moving their production facilities offshore too. They want class warfare, and that's why they want Romney to release personal information .

If you want to ask questions, ask how Harry Reid managed to become a millionaire several times over only after he was elected to Washington D.C. And why won't he release his taxes? He's been asked several times.

whippoorwill
08-10-2012, 07:54 AM
lmao! good one!
HA!

whippoorwill
08-10-2012, 07:56 AM
He didn't pay his taxes? The suffering of the people? WTF is wrong with you? The unemployment rate was at historic lows when he was running Bain. "The suffering of the people," my ass.

This is all bullshit. He was doing his job, and he did a good job for the people that hired him.

The same people that are brainwashing you with that liberal chattering-class crap are mysteriously quiet about the fact that GM took their government money and started moving their production facilities offshore too. They want class warfare, and that's why they want Romney to release personal information .

If you want to ask questions, ask how Harry Reid managed to become a millionaire several times over only after he was elected to Washington D.C. And why won't he release his taxes? He's been asked several times.
Indeed, Reid.