PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul WILL Get Speaking Slot @ RNC

Revolution9
08-08-2012, 07:37 PM
"Yesterday Sinclair News tweeted out that sources inside the RNC have told us TX Congressman Ron Paul will in fact have a speaking spot at the convention in Tampa. The source said: “The RNC will have Dr. Paul on stage, there is no way the GOP is going shut out Congressman Paul from a role in the convention. To do so would only make it more difficult for the GOP to unite behind Gov. Romney.” “Those who have accused the RNC of shutting Paul out have jumped to conclusions by assuming the first announcement of speakers was the complete list of scheduled speakers,” the source tells Sinclair News. When pressed for a definitive statement the source stated “Ron Paul will be a speaker at the Republican National Convention in Tampa.”

rest at : http://www.lsnewsgroup.com/2012/08/08/source-tells-sinclair-news-ron-paul-will-speak-rnc-convention/

(http://www.lsnewsgroup.com/2012/08/08/source-tells-sinclair-news-ron-paul-will-speak-rnc-convention/)rev9

kathy88
08-08-2012, 07:39 PM
We want an unedited nomination speech. Fuck the RNC.

RickyJ
Of course he will be a speaker, he is going to be nominated from the floor.

sailingaway
and we'll nominate him from the floor.

--
edit, man, are we one in thought here, or what? ^^^

Cody1
08-08-2012, 07:41 PM
Three speeches then :DD

Scheduled speech, presidential nominee speech, VP speech?

I can dream can't I?

sailingaway
08-08-2012, 07:42 PM
Three speeches then :DD

Scheduled speech, presidential nominee speech, VP speech?

I can dream can't I?

well, at least two.

robertwerden
08-08-2012, 07:42 PM
Ron Pauls RNC speech leaked!

"I accept your nomination"

afwjam
08-08-2012, 07:43 PM
Sounds good :)

ZENemy
08-08-2012, 07:44 PM
MAKE UP YOUR MIND!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Drex
08-08-2012, 07:46 PM
Man this will be good!

Lightweis
08-08-2012, 07:48 PM
PRESIDENT PAUL!

July
08-08-2012, 07:49 PM
Good, good!

Monotaur
08-08-2012, 07:50 PM
Awesome. Everyday I'm finding myself more and more excited for the convention. Not because it will be a Romney-fest, but because I'm hopeful that Ron will be able to give a speech to the entire convention.

Lightweis
08-08-2012, 07:53 PM
Awesome. Everyday I'm finding myself more and more excited for the convention. Not because it will be a Romney-fest, but because I'm hopeful that Ron will be able to give a speech to the entire convention.

I will be waiving my Ron Paul sign there!

VegasPatriot
08-08-2012, 08:09 PM
I will be waiving my Ron Paul sign there!
I will be doing the same... hopefully without any hassles. Did you get a copy of the restricted items? One of the restricted items is non-approved signs. Also restricted... whole fruit. No joke.

sailingaway
08-08-2012, 08:11 PM
I will be doing the same... hopefully without any hassles. Did you get a copy of the restricted items? One of the restricted items is non-approved signs. Also restricted... whole fruit. No joke.

be careful! They took all that stuff from our guys last time. Have a Tshirt though in case you all decide to wear them under your clothes and take off your outer shirt if they turn off mics at voting time or something. (The Goldwater people did something similar, I believe)

although this seems like a friendlier approach, already.

whole fruit? LOL! Vegetables too?

VegasPatriot
08-08-2012, 08:22 PM
be careful! They took all that stuff from our guys last time. Have a Tshirt though in case you all decide to wear them under your clothes and take off your outer shirt if they turn off mics at voting time or something. (The Goldwater people did something similar, I believe)

although this seems like a friendlier approach, already.

whole fruit? LOL! Vegetables too?

Thanks, I'll be careful... and yes we do have contingency plans for signage.:D

No food allowed... I just thought it was funny that they specifically listed whole fruit. I was thinking darn, no tomatoes. Tomatoes a fruit right? :p

muh_roads
08-08-2012, 08:30 PM
Don't celebrate too soon folks...

Updated 5:41PM ET RNC Spokesman James Davis returned SN call for confirmation or denial of reports Dr. Paul will be speaking at RNC at 5:38 PM. Mr. Davis would not confirm nor deny our sources statement that Ron Paul WILL speak at the RNC and stated, “we will be announcing more speakers and our Keynote Speaker in the coming days and weeks.” “Other than what has been announced I have no additional information available at this time,” Davis told Sinclair News.

evilfunnystuff
08-08-2012, 08:35 PM
I just thought it was funny that they specifically listed whole fruit. I was thinking darn, no tomatoes.

http://www.ptcateringonline.com/uploads/IMG_0042.JPG

sailingaway
08-08-2012, 08:36 PM
Don't celebrate too soon folks...

that is just saying he won't confirm or deny, not that the other guy was wrong, only that it wasn't time to release the info. but yeah, we plan to nominate him from the floor, anyhow.

evilfunnystuff, can't you find a bigger picture?

trey4sports
08-08-2012, 08:39 PM
yeah... this could be a CMA type thing. They suppose he will get an unedited nom. speech anyway and they can spin this as them "letting" him speak. They might have even cut a deal with him so he instructs us NOT to nominate him in exchange for a speaking slot.

ronpaulfollower999
08-08-2012, 08:40 PM
I'll believe it when I see it.

What are the chances the networks decide to take an ad break during his slot…

low preference guy
08-08-2012, 08:42 PM

ouch.

Lightweis
08-08-2012, 08:45 PM
They better not take my signs! I will bring extra ones for sure

evilfunnystuff
08-08-2012, 08:48 PM
I suppose I could try. :toady:

JK/SEA
08-08-2012, 09:22 PM
still ain't voting for mitt.....

coffeewithchess
08-08-2012, 09:53 PM
Ron Pauls RNC speech leaked!

"I accept your nomination"

This is the the only acceptable speech, after Mitt Romney hands him the nomination to the shock of everybody.

Forget the VP slot, imagine how rocked everybody would be in the political world if the "presumed" nominee handed the nomination to somebody else...unfortunately, I don't think that's what we're dealing with.

LibertyEagle
08-08-2012, 09:57 PM
Geez, I sure hope so. That would really be wonderful.

But, if they are, why in hell is Romney and the RNC doing everything in their power to kick out Paul delegates?

low preference guy
08-08-2012, 10:05 PM
But, if they are, why in hell is Romney and the RNC doing everything in their power to kick out Paul delegates?

to appease the neocons. /s

trey4sports
08-08-2012, 10:09 PM

Because if they prevent Ron from getting the delegates credentialed then the speech can be on their terms. If Ron has an unedited speech then it will certainly undercut their message.

They might have struck a deal in which Ron doesn't endorse Romney but he also doesn't talk about certain subjects. Seems like something Ron wouldn't exactly go for but it is not out of the question.

LibertyEagle
08-08-2012, 10:14 PM
Because if they prevent Ron from getting the delegates credentialed then the speech can be on their terms. If Ron has an unedited speech then it will certainly undercut their message.

They might have struck a deal in which Ron doesn't endorse Romney but he also doesn't talk about certain subjects. Seems like something Ron wouldn't exactly go for but it is not out of the question.

I doubt he would go for it under those terms. He's already said that he wasn't interested in anything but a speech on his own terms.

CPUd
08-08-2012, 10:54 PM
Yeah, I can picture them handing him a pre-written speech and him marking through most of it with a black sharpie.

sailingaway
08-08-2012, 10:58 PM

many ideas.

1. They are going to try to barter a standard speaking slot INSTEAD of a nominee speech
2. Until the judge made it clear yesterday that he thought there WAS a way to express an action against the RNC for how it runs its delegate selection process, and until the judge grilled the attorney on 'are you really saying you think you can change your rules unilaterally at any time', they were planning to do just that at RNC and now would have the prospect of a judge and court order over their shoulder.... so they now might need to barter rather than throw out....

or whatever. I can imagine many reasons, but I'm just guessing.

sailingaway
08-08-2012, 11:00 PM
Yeah, I can picture them handing him a pre-written speech and him marking through most of it with a black sharpie.

He has made it clear he isn't interested in an EDITED speech, that he wanted the nominee speech because it was unedited.

cstarace
08-08-2012, 11:03 PM
This isn't official yet, so let's temper our expectations somewhat. But if this is true, I'm glad our presence in Tampa will be recognized by the national media, especially with both Pauls speaking.

dillo
08-08-2012, 11:35 PM
whats the over/under on a RP supporter getting tazed at the RNC?

ClydeCoulter
08-08-2012, 11:52 PM
whats the over/under on a RP supporter getting tazed at the RNC?

I think thats why LFRP are trying to get Fed Marshals involved. That would be a "good thing" in this case.

sailingaway
08-08-2012, 11:54 PM
I think thats why LFRP are trying to get Fed Marshals involved. That would be a "good thing" in this case.

I think asking for that remedy emphasizes to the judge that we are talking about physical damage and removal of our delegates. If there is a court order I think the RNC would straighten up, to be honest.

sailingaway
08-09-2012, 12:20 AM
I don't even really want to post this rumor but someone will. All I can say is I can't think of much that would make us hate them more:

http://www.economicpolicyjournal.com/2012/08/ron-paul-to-appear-via-video-at-rnc.html

but if you compare it to the statement:

“The RNC will have Dr. Paul on stage, there is no way the GOP is going shut out Congressman Paul from a role in the convention. To do so would only make it more difficult for the GOP to unite behind Gov. Romney.” “Those who have accused the RNC of shutting Paul out have jumped to conclusions by assuming the first announcement of speakers was the complete list of scheduled speakers,” the source tells Sinclair News. When pressed for a definitive statement the source stated “Ron Paul will be a speaker at the Republican National Convention in Tampa.”

which at least was a known RNC source and not a 'rumor', even if not confirmed officially by the spokesman, it doesn't seem like a video is the plan. Now they might do a video TOO, to woo us, but if they did it INSTEAD, that would just infuriate people.

(.... and if they are going to do a video, AS WELL as his nominee speech, we should do it. Romney's videos suck.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1TM9ionWl4

THEY might not like this one, entirely, but I would....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgsg7a-Ok8Q

RickyJ
08-09-2012, 12:24 AM
I don't even really want to post this rumor but someone will. All I can say is I can't think of much that would make us hate them more:

http://www.economicpolicyjournal.com/2012/08/ron-paul-to-appear-via-video-at-rnc.html

If that is the case it would be good if they run the tribute right before he gives his nomination speech. Why would anyone in their right mind think it would be a tribute to Jesse Benton?

PierzStyx
08-09-2012, 12:31 AM
well, at least two.

THAT is the dream my friend.

PierzStyx
08-09-2012, 12:32 AM

Guess they don't want you throwing crap at Romney when he appears.

Hey you can always sneak in a sign. But if you're fulfilling a role like a delegate or something, don't do it. I'd rather have you on the floor than give those arseholes a reason to boot you from the convention.

freedomordeath
08-09-2012, 03:50 AM
PRESIDENT PAUL PRESIDENT PAUL!!!!!

As for the signs, go CIA on thier ass with secret signage, have a ron paul T-shirt underneath, and the button up shirt you take off becomes a sign.. it will need a special design though with the writing on the inside and folded right with rigid plastic tubing to provide support. Then we light that baby up and turn it into a Ronsteria.

rb3b3
08-09-2012, 06:11 AM
What are the chances Ron has a plurality in 5 states and gets nominated from the floor?? Is it a very very good chance that happens? Or is the people who decide if he has a plurality or not just as corrupt as the entire system and will stop at nothing to make sure ron does not have the 5 states needed?

JacobSzumniak
08-09-2012, 06:15 AM
As of now I believe we have the 5 states needed for nomination but the Romney camp is trying to unseat our delegations! So the next 2 weeks are about keeping our 5 states and maybe just maybe that lawsuit may get us an injunction to unbind the delegates!

Matt Collins
08-09-2012, 06:22 AM
Don't celebrate too soon folks...Is the link in the OP a reputible news source?! :confused:

KEEF
08-09-2012, 06:29 AM
PRESIDENT PAUL PRESIDENT PAUL!!!!!

As for the signs, go CIA on thier ass with secret signage, have a ron paul T-shirt underneath, and the button up shirt you take off becomes a sign.. it will need a special design though with the writing on the inside and folded right with rigid plastic tubing to provide support. Then we light that baby up and turn it into a Ronsteria.

From a couple emails ago from John Tate. Hopefully every one gets one, just not the delegates. Like what PierzStyx said,
I'd rather have you on the floor than give those arseholes a reason to boot you from the convention.

http://c3244172.r72.cf0.rackcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/wpsc/product_images/rprallytshirt.jpg

jbauer
08-09-2012, 08:02 AM
You want somethign denser anyway. Something you can really get a good throw onto.

Thanks, I'll be careful... and yes we do have contingency plans for signage.:D

No food allowed... I just thought it was funny that they specifically listed whole fruit. I was thinking darn, no tomatoes. Tomatoes a fruit right? :p

Revolution9
08-09-2012, 08:11 AM
Is the link in the OP a reputible news source?! :confused:

You mean like FOX or MSNBC? No.. This is the guy who went down on Obama in the limo. He has been a royal pain in the arse to the democrats for a couple of years now and apparently does have good inside sources in the repubs who see him as an ally against a common enemy.

So..just who do YOU consider a credible news source?

Best
Randy

TrishW
08-09-2012, 08:37 AM

Is a tomato a fruit?

trey4sports
08-09-2012, 08:41 AM
i can hear it now..... "President Paul, President Paul, President Paul, President Paul!!""

sailingaway
08-09-2012, 09:02 AM
i can hear it now..... "President Paul, President Paul, President Paul, President Paul!!""

not sure we should talk about saying that -- probably what they least want.

Deinonychus
08-09-2012, 09:03 AM
Is a tomato a fruit?

Yes.

Tiso0770
08-09-2012, 09:04 AM
WOW!!, but is this confirmed?. or is it disinformation?....Have they stopped attacking Ron's delegates?....be careful on this guys.

sailingaway
08-09-2012, 09:04 AM
What are the chances Ron has a plurality in 5 states and gets nominated from the floor?? Is it a very very good chance that happens? Or is the people who decide if he has a plurality or not just as corrupt as the entire system and will stop at nothing to make sure ron does not have the 5 states needed?

No one knows how much they will cheat. He definitely SHOULD have enough states to be nominated from the floor. We won't know until it happens how much they are willing to ignore facts in credentials committee however.

sailingaway
08-09-2012, 09:07 AM
WOW!!, but is this confirmed?. or is it disinformation?....Have they stopped attacking Ron's delegates?....be careful on this guys.

We don't know for sure, obviously. But it sure would be SMARTER for them to not just let him speak but do a tribute video because a lot more Paulian hearts would be softened even though Ron never endorses. They would play up the 'friendly' aspect instead of the 'endorse' aspect and the show would be that we are all in the same family and Ron is valued, not shut Ron out and leave his supporters spreading videos about cheating in state conventions continuously between RNC and November.

That would be a much stronger position for them.

But if the video were to try to excuse NOT letting him speak it would be gasoline on the fire.

Tiso0770
08-09-2012, 09:37 AM
But if the video were to try to excuse NOT letting him speak it would be gasoline on the fire.

You got that right. I thought it was out of common respect for the GOP to allow all parties to have a speaking slot regardless if they folded or not....I'll keep a lookout for more on this.

thatpeculiarcat
08-09-2012, 09:43 AM
Most everyone here is really sure that Ron will get a speech. They (RNC) haven't played by their own rules this whole entire time and I'm shocked to see so many people so sure of something anymore.

I doubt the fact that we have 5+ states even matters at this point...Paul's name might as well fall on deaf ears like it did the last convention.

I wish I could be as sure as you guys.

sailingaway
08-09-2012, 09:55 AM
Most everyone here is really sure that Ron will get a speech. They (RNC) haven't played by their own rules this whole entire time and I'm shocked to see so many people so sure of something anymore.

I doubt the fact that we have 5+ states even matters at this point...Paul's name might as well fall on deaf ears like it did the last convention.

I wish I could be as sure as you guys.

We are sure he SHOULD get it and it will be blatant if he doesn't, and that they will regret it if they cheat that blatantly. That is all we are sure of.

The tribute video is a rumor, but ALONG with a speech would actually be a very good idea for the RNC to do.

Mind you, I am sure it would play AFTER the ballot vote.... :p

Okie RP fan
08-09-2012, 10:41 AM
To do so would only make it more difficult for the GOP to unite behind Gov. Romney. Those who have accused the RNC of shutting Paul out have jumped to conclusions by assuming the first announcement of speakers was the complete list of scheduled speakers...

Mhmm...

Most of us will not be "uniting" behind Obama LITE (Mitt Romney). To do so would shatter the foundation we have stood upon since 2007. To do so would make us all look like the biggest hypocrites to grace the American political landscape, in my opinion.

Lastly, they (the media and the GOP) attempted to hold Dr. Paul out of debates in 2007, kept his talking time to disgraceful measures all throughout the 2012 debates, and have ridiculed him and us from the outset.

Thanks, GOP establishment, but, no thanks.

All Paul delegates need to be at the convention no matter what.
NO ONE BUT PAUL.

truthspeaker
08-09-2012, 10:50 AM
"Yesterday Sinclair News tweeted out that sources inside the RNC have told us TX Congressman Ron Paul will in fact have a speaking spot at the convention in Tampa. The source said: “The RNC will have Dr. Paul on stage, there is no way the GOP is going shut out Congressman Paul from a role in the convention. To do so would only make it more difficult for the GOP to unite behind Gov. Romney.” “Those who have accused the RNC of shutting Paul out have jumped to conclusions by assuming the first announcement of speakers was the complete list of scheduled speakers,” the source tells Sinclair News. When pressed for a definitive statement the source stated “Ron Paul will be a speaker at the Republican National Convention in Tampa.”

rest at : http://www.lsnewsgroup.com/2012/08/08/source-tells-sinclair-news-ron-paul-will-speak-rnc-convention/

(http://www.lsnewsgroup.com/2012/08/08/source-tells-sinclair-news-ron-paul-will-speak-rnc-convention/)rev9

Sounds like the Twitter outreach strategy worked. Awesome work y'all.

satchelmcqueen
08-09-2012, 02:09 PM
i bet they will have "technical difficulties" or a mic will suddenly turn to be bad.
I'll believe it when I see it.

What are the chances the networks decide to take an ad break during his slot…

puppetmaster
08-09-2012, 02:47 PM
They will perform their false flag BS during his scheduled time IF he gets one.

Theodore
08-09-2012, 03:23 PM
Ron Paul should demand an early prime time evening slot for speaking and not be diverted by lame excuses by the RNC committee. His commited state delegates should vehemently back him up by threatening a boycott of the convention (or even a walkout). The RNC would then be shamed on the spot in front of the entire viewing audience.

Teenager For Ron Paul
08-09-2012, 06:14 PM
If RP is nominated, whose Wikipedia page should we edit the most?

sailingaway
08-09-2012, 07:30 PM
Ron Paul should demand an early prime time evening slot for speaking and not be diverted by lame excuses by the RNC committee. His commited state delegates should vehemently back him up by threatening a boycott of the convention (or even a walkout). The RNC would then be shamed on the spot in front of the entire viewing audience.

I think we know enough about conventions by now to know if we leave those who remain get to run roughshod. I think that wouldn't be really helpful on any of our points.