PDA

View Full Version : Out of the Closet...

Caravaggio
11-18-2007, 01:24 AM
I have to admit I've been a lurker for some time. I've read thousands of threads, news articles, and youtube videos. I am now convinced. You have convinced me. One of the threads I recently read, implied that perhaps there should be a thread with regard to what "I have done today for the campaign". I pondered this most of the day today. My wife kept asking me, "what's wrong with you today? Are you ok?" It became clear to me that I must act. That I must act consistently, intelligently and with vigor. Today, I joined your ranks.

Today I:

-Donated to the campaign. I will give the remainder of my maximum on the 16th.
-Skyped the links to Ron Paul Videos to 5 close friends and had meaningful discussions with each of them. I am convinced I can persuade them all. I commit to reaching out to friends and colleagues each day.
-Wrote 3 emails to Marines
-Picked up 50 Slim Jims from a colleague. I need to order some.

Tomorrow I will staple a dollar bill to each slim jim, and head for the mall. I will ask each person who seems open of new ideas to take the dollar, if each will simply read the contents of the slim jim and not just throw it out. (Yes, I can hear the jokes about a dollar not being what it used to be!) But maybe it will make a statement. I'll also ask them to get online and read something about Dr. Paul and view a video online.

I'd like to thank you all for your discourse, intelligence, humor and information. Please allow me to lurk from time to time. I need to come here for inspiration.

To Grassroot action! Dr. Paul 2008!

goRPaul
11-18-2007, 01:26 AM
Welcome aboard!

Ozwest
11-18-2007, 01:27 AM
Welcome aboard! You're life is now consumed (in a good way).

ghemminger
Welcome - I needed that! We need you in everyway possible. New waves of support will be the only thing that pushes this over the edge!

garrettwombat
and thank you for jumping into the grassroots movement, and welcome to the forums!

JaylieWoW
11-18-2007, 01:29 AM
WoW!!!

Tomorrow I will staple a dollar bill to each slim jim, and head for the mall. I will ask each person who seems open of new ideas to take the dollar, if each will simply read the contents of the slim jim and not just throw it out. (Yes, I can hear the jokes about a dollar not being what it used to be!) But maybe it will make a statement. I'll also ask them to get online and read something about Dr. Paul and view a video online.

Man, if I had the money I'd follow you on that idea, that's mah-velous!

Anyone noticed that these posts are beginning to increase in frequency!

Welcome to the ranks sir, you've joined us just in time for a bumpy ride!

Zydeco
11-18-2007, 01:29 AM
Caravaggio --

Welcome to the cult!

You will be in the company of ~70% of your countrymen by next fall.

OptionsTrader
11-18-2007, 01:30 AM
A great idea stapling a $1 Federal Reserve Note to Slim Jims.

Absolutely awesome idea.

Midnight77
Welcome to the Ron Paul Forums. All of the above that you are participating in is truly doing the best thing you can possibly do for your country. Congratulations for your Maximum Campaign Contribution. The 16th is going to be huge.

0zzy
Thank you Thank you Thank you!
You do more than me,
but I don't drive and I'm only 17 and all my friends care less about politics and call me a kook for talking about Paul so much and a loser for thinking politics is interesting.

:[

dircha
Welcome aboard!

If we are to be successful, the next month and a half of the campaign will be extremely exciting. You've picked an excellent time to start pitching in!

Ron Paul Fan
Welcome Carravagio and thank you for joining the revolution! We need more people like you in this campaign! You are a true patriot and champion of liberty. This forum is the lifeblood of the grassroots campaign and it's people like me and you that keep it afloat. Be sure and subscribe to the Tea Party on December 16th and welcome aboard, no pun intended.

Jojo
11-18-2007, 01:31 AM
Thank you and a warm welcome! Enjoy the healthiest addiction you could ever have...:)

kylejack
11-18-2007, 01:31 AM
Welcome aboard. Now help us throw this tea in the sea, would you?

garrettwombat
11-18-2007, 01:32 AM
yeah that is a great idea to staple slim jims to dollars, i always stamp my dollars with "ron paul 2008" on them... but now anytime i leave a tip or something of that sort i will be stapling a slim jim to it... i hope the new tip tax slim jims come out soon.

Revolution9
11-18-2007, 01:32 AM
I have to admit I've been a lurker for some time. I've read thousands of threads, news articles, and youtube videos. I am now convinced. You have convinced me. One of the threads I recently read, implied that perhaps there should be a thread with regard to what "I have done today for the campaign". I pondered this most of the day today. My wife kept asking me, "what's wrong with you today? Are you ok?" It became clear to me that I must act. That I must act consistently, intelligently and with vigor. Today, I joined your ranks.

Today I:

-Skyped the links to Ron Paul Videos to 5 close friends and had meaningful discussions with each of them. I am convinced I can persuade them all. I commit to reaching out to friends and colleagues each day.

I'd like to thank you all for your discourse, intelligence, humor and information. Please allow me to lurk from time to time. I need to come here for inspiration.

To Grassroot action! Dr. Paul 2008!

Caravaggio was one bad assed painter of reality with all of its beauty and flaws.

Welcome aboard.. That was a funny intro:)

Best Regards
Randy

alien
11-18-2007, 01:34 AM
good job! you will be rewarded!

Anti Federalist
11-18-2007, 02:01 AM
Welcome aboard.

You have immersed yourself in the Ronslaught of information warfare, you have taken the red pill, nothing from here on out will appear the same.

And you'll love every second of it, you'll find yourself connected to the spirits of some of the greatest men and women who have ever walked God's green earth.

speciallyblend
11-18-2007, 02:42 AM
Welcome aboard,now get all your faimly involved and friends and make strangers your friends:)
Great First Post,keep up the great work. I'm doing the best i can in colorado,glad to have you aboard;) peace Kenny Griffin A RON PAUL REPUBLICAN Colorado Mtns

Voice
11-18-2007, 02:44 AM
Welcome:)

Paulitician
11-18-2007, 04:31 AM
You're a great patriot!

Just Come Home
11-18-2007, 05:18 AM
You do more than me,
but I don't drive and I'm only 17 and all my friends care less about politics and call me a kook for talking about Paul so much and a loser for thinking politics is interesting.

That's because they don't understand the stakes of our times. If we bomb Iran, the odds that you and your friends will be drafted shoot up considerably. There's only one candidate that I trust not to bomb Iran right now.

lastnymleft
11-18-2007, 05:34 AM
That's because they don't understand the stakes of our times. If we bomb Iran, the odds that you and your friends will be drafted shoot up considerably. There's only one candidate that I trust not to bomb Iran right now.

" Selective Service would provide manpower to the military by conducting a draft using a list of young men's names gathered through the Selective Service registration process. Virtually all men - ages 18 through 25 - must register. Only if there is high compliance with this law, will a future draft be fair and equitable. The obligation of a man to register is imposed by the Military Selective Service Act, which establishes and governs the operations of the Selective Service System. "
http://www.sss.gov/

In the last year or two, they've been reconstituting the local boards that decide whether individuals can get deferments or not.

Scary.

lastnymleft
11-18-2007, 05:45 AM
Today I:

Wow! Way to come out!! You've set yourself a high-bar - something we can all aspire to emulate, and work to do daily. We do it because we must.

Great idea! Definitely stamp/write on them first. (on the border - we don't want to come across as vandals.) Then the dollar you give out will keep on passing the message many times-fold.

Benaiah
11-18-2007, 05:53 AM
Tomorrow I will staple a dollar bill to each slim jim, and head for the mall. I will ask each person who seems open of new ideas to take the dollar, if each will simply read the contents of the slim jim and not just throw it out. (Yes, I can hear the jokes about a dollar not being what it used to be!)

That is the best idea I've hear in a LONG TIME (which is a week or two around here). I'm going to try that one out for sure.

constituent
11-18-2007, 05:56 AM

Man from La Mancha
11-18-2007, 06:03 AM
Oh no, your now a Ron Paul junkie and there is no cure, watch out you will feel good and get a high every time you convert some one to Ron or meet a another junkie.

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/9435/blackwsmallyh7.gif (teaparty07.com)..http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/8947/brighton7gs5.gif (teaparty07.com)..copy,paste,linked to teaparty07.com , either one, only 1 million people at $100

freelance
11-18-2007, 06:40 AM
Tomorrow I will staple a dollar bill to each slim jim, and head for the mall.

Welcome aboard. I think this might be just the ticket for a Black Friday promo nationwide. I think it's brilliant. Talk about cheap advertising!

entropy
11-18-2007, 08:28 AM
we have been expecting you, come on in!

krott5333
11-18-2007, 08:39 AM
great post. welcome.

"Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

Adamsa
11-18-2007, 08:56 AM
You are a patriot Caravaggio.

disciple
11-18-2007, 09:05 AM
Stamp Ron paul on each dollar for a latent effect.

BillyDkid
11-18-2007, 09:22 AM
It is so great to have you here! It's so exciting to more "Ronbots" and "spammers" join our ranks. Thanks for what you are doing.

Slist
11-24-2007, 05:11 AM
Have you tried this one-dollar action? Did it work well??

I'm bumping this because it seems like a good idea..

Menthol Patch
11-24-2007, 05:22 AM
Welcome!

sharedvoice
11-24-2007, 05:25 AM
Now you are a terrorist -- Glenn Beck

skeet
11-24-2007, 05:52 AM
It seems that you are also suffering from ROCD (Revloution Obsessive Compulsive Disorder) which is usually caused by chronic OCG (out of control government)

We here at Ron Paul Forums are like a big support group and all have discovered a cure for our illness - Liberty therapy. LT,Combined with a strong Constitution, can not only cure those suffering from ROCD and OCG it can become a recipe for a lifetime of freedom that you can not only share with others, but pass to your children as well. Our physician highly recommends this treatment. If you wish to seek treatment, please contact:

Dr. Ron Paul.
at www.ronpaul2008.com

p.s. This treatment can also cure apathy and disillusion. I highly recommend it.
Skeet.

TheEvilDetector
11-24-2007, 06:38 AM
Welcome to Ron Paul Land.

:)

thehittgirl
11-24-2007, 06:46 AM
You do more than me,

Another smart young one! You do more than you realize....

Keep pluggin. When they see more enthusiasm around them, they'll come around. I have a few family members who are coming around. Some who think I'm a kook. Oh well, nothing new with me. :D

Kingfisher
11-24-2007, 06:52 AM
Excellent. Welcome

CurtisLow
11-24-2007, 12:06 PM
My wife kept asking me, "what's wrong with you today?

I know what you mean... It is a wake up call and I'm sure we as Ron Paul supporters feel the strain of what our government is doing to our country and freedoms.

Welcome to the forums as a member and glad to have you on board!

tnvoter
11-24-2007, 12:24 PM
Welcome, Sir.

Keith
11-24-2007, 12:34 PM
Welcome to the revolution!

jake
11-24-2007, 12:39 PM
You do more than me,

write a piece on Paul for your highschool newspaper

piotr1
11-24-2007, 12:46 PM
You are now officially a terrorist according to glenn beck. lolz Welcome! 8)

AdoubleR
11-24-2007, 12:53 PM
Why'd you come out of the closet? You're ideas are kick-ass and way better than mine! (My way of saying: Welcome and THANK YOU for joining us!)

Arklatex
11-24-2007, 12:58 PM
Welcome true patriot of the United States. Welcome.

ClockwiseSpark
11-24-2007, 01:16 PM
Welcome to the rEVOLution!

navi
11-24-2007, 01:49 PM
Awesome!