PDA

View Full Version : Sunday + Walmart + Slim Jim = Christian awareness

Benaiah
11-18-2007, 12:46 AM
If you want to get the word out to Christians, simply go to Walmart on Sunday afternoons and hand out the Pro Life Slim Jims. As an uber-committed church goer, I can tell you with confidence that Christians flock to Walmart after church. This works especially well in small worthless towns where there is nothing to do-- you know, the type of towns where people go to Walmart for fun because there is nothing else to going on.

kylejack
11-18-2007, 12:47 AM
That might get you banned from the property. Not sure how you feel about being able to go back to Walmart. ;)

Benaiah
11-18-2007, 12:50 AM
Guess I would miss that disgusting meat and produce that they sell.

DXDoug
11-18-2007, 01:40 AM
Yeah, WalMart = Evil Corporation!

beware...

ValidusCustodiae
11-18-2007, 01:53 AM
Actually it depends on the particular store.

*MOST* of them have disclaimers inside the store apologizing to customers for any literature they may have been given, that they did not ask for the literature to be handed out, but they have decided as store policy not to try to stop it. In other words, Wal-mart permits it. (I know, I was surprised too)

K-Mart, on the other hand, I'm pretty sure all of them have a no-solicitation or distribution of literature on premises notice.

kylejack
11-18-2007, 01:55 AM
*MOST* of them have disclaimers inside the store apologizing to customers for any literature they may have been given, that they did not ask for the literature to be handed out, but they have decided as store policy not to try to stop it. In other words, Wal-mart permits it. (I know, I was surprised too)Citation. My local Wal-Mart has a sign on the door prohibiting solicitation.

derdy
11-18-2007, 02:02 AM
If you want to get the word out to Christians, simply go to Walmart on Sunday afternoons and hand out the Pro Life Slim Jims. As an uber-committed church goer, I can tell you with confidence that Christians flock to Walmart after church. This works especially well in small worthless towns where there is nothing to do-- you know, the type of towns where people go to Walmart for fun because there is nothing else to going on.

Church and Walmart don't make my stomach set right!:D

<-------------Atheist and Walmart boycotter

Benaiah
11-18-2007, 02:26 AM
Citation. My local Wal-Mart has a sign on the door prohibiting solicitation.

I thought it's only soliciting if you're selling something?

I go door-knocking for my church and still knock if they have a "no soliciting" sign up and have never gotten in trouble. The second they tell me to leave, or even appear agitated, I leave.

derdy
11-18-2007, 02:33 AM
I thought it's only soliciting if you're selling something?

I go door-knocking for my church and still knock if they have a "no soliciting" sign up and have never gotten in trouble. The second they tell me to leave, or even appear agitated, I leave.

Solicitation is asking for donations or what not. Handing out information for someone w/o mention of monies is the opposite of solicitation. :)

82ndVET4RP
11-18-2007, 02:36 AM
Christian vote is split and Ron Paul will take a piece of the pie.

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/articles/2007/11/18/new_concerns_crack_unity_of_religious_right/

kylejack
11-18-2007, 02:39 AM
Solicitation is asking for donations or what not. Handing out information for someone w/o mention of monies is the opposite of solicitation. :)

No, its more specific. "Solicitation or any distribution of handbills, literature, or other material is prohibited on these premises"

derdy
11-18-2007, 02:41 AM
No, its more specific. "Solicitation or any distribution of handbills, literature, or other material is prohibited on these premises"

According to your above quote 'Solicitation' is a seperate object from the enumeration following, 'or any distribution'.

So, while your quote is more specific it doesn't redefine 'solicitation'/ :D

kylejack
11-18-2007, 02:57 AM
According to your above quote 'Solicitation' is a seperate object from the enumeration following, 'or any distribution'.

So, while your quote is more specific it doesn't redefine 'solicitation'/ :D

Skirting the language isn't going to prevent them from banning you from the property, so your exhaustive approach to the specific language is pretty pointless.

derdy
11-18-2007, 03:08 AM
Skirting the language isn't going to prevent them from banning you from the property, so your exhaustive approach to the specific language is pretty pointless.

Unless, of course, when you speak directly to those that are applying such language where it's unneccassary and/or inappropriate. Understanding a definition and municipal code is essential for planting the seed of liberty. ;)