PDA

View Full Version : Colin Powell, Romney VP?

No Free Beer
08-07-2012, 09:55 AM
Hey guys,

I was just wondering if you all think this could be a possibility. I know that Powell has trashed Romney and his foreign policy team recently, but we also all know Romney, who represents everything that is wrong with American politics, will do anything he can to win the White House.

I am of the opinion that Romney either needs to get a Tea Partier on board, or a foreign policy expert to balance out his ticket.

Powell has earned a lot respect from the left and the right. He is also rather popular among independents.

Not to mention, Powell is a black man and is open to compromise.

I do know that he said he is finished with politics, but how power can change people's minds.

I you think about it, no one is talking about him.

What do you think?

Let me know.

- NFB

BSU kid
08-07-2012, 10:17 AM
I'm pretty sure Powell voted for Obama, even endorsed him in '08 but I could be wrong about that. Either way he is way to liberal for Neo-Cons like Romney Supporters.

If Romney picks an African American VP it would probably be a JC Watts or Tim Scott who both have greater neocon appeal. JMO

realtonygoodwin
08-07-2012, 10:25 AM
Also, Colin Powell is pro-choice. Political suicide for Romney.

Petraeus is more likely, but still not very likely. Though Obama seems to think Romney wants Petraeus.

ShaneEnochs
08-07-2012, 10:39 AM
I don't think Powell is particularly interested in holding office these days.

Acala
08-07-2012, 11:04 AM
I just checked and found that I really could not care less about which puppet mittens chooses to join the next act of Punch and Judy. Really. Unless he chooses a Sasquatch or an extra-terrestrial it is a non-event.

Athan
08-07-2012, 11:26 AM
Just wanted to point out. A lot of us don't give a **** who his VP is. No offense to you OP nor am I trying to troll you. I just want to point out that it really wouldn't matter as long as Romney is cheating and stealing delegates.

John F Kennedy III
08-07-2012, 11:33 AM
I don't think Powell is particularly interested in holding office these days.

Not after getting thrown under the bus like that.

pcosmar
08-07-2012, 11:46 AM
Doesn't Romney need to be elected by the delegates to the convention first.. ?

or did that happen already?

bolil
08-07-2012, 11:54 AM
Happened about six months ago when he won the tryout.

cindy25
08-07-2012, 08:14 PM
won't happen:
1) pro-choice
2) age
3) Alma would veto it

cindy25
08-07-2012, 08:16 PM
Just wanted to point out. A lot of us don't give a **** who his VP is. No offense to you OP nor am I trying to troll you. I just want to point out that it really wouldn't matter as long as Romney is cheating and stealing delegates.

even if he picks Rand?

Athan
08-08-2012, 11:33 AM
Even if he picks Rand. The cheating and stealing crossed the line.