PDA

View Full Version : Get a pregnancy test or get kicked out of high school

dillo
08-06-2012, 09:34 PM
http://www.aclu.org/blog/reproductive-freedom-womens-rights/get-tested-or-get-out-school-forces-pregnancy-tests-girls

In a Louisiana public school, female students who are suspected of being pregnant are told that they must take a pregnancy test. Under school policy, those who are pregnant or refuse to take the test are kicked out and forced to undergo home schooling.

Welcome to Delhi Charter School, in Delhi, Louisiana, a school of 600 students that does not believe its female students have a right to education free from discrimination. According to its Student Pregnancy Policy, the school has a right to not only force testing upon girls, but to send them to a physician of the school administration’s choice. A positive test result, or failure to take the test at all, means administrators can forbid a girl from taking classes and force her to pursue a course of home study if she wishes to continue her education with the school.

Danke
08-06-2012, 09:37 PM
Why not wait until the belly is big?

pcgame
08-06-2012, 10:01 PM

tttppp
08-06-2012, 10:02 PM
http://www.aclu.org/blog/reproductive-freedom-womens-rights/get-tested-or-get-out-school-forces-pregnancy-tests-girls

In a Louisiana public school, female students who are suspected of being pregnant are told that they must take a pregnancy test. Under school policy, those who are pregnant or refuse to take the test are kicked out and forced to undergo home schooling.

Welcome to Delhi Charter School, in Delhi, Louisiana, a school of 600 students that does not believe its female students have a right to education free from discrimination. According to its Student Pregnancy Policy, the school has a right to not only force testing upon girls, but to send them to a physician of the school administration’s choice. A positive test result, or failure to take the test at all, means administrators can forbid a girl from taking classes and force her to pursue a course of home study if she wishes to continue her education with the school.

Is that supposed to be a punishment? Home schooling instead of high school is a reward, not punishment.

Nickels
08-06-2012, 10:24 PM
homeschooling is actually better though

not if you're an equal entitlement liberal

Sullivan*
08-07-2012, 12:36 AM
Is that supposed to be a punishment? Home schooling instead of high school is a reward, not punishment.
It's a punishment for the parents who haven't prepared to shoulder both the costs and responsibilities homeschooling implies. They're used to doling out $100 every fall and throwing their kids into those hellholes.

tttppp
08-07-2012, 12:54 AM
It's a punishment for the parents who haven't prepared to shoulder both the costs and responsibilities homeschooling implies. They're used to doling out $100 every fall and throwing their kids into those hellholes.

This is high school, not kindergarden. Spend a couple hundred dollars on text books and have your kids read and study them. They will be better off than the kids who have to spend all day with teachers that just waste their time and don't allow kids enough time to study.

Sullivan*
08-08-2012, 03:03 AM
This is high school, not kindergarden. Spend a couple hundred dollars on text books and have your kids read and study them. They will be better off than the kids who have to spend all day with teachers that just waste their time and don't allow kids enough time to study.
I'm no expert on homeschooling, but it seems to me you have to actually BE there to TEACH your children. Can't just leave em at home alone with a bunch of books, and hiring a tutor to do it for you is the cost part.

Philhelm
08-08-2012, 07:46 AM
Why not wait until the belly is big?

What if she's just fat?

Danke
08-08-2012, 08:32 AM
What if she's just fat?

Kick her out.

Agorism
08-08-2012, 08:42 AM
Maybe it encourages abortion?

roho76
08-08-2012, 08:46 AM
homeschooling is actually better though

Yeah, it sounds like it's just going to work itself out. For the better, even.

What if she's just fat?

Kick her out.

I'm sure this is a provision in the new health care mandate on page 14, 976 that nobody has come across yet. They will kick you out of school for being fat and then they will arrest you for truancy. Then you get your real education in theft and murder so when you get out you can become a politician.

pcosmar
08-08-2012, 09:05 AM
kicked out and forced to undergo home schooling.

???

specsaregood
08-08-2012, 09:06 AM

How many kids you have successfully homeschooled?

pcosmar
08-08-2012, 09:08 AM

Not directed to me.. and I haven't..
But I have known quite a lot of High School Graduates. ;)

I have a GED.

oyarde
08-08-2012, 09:26 AM
What is supposed to be the purpose of this ?? Sounds nuts to me .....

specsaregood
08-08-2012, 09:32 AM
What is supposed to be the purpose of this ?? Sounds nuts to me .....

From a liability standpoint they might not want pregnant girls to participate in some sports, gym class or other possibly dangerous activities?

oyarde
08-08-2012, 09:37 AM
From a liability standpoint they might not want pregnant girls to participate in some sports, gym class or other possibly dangerous activities? I had not even thought of that,that may be it , wonder if they have been hit already and this is the reaction ?

specsaregood
08-08-2012, 09:42 AM
I had not even thought of that,that may be it , wonder if they have been hit already and this is the reaction ?

In the modern era I've found that the majority of this crap is due to liability issues.

pcosmar
08-08-2012, 09:51 AM
In the modern era I've found that the majority of this crap is due to liability issues.

My observation as well..
And perhaps that is what needs to be addressed.

Perhaps even the very definition of Liability.

tttppp
08-08-2012, 10:23 AM

None, but as I have stated before, kids (especially high schoolers) are more that capable of a college like program where they spend the majority of their time reading and studying on their own. I've graduated high school and college and masters, and believe me the majority of time spent in high school is waste. I would have been much better off if my parents just handed me text books and told me to learn it.

shane77m
08-08-2012, 10:34 AM
Don't they know that you never ask a woman if she is pregnant.

oyarde
08-08-2012, 10:45 AM
What if they all get preg and refuse , will the taxpayers get a fifty percen refund , or will the High Schools just be boy schools :)

John F Kennedy III
08-09-2012, 04:48 PM
Louisiana Charter School Forces Girls To Take Pregnancy Tests

Lisa Flam
Today.com
August 8, 2012
Calling a charter school’s policy on pregnant students illegal, Louisiana education officials will require the Delhi Charter School to drop its classroom ban on pregnant students and the ability to mandate pregnancy tests for students suspected of being pregnant.
The state-funded school in Delhi, La., says in its “Student Pregnancy Policy” that pregnant girls should leave school or study at home.
The American Civil Liberties Union of Louisiana brought attention to the policy on Monday, calling on the school to drop the rule or face legal action. By Tuesday evening, state officials agreed that the policy violated federal law.

rest of article here:
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/48554183/ns/today-back_to_school/#.UCLPNKOTSfQ