PDA

View Full Version : Honor America's Veterans Act = PC censorship bill targeted at WBC

Nickels
08-06-2012, 08:48 PM
This new law will ban protests at military funerals if it's within 300 feet, or 2 hours before/after the ceremony.

http://www.ajc.com/news/nation-world/obama-signs-bill-for-1492369.html

James Madison
08-06-2012, 08:56 PM
So, it's ok to protest the funerals of civilians but not military? I wonder what happens if they've been out of the service for several decades? How is this equal protection of law?

Also, anyone find it ironic that Congress is pushing this legislation through the House and Senate, despite having the power to eliminate all US military deaths by simply ending the wars?

Nickels
08-06-2012, 09:08 PM
So, it's ok to protest the funerals of civilians but not military? I wonder what happens if they've been out of the service for several decades? How is this equal protection of law?

Also, anyone find it ironic that Congress is pushing this legislation through the House and Senate, despite having the power to eliminate all US military deaths by simply ending the wars?

Good question, "military funerals" probably limit them to people who died in service, and/or have a substantial audience which are military members.

I'm not sure Congress wants to eliminate US military deaths, but yeah, if they did, that would be logical.

Feeding the Abscess
08-06-2012, 09:20 PM
Still no vote record for the Senate, but it was passed unanimously in the House. Ron was in New Hampshire giving his announcement speech that day. Amash voted for it.

Pericles
08-06-2012, 09:46 PM
If they really wanted to honor me, they could give me a M2 machine gun.