PDA

View Full Version : I saw TV Ad #4 Tonight

Geronimo
11-18-2007, 12:10 AM
I was watching a rebroadcast of the Democratic debate on CNN, and lo and behold they aired a Ron Paul commercial that I haven't seen before. At first I thought that maybe it wasn't paid for by the campaign (because it had an element of cheesiness to it) ..but as it turns out it was paid for by Ron Paul PCC, and it even had Ron's verbal seal of approval.

No, I didn't youtube it.
And yes, it did happen.

I'd be willing to bet that it shows up on youtube in the next few days.

dircha
11-18-2007, 12:12 AM
What was it about?

Was the message good?

He's catchin' on I'm tellin' ya!

garrettwombat
11-18-2007, 12:19 AM
did it stress that the man is a docter and he really understands the healthcare mess?

0zzy
11-18-2007, 12:19 AM
Cheesy? During a democratic debate? :X
what was it about indeed.

kylejack
11-18-2007, 12:21 AM
It wasn't the one about "no national ID card and no invasion of privacy"? Describe it.

Geronimo
11-18-2007, 12:30 AM
It wasn't the one about "no national ID card and no invasion of privacy"? Describe it.

No, it wasn't the no national ID card/invasion of privacy one.

To be honest the democrats had me put half to sleep so a lot of the content of the commercial didn't really sink in.

garrettwombat
11-18-2007, 12:31 AM
ehhh...

0zzy
11-18-2007, 12:41 AM
Must be a bad commercial if even a Paul supporter didnt know what it was about :\

kylejack
11-18-2007, 12:42 AM

To be honest the democrats had me put half to sleep so a lot of the content of the commercial didn't really sink in.
You've told us nothing about the commercial. Is it Dr. Paul speaking to the camera? Is it supporters talking about him? Can you remember anything it mentions?

Geronimo
11-18-2007, 12:42 AM
Sorry. Next time I'll take notes.

Lord Xar
11-18-2007, 12:44 AM
Geronimo.. hahha.. c'mon.. I mean, its like saying "I saw a shooting tonight" and thats it..

I mean, how about..

"It showed Ron Paul standing in front of a forest talking about the REAL ID act and etc..."

or

"It showed some people sittting at a talble talking about the economoy and how ron paul is the only choice...etc.."

I mean, you don't remember ANY OF IT?

garrettwombat
11-18-2007, 12:45 AM
maybe you were put to sleep by the democrats and dreamed about it.

dircha
11-18-2007, 12:46 AM
Perhaps you were hypnotized by Hillary's diamonds?

garrettwombat
11-18-2007, 12:47 AM
ah yes.. the diamonds and pearls???

bomybomy
11-18-2007, 12:50 AM

Ha ha....I fell asleep watching the original.

It was like I had a bad dream and kept hearing the words "healthcare and social security" over and over and over and over....

Phenom24
11-18-2007, 12:54 AM
LOL Maybe you ought to rename the thread...

"I didn't see anything - nothing to see here - please move along..."

:)

Geronimo
11-18-2007, 12:58 AM
You've told us nothing about the commercial. Is it Dr. Paul speaking to the camera? Is it supporters talking about him? Can you remember anything it mentions?

It wasn't Dr. Paul talking in front of the Constitution backdrop like in #'s 2 and 3. It was a bunch of different screen shots. A picture of him as a boy. One of him in his Air Force photo. A ton of people waving signs. Like I said, I was half asleep so I don't remember exactly what was said, or everything I saw. I'm sure I'll see it again. I'll update this thread when I do. Sorry for not having all the details. I just thought that you all had the right to know that the fourth commercial was being aired.

kylejack
11-18-2007, 01:00 AM
Much better! Now this thread has forum-cred! :cool:

0zzy
11-18-2007, 01:18 AM
It wasn't Dr. Paul talking in front of the Constitution backdrop like in #'s 2 and 3. It was a bunch of different screen shots. A picture of him as a boy. One of him in his Air Force photo. A ton of people waving signs. Like I said, I was half asleep so I don't remember exactly what was said, or everything I saw. I'm sure I'll see it again. I'll update this thread when I do. Sorry for not having all the details. I just thought that you all had the right to know that the fourth commercial was being aired.

Much much better indeed!

This is a good approach I was looking for from the campaign. The usual old shots of him as a boy and when in the Air Force, hopefully him shaking hands with Reagan too, and then the show of all his supporters (hopefully from the Philly rally),etc etc. im excited to see it!

Karsten
11-18-2007, 01:20 AM

DreamTube or it didn't happen.

Geronimo
11-18-2007, 01:36 AM
DreamTube or it didn't happen.

Dreamtube (http://www.ebait.com/hotfeatured2.asp)

What were you expecting? Rick Roll?

:D

LizF
11-18-2007, 07:34 AM

I saw that same ad too during ER, which aired Thursday night on a Boston channel.

I agree that it was really well done / looked professional -- so much so that I even thought it might not be from the official campaign. :eek: :p However "paid for by RonPaul2000" was shown, and the ad ended w/RP approving the message.

Though I'm not 100% sure, I believe it was similar in content to what was said during the 1st radio ad we heard, with the voiceover.

inibo
11-18-2007, 08:13 AM
Rick Roll or it didn't happen. :D

Brinck Slattery
11-18-2007, 09:48 AM
I saw that same ad too during ER, which aired Thursday night on a Boston channel.

I agree that it was really well done / looked professional -- so much so that I even thought it might not be from the official campaign. :eek: :p However "paid for by RonPaul2000" was shown, and the ad ended w/RP approving the message.

Though I'm not 100% sure, I believe it was similar in content to what was said during the 1st radio ad we heard, with the voiceover.

uh, if it was Ron Paul 2000, then maybe it's some sort of time-traveled ad from a pre-9/11 world :D

LizF
11-18-2007, 08:54 PM
uh, if it was Ron Paul 2000, then maybe it's some sort of time-traveled ad from a pre-9/11 world :D

Oops...sorry about that! :eek: :o :p

Probably subconscious wishful thinking on my part! Imagine what things would look like after 6+ years of a Ron Paul presidency.