PDA

View Full Version : The Sikh Shooting: DoJ and FBI Warned of Planned Terror Attack in April

John F Kennedy III
08-06-2012, 01:09 PM
The Sikh Shooting: DoJ and FBI Warned of Planned Terror Attack in April

Susanne Posel
Infowars.com
August 6, 2012

Police in Oak Creek, Wisconsin, are calling the shooting at a Sikh temple an act of domestic terrorism – although no details or other possible motives have been mentioned by the police chief John Edwards.

The “lone gunman” killed 6 people and critically wounded 3 before he was killed himself by law enforcement. Hindustan Times reports that the gunman was a white male, “with a 9/11 tattoo.”

The police department arrived at the scene in tactical gear, armed with assault weapons in armored vehicles; including the police bomb unit (which Milwaukee County sheriff’s spokesperson Fran McLaughlin said she was not clear as to why they were called to the scene).

Eye witnesses to the shooting say that a team of four men dressed in “dark clothing” were responsible for the killings. These initial reports completely contradict the official story by the police that a “lone gunman” was the suspect they shot and killed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ecdSKi9_fs&feature=player_embedded

More initial reports stated that the local hospital was told to expect anywhere between 8 – 20 people. At the time of this call-in the suspect was “still at large”.

Edwards relayed that the FBI was handling the investigation because the shooting was being treated as a domestic terror attack. Tactical units converged on the temple, preformed a sweep through the interior and exchanged gunfire with the suspected gunman outside the temple.

US Attorney James Santelle, who is analyzing the case, stated that he cannot determine if this is a case of domestic terrorism, although reports are claiming it is, justifying the FBI involvement so quickly.

Kurt Weins, resident who lives in an upper flat in a cordoned off area close to the location of the shooting, was told by law enforcement not to speak to the press after they conducted their interview of his summation of the events.

Seven victims died before police arrived on the scene at 10:25 am in Oak Creek. The mainstream media is pointing to this incident being “the second mass shooting in the US in less than a month” while also mentioning that this tragedy could be related to the House of Representatives requesting that FBI monitor hate crimes directed at Sikhs in April; nearly 2 months ago, Attorney General Eric Holder and FBI Director Robert Muller were warned to watch for this exact type of incident.

Naming Sikh-Americans as possible targets for “hate crimes” the letter to Holder and Muller commented on the Sikh’s “distinct identity and common misperceptions with respect to their attire and appearance” saying that this group is often erroneously believed to be “affiliated with extremists and were somehow responsible for the September 11 terrorist attacks.”

It was arbitrarily mentioned in an MSM article that the gunman had a “9/11 tattoo” possibly making the tie between the attack and 9/11 retaliation.

Joseph Crowley, House Representative wrote in a letter to Holder and Muller that: “Numerous reports have documented how those practicing the Sikh religion are often targeted for hate violence because of their religiously-mandated turbans — i.e. because of their Sikh identity, regardless of whether the attacker understands the victim to be Sikh or not.”

In June, Michele Bachmann wrote a letter to various federal agencies including the US State Department, the Department of Justice and the Department of Homeland Security, warning them of the dangers of the Muslim Brotherhood and their ties to key members of the Obama administration; including Huma Abedin , top aide to Hillary Clinton, Secretary of State. In that letter, Bachmann mentioned the possibility of Sikh “hate crimes” being carried out under false pretense of ignorance for the religious ideals of the Sikhs.

According to the Indian Embassy, the US National Security Council and the Indian Consulate are watching the progress of this case. An embassy official was sent to Oak Creek.

Muller and President Obama have spoken about the shooting, as well as White House chief Jack Lew and Homeland Security adviser John Brennan.

The latest gun grab seems to be centered on the use of guns in “hate crimes” as anti-government activists are being tied to this incident with the letter to Holder and Muller. While the Batman shooting began the national debate over whether or not to have stricter laws concerning gun procurement, this latest incident is specifically being billed as a “lone wolf” with a directed motive to commit domestic terrorism against a religious group who may be somehow tied to the 9/11 truth movement. Is the FBI seeking to target 9/11 truthers in their latest addition to the ever-growing list of terrorists to watch on the FBI “Communities Against Terrorism”.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Yp_Isvac3xI

original article here:
http://occupycorporatism.com/the-sikh-shooting-doj-and-fbi-warned-of-planned-terror-attack-in-april/

phill4paul
08-06-2012, 01:17 PM
FBI searching for another 'person of interest.'

http://www.todaystmj4.com/news/local/165140006.html

OAK CREEK - Federal officials say another man is said to be a "person of interest" in the Oak Creek Sikh Temple shooting where seven people died.

That person is pictured to the left.

Teresa Carlson, an FBI special agent in charge, did not release the name of the man, but said he was a person of interest.

Officials said he came to the scene after the shooting.

FBI officials ask you to call 1-800-CALL-FBI if you have any information on him.

Click here for Journal Sentinel video of the person who they say is the person of interest.

Video of POI.

http://www.jsonline.com/multimedia/v...=1773785405001

Of note: The person of interest has a 9-11-01 tattoo on his right arm.

Damn cops are conspiracy theorists! Everyone knows it is just a lone white-supremacist shooter. And while I am aware that this is certainly no smoking gun it is put out as a reminder that even the F.B.I. have not ruled out others involved.

John F Kennedy III
08-06-2012, 01:46 PM
FBI searching for another 'person of interest.'

http://www.todaystmj4.com/news/local/165140006.html

OAK CREEK - Federal officials say another man is said to be a "person of interest" in the Oak Creek Sikh Temple shooting where seven people died.

That person is pictured to the left.

Teresa Carlson, an FBI special agent in charge, did not release the name of the man, but said he was a person of interest.

Officials said he came to the scene after the shooting.

FBI officials ask you to call 1-800-CALL-FBI if you have any information on him.

Click here for Journal Sentinel video of the person who they say is the person of interest.

Video of POI.

http://www.jsonline.com/multimedia/v...=1773785405001

Of note: The person of interest has a 9-11-01 tattoo on his right arm.

Damn cops are conspiracy theorists! Everyone knows it is just a lone white-supremacist shooter. And while I am aware that this is certainly no smoking gun it is put out as a reminder that even the F.B.I. have not ruled out others involved.

Thanks for posting. So this suspect and the dead suspect both have 9/11 tattoos? I'd like to find out what it says.

phill4paul
08-06-2012, 02:00 PM
Thanks for posting. So this suspect and the dead suspect both have 9/11 tattoos? I'd like to find out what it says.

I dunno. I tried searching for any links between 9/11 tats and White Nationalism but found nothing.

Something I found worth the read....

http://cryptome.org/spy-whites.pdf

(U) White Supremacist Recruitment of Military Personnel since 9/11

This assessment examines why white supremacist extremist groups have attempted
to increase their recruitment of current and former US military personnel, what success their
recruitment efforts have enjoyed, and what impact such recruitment has had on the white
supremacist extremist movement. The identification of current and former members of the US
Armed Forces (Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, and Coast Guard) in the extremist
movement draws exclusively from FBI case files from October 2001 to May 2008. It is based on
the assumption that military veterans involved in white supremacist extremism may exploit their
accesses to restricted areas and intelligence or apply specialized training in weapons, tactics, and
organizational skills to benefit the extremist movement.

dannno
08-06-2012, 02:10 PM
Well there are white supremacists who hate 'sand monkeys' and there are white supremacists who think 9/11 was an inside job.

I'm guessing this guy hates 'sand monkeys'.

And I'm guessing he didn't act alone.

anaconda
08-06-2012, 05:31 PM
It seems that the 9-11 tattoo is being spun from both directions. Some are speculating he was a "truther" and some are speculating that he was a proponent of the "official" story and simply seeking revenge on anyone wearing a turban. Whomever wants to sell their narrative effectively is going to have to deal with this current ambiguity.

BlackTerrel
08-06-2012, 07:55 PM
It seems that the 9-11 tattoo is being spun from both directions. Some are speculating he was a "truther" and some are speculating that he was a proponent of the "official" story and simply seeking revenge on anyone wearing a turban. Whomever wants to sell their narrative effectively is going to have to deal with this current ambiguity.

Sad that spin is all anyone cares about. Do we even know anything about the victims?

jolynna
08-06-2012, 08:15 PM
Sad that spin is all anyone cares about. Do we even know anything about the victims?

I know a LOT of Sikhs, they lease most of the businesses my husband and I own. My heart breaks for those victims.

Where I live a LOT of people not ONLY DON'T realize that all Muslims do NOT share the same beliefs and but they also don't get THAT Sikhs are from India and NOT Muslim. As a result, some people aren't especially nice to America's newest citizens...most of whom went to school in the U.S. and then worked as cab drivers or other menial positions to EARN their convenience store or liquor store or motel.

I'm betting that the "killer" suffered from many of the same misconceptions that some of the people in my community do.

I WISH, WISH, WISH, WISH people would get that we are ALL BROTHERS and show our fellow human beings some love. The war-mongering and paranoia...I've just about HAD IT WITH THOSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously.

In my opinion.

The hatefulness

BlackTerrel
08-06-2012, 08:29 PM
I know a LOT of Sikhs, they lease most of the businesses my husband and I own. My heart breaks for those victims.

Where I live a LOT of people not ONLY DON'T realize that all Muslims do NOT share the same beliefs and but they also don't get THAT Sikhs are from India and NOT Muslim. As a result, some people aren't especially nice to America's newest citizens...most of whom went to school in the U.S. and then worked as cab drivers or other menial positions to EARN their convenience store or liquor store or motel.

I'm betting that the "killer" suffered from many of the same misconceptions that some of the people in my community do.

I WISH, WISH, WISH, WISH people would get that we are ALL BROTHERS and show our fellow human beings some love. The war-mongering and paranoia...I've just about HAD IT WITH THOSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously.

In my opinion.

The hatefulness

I agree.

anaconda
08-06-2012, 08:41 PM

Spin and disinformation are important causes of 110 million people voting willingly for tyranny. I'm assuming the victims were completely innocent and defenseless good people. It would be a great shame if the guilt for the crime was misassigned.

jolynna
08-06-2012, 10:08 PM
I can assure you that there is NO RESEMBLENCE between the Sikh religion and the Muslim religion. Sikhism was begun by Guru Nanak, a religious leader and a social reformer during the 15th century in the Punjab. Sikhs believe in reincarnation and their religion is VERY MUCH an Indian religion. There are NO TIES between the Muslim and the Sikh religions.

These were definitely innocent people, attending Sunday worship at their temple...just like Christians attend Sunday worship at their church.

Unfortunately since 9/11, Sikhs HAVE BEEN TARGETED, for ABSOLUTELY NO REASON except that like Arabs, they wear turbans. This ALL NEEDS TO STOP. Sikhs aren't Muslims. Sikhs, though they live in India with Hindis, are not HINDUS either. Nor are they Budhist.

It is the same with Muslims. Not ALL Muslims believe the same way any more than Christians do. Jehovah Witnesses don't believe what Catholics do. The Mennonites live and practice their faith differently than do those that follow the Russian Orthodox faith. Shiites and Sunnis hate and despise each other...kind of like the Catholics and Protestants in Ireland used to. Even religions labeled "Christian" or "Budhist" or "Muslim" or "Bahai" have various sects and differing beliefs and what YOU MIGHT KNOW TO BE TRUE ABOUT ONE GROUP isn't necessarily true about another.

People need to STOP with the categorizing...I am so SICK of the Muslimphobia, I could puke. Those poor people probably DIED because of it.

This didn't happen because of guns. It happened because "some" keep fearmongering that there are Islams out to "get us" in order to justify stealing Middle East land and resources and to scare Americans into living under martial law (gotta keep us safe from those dangerous Muslims). Also if you demonize the "foreigners" then people won't get so upset when we exterminate them with missiles and drones.

America is a melting pot. Being a melting pot MADE AMERICA GREAT. New cultures, new food, new ideas and new ways of doing things make life fun and interesting. ALL that enter our country legally should be embraced with open arms. They enrich our lives. I am glad for having had the experience of knowing Sikhs and even once attending their temple. I am SO SORRY for how they have been treated in our country. And that last weekend ever happened.

BlackTerrel
08-07-2012, 12:09 AM
I can assure you that there is NO RESEMBLENCE between the Sikh religion and the Muslim religion. Sikhism was begun by Guru Nanak, a religious leader and a social reformer during the 15th century in the Punjab. Sikhs believe in reincarnation and their religion is VERY MUCH an Indian religion. There are NO TIES between the Muslim and the Sikh religions.

These were definitely innocent people, attending Sunday worship at their temple...just like Christians attend Sunday worship at their church.

Unfortunately since 9/11, Sikhs HAVE BEEN TARGETED, for ABSOLUTELY NO REASON except that like Arabs, they wear turbans. This ALL NEEDS TO STOP. Sikhs aren't Muslims. Sikhs, though they live in India with Hindis, are not HINDUS either. Nor are they Budhist.

It is the same with Muslims. Not ALL Muslims believe the same way any more than Christians do. Jehovah Witnesses don't believe what Catholics do. The Mennonites live and practice their faith differently than do those that follow the Russian Orthodox faith. Shiites and Sunnis hate and despise each other...kind of like the Catholics and Protestants in Ireland used to. Even religions labeled "Christian" or "Budhist" or "Muslim" or "Bahai" have various sects and differing beliefs and what YOU MIGHT KNOW TO BE TRUE ABOUT ONE GROUP isn't necessarily true about another.

People need to STOP with the categorizing...I am so SICK of the Muslimphobia, I could puke. Those poor people probably DIED because of it.

This didn't happen because of guns. It happened because "some" keep fearmongering that there are Islams out to "get us" in order to justify stealing Middle East land and resources and to scare Americans into living under martial law (gotta keep us safe from those dangerous Muslims). Also if you demonize the "foreigners" then people won't get so upset when we exterminate them with missiles and drones.

America is a melting pot. Being a melting pot MADE AMERICA GREAT. New cultures, new food, new ideas and new ways of doing things make life fun and interesting. ALL that enter our country legally should be embraced with open arms. They enrich our lives. I am glad for having had the experience of knowing Sikhs and even once attending their temple. I am SO SORRY for how they have been treated in our country. And that last weekend ever happened.

This guy wasn't a fan of minorities in general. There is not an indiciation that he cared if these people were Sikh, or Muslim... or black or Jewish or Asian for that matter.

I don't think there is some pandemic of violence against Sikhs because of one shooting. If anything I think our country has been pretty welcoming - that's why so many are here and continue to immigrate here.

ExPatPaki
08-07-2012, 07:42 AM
IThere are NO TIES between the Muslim and the Sikh religions.

I wouldn't say that.

Guru Nanak had many Muslim friends, some who became Sikh. He was influenced by both Islam and Hinduism.

Here is a Sufi Muslim group performing a concert in a Sikh temple in the UK. The first song that they sing is a poem by Guru Nanak.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rDpONbOL8U

Oh and Arabs today barely wear turbans. It's mostly the religious leaders/clerics who wear turbans. The turban wearing stereotype of Arabs is just pushed by Hollywood.

ExPatPaki
08-07-2012, 07:47 AM
There have been many attacks on Sikhs because of 9/11.

Sikhs, Muslims, Drones, and Guilt By Association
(http://www.progressive.org/sikhs-muslims-drones-guilt-by-association)

The tragic death of six Sikhs in suburban Milwaukee sheds light on the ugly ways that bigotry works.
Since 9/11, Sikhs have often been the target of hate crimes.
Balbir Singh Sodhi, a gas station owner in Arizona, was the first such casualty. He was murdered just four days after 9/11 because, his murderer said, he was “dark-skinned, bearded and wore a turban.”
The hate crimes against Sikhs have continued over the last decade. Sikh temples have been vandalized, and according to Representative Joseph Crowley (D-NY), two Sikh men were murdered last year in hate crimes.
This is how cultural racism operates: anyone who bears the markers of the “enemy” must necessarily be guilty. For members of the Sikh community, this bizarre attitude is baffling. Some have gone out of their way to insist that Sikhs are not Muslim and should therefore not be targeted in these ways.
Yet, the horrific murders in Wisconsin should teach us that racism is about the dehumanization of an entire group of people: It is the worst kind of guilt by association.
If the Sikh community is not to blame for the events of 9/11, neither is the Muslim community.
It was not Islam that caused the 19 hijackers to carry out the attacks. It was the nihilistic political views of those particular assassins.
Similarly, it was not something intrinsic to white American males that precipitated this attack on the Sikhs in Wisconsin. It was the neo-Nazi attitudes of this particular white gunman.
Page was a white supremacist and the leader of a white-power band named End Apathy, according to the Southern Poverty Law Center. He was even supposed to have had a tattoo of 9/11 on his upper right arm.
The context for this crime is the climate of prejudice in the United States that “the war on terror” has created.
Central to “the war on terror” is the ideology of Islamophobia. Rep. Peter King (R-NY) has held hearings hyping the risk of radical Islam here at home. Rightwing politicians such as Michele Bachmann and Newt Gingrich have also used reckless rhetoric targeting the entire Muslim American community.
In U.S. military policy, Islamophobia allows the United States to carry out drone strikes against Muslim men perceived to be terrorists in several countries around the world with impunity. Many victims of these “kill lists” are not terrorists, but innocent people.
Dehumanization and guilt by association enable the United States to kill innocent people in Afghanistan, Pakistan and Yemen.
Dehumanization and guilt by association enable a killer to gun down worshipers in Oak Creek, Wisconsin.
As we mourn the latest killing, we need to denounce this dehumanization and guilt by association. They are the handmaidens of the murderer.

Mani
08-09-2012, 12:48 AM
I was born in WI, raised in Milwaukee. I'm Sikh. I remember being a small kid when there were only a couple dozen families renting out a small bank on Sundays in Milwaukee. I remember growing up and the Sikh community grew to the point where they were able to purchase a lot in Brookfield. I felt blessed it was a church and we were able to modify it to suit the needs of a temple. Already God's home and place of prayer and worship, it felt perfect. I remember the community grew to the point they decided there was a need for a second temple on the south side of town for people who didn't want to commute to up to Brookfield. I remember there was some serious debate about splintering such a tiny community, if it was possible to sustain 2 Gurdwaras in one city. I left Milwaukee before the Oak Creek temple was built.

I always felt part of the Milwaukee community. I've never had a turban or beard, so my appearance is not as dramatic, but no matter where in the world I have moved, Milwaukee is always my home. I've always loved the people of WI and Milwaukee, and I always felt a part of the community. I've never felt ostracized or like "a foreigner".

I don't have much insight. I just feel really bad. That's my home town. I recognized his face immediately, the president of the temple who was killed on Sunday. I haven't seen him for 20-30 years, but he was a fixture of the ongoings at the Sikh Temple when I was a kid.

Regardless of it's a Gurdwara, Temple, Mosque, Synagogue, Church, etc. One can never expect such violence in a place of worship. A place of peace and love. It's still a bit too shocking.

I'm just hopeful from this tragedy comes a closer bond within the Milwaukee community.

I can only hope something positive comes out of something so tragic.

georgiaboy
08-14-2012, 02:10 PM

In my opinion.

The hatefulness

the tears just won't stop for me right now.

Zippyjuan
08-14-2012, 03:03 PM
Well it was a terror for the people at the Temple but it was certainly no terrorist attack (though Alex Jones hoped and hyped it was).