PDA

View Full Version : So which companies are paying big bucks to fight GMO labeling?

John F Kennedy III
08-06-2012, 12:50 PM
So which companies are paying big bucks to fight GMO labeling?

Melissa Melton
Planet.Infowars.com
August 6, 2012

Proposition 37, better known as the Right to Know Genetically Engineered Food Act, is set to go to ballot this November in California. The initiative would require labels signifying when a food product contains genetically modified organisms (GMOs), and items that do include GMO would no longer be allowed to use descriptors such as “all-natural” on food packaging (because they are not).

Both sides of the debate have raised millions for the cause in lead-up to what will be an historic vote with far-reaching ramifications. Well, have you wondered which companies are paying big bucks to fight for GMO against truth in advertising? Check this list out (from KCET.org):

- Pepsi and Coca-Cola (professional rivals coming together for one cause, like The Avengers of Frankenfood)
– Nestle
– Kellogg
– Hormel
– Bimbo
– General Mills
– ConAgra, the company behind Gulden’s, Jiffy Pop, Swiss Miss, and dozens more
– Smucker’s has given money as well, which very much contradicts their ad campaign about what simple, rural farm folk who just love fruit they are.

Some of these names may surprise you, most likely do not, but the point is these companies are using top-dollar financial influence to cloud any attempt at transparency with their genetically modified products…

rest of article here:
http://planet.infowars.com/business/so-which-companies-are-paying-big-bucks-to-fight-gmo-labeling

John F Kennedy III
08-06-2012, 05:53 PM
Bumpity

trey4sports
08-06-2012, 06:15 PM
yuck.

im buying some fruit trees today so i can grow my own organic fruit.

John F Kennedy III
08-06-2012, 08:56 PM
yuck.

im buying some fruit trees today so i can grow my own organic fruit.

Homegrown fruit is definitely worth the effort. They taste way better.

Nickels
08-06-2012, 09:18 PM
Good to know there are big companies that want less government, and libertarians that want more government.

RickyJ
08-06-2012, 09:21 PM
Good to know there are big companies that want less government, and libertarians that want more government.

Not all government regulations are bad, people just want to know the origin of their food. Do you really think companies should be able to keep that info from people?

Nickels
08-06-2012, 09:28 PM
Not all government regulations are bad, people just want to know the origin of their food. Do you really think companies should be able to keep that info from people?

I agree not all government regulations are bad. But yes, I believe in buyer beware.

DGambler
08-06-2012, 09:31 PM
I just want truth in advertising, let a company label it's food GMO free and let me treat that as a contract. If they are later found using GMO, I can sue for breach.