PDA

View Full Version : Hillary Clinton Literally Chased Out of Malawi By Bees

Tiso0770
08-06-2012, 10:48 AM
This Article made me smile this morning....

Bees — the Secret Service's firearms are useless against them, a fact that Secretary of State Hillary Clinton learned as she was preparing to depart Malawi on Sunday. Clinton breezed through a six-hour visit to Malawi that included a meeting with President Joyce Banda, as well as two visits to U.S.-endorsed projects on education for girls and food security. She was scheduled to leave for Johannesburg, South Africa at about 4:30 pm, but her departure was marred by the sudden appearance of bees. Lots of bees.

According to eyewitnesses, a cloud of bees suddenly descended on the airport, forcing Malawians and Americans alike to scream, united across an ocean of culture and saltwater by the deep and abiding fear of bees every human develops after their first foolhardy attempt to spray a hornet's nest with Super Soakers. Or whatever. An eyewitness described the briefly frenzied scene: "There was a slight panic as the bees winged across the airport. People could be seen running away to keep cover as the Secretary of State swiftly boarded her plane to avoid any stings."

African bees are what scientists refer to, technically, as "not-fucking-around bees," though it isn't clear that our beloved jetsetter was in any real danger. Come to think of it, the Malawians probably asked Clinton to hang around for a while longer, and, feeling bad about having to leave so quickly, she decided to spare the Malawians' feelings by radioing in a hive of Secretary of State emergency escape bees rather than spurn a friendly invitation. It's all part of the bigger picture, you understand.

First one to post the Oprah gif gets a pot of honey. A whole pot of it.

Panic as Clinton jets out of Malawi [Nyasa Times

http://jezebel.com/5932050/hillary-clinton-literally-chased-out-of-malawi-by-bees?utm_campaign=socialflow_jezebel_facebook&utm_source=jezebel_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

Danke
08-06-2012, 10:54 AM
http://cdn.fd.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/Oprahs-Bees.gif

I want my pot of honey!

jkr
08-06-2012, 11:00 AM
were they ill-tempered?

Tiso0770
08-06-2012, 12:33 PM
Come on....if those where killer bee's, they would be in the hospital. Killer bee's will chase you for miles before they give up....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7fUXw-5T2Q

Acala
08-06-2012, 12:51 PM
Come on....if those where killer bee's, they would be in the hospital. Killer bee's will chase you for miles before they give up....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7fUXw-5T2Q

So-called "killer" bees are africanized bees. This happened in AFRICA. Of course they are Africanized bees.

Acala
08-06-2012, 12:52 PM
Actually it was a swarm of Irnian miniature spy drones.

libertariantexas
08-06-2012, 01:07 PM
Being chased out of Malawi is supposed to be a bad thing?

Sounds like this was just a convenient excuse to leave early. :)

AGRP
08-06-2012, 01:11 PM
Don't you guys be getting any ideas about these bees :toady:

NIU Students for Liberty
08-06-2012, 02:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5J2kc4oZTVU

jmdrake
08-06-2012, 02:16 PM
Exodus 23:28
And I will send hornets before you, which shall drive out the Hivite, the Canaanite, and the Hittite from before you.

Danke
08-06-2012, 02:50 PM
So-called "killer" bees are africanized bees. This happened in AFRICA. Of course they are Africanized bees.

I guess that is one way to look at it, but "killer bees" are man made Africanized honey bees, not found in Africa.

Acala
08-06-2012, 03:20 PM
I guess that is one way to look at it, but "killer bees" are man made Africanized honey bees, not found in Africa.

Not really. When Europeans arrived in the Americas, there were no honey bees here. The Euorpeans brought them over, they escaped, and colonized the new world. Africa already had honey bees. Same species as the European honey bee, but with different traits. A few decades ago, some dope in South America was experimenting with the African variety of honey bee. A queen escaped and proceeded to take over existing colonis of European variety honey bees. The African variety is a more aggressive breeder but less tolerant of the cold, so in warm climates they out competed Eurpoean varieties.

No "man-made" bees involved. Just a different variety of bee with slightly different tendencies.

And they aren't killers. People in Africa keep them, as do people around here in the desert where the wild bees are mostly Africanized and only switching out mail order queens will keep kept hives from switching over.

Philhelm
08-06-2012, 03:39 PM
It seems that the bees know more about individual liberty than most Americans. Too bad for Hellary that she was only practiced in dealing with sheep.

Danke
08-06-2012, 03:43 PM
Not really. When Europeans arrived in the Americas, there were no honey bees here. The Euorpeans brought them over, they escaped, and colonized the new world. Africa already had honey bees. Same species as the European honey bee, but with different traits. A few decades ago, some dope in South America was experimenting with the African variety of honey bee. A queen escaped and proceeded to take over existing colonis of European variety honey bees. The African variety is a more aggressive breeder but less tolerant of the cold, so in warm climates they out competed Eurpoean varieties.

No "man-made" bees involved. Just a different variety of bee with slightly different tendencies.

And they aren't killers. People in Africa keep them, as do people around here in the desert where the wild bees are mostly Africanized and only switching out mail order queens will keep kept hives from switching over.

I'll look into it, but I have seen reports that it was a bee bread as a cross between African bees and honey bees in South America that were mistakenly released.

specsaregood
08-06-2012, 03:46 PM
I'll look into it, but I have seen reports that it was a bee bread as a cross between African bees and honey bees in South America that were mistakenly released.

Wiki seems to agree.

The Africanized honey bees in the Western Hemisphere are of mixed descent from 26 Tanganyikan queen bees of A. m. scutellata, accidentally released by a replacement bee-keeper in 1957 near Rio Claro, São Paulo, in the southeast of Brazil, from hives operated by biologist Warwick E. Kerr, who had interbred honey bees from Europe and southern Africa. Hives containing these particular queens were noted to be especially defensive. Kerr was attempting to breed a strain of bees that would produce more honey and be better adapted to tropical conditions (i.e., more productive) than the European subspecies of honey bee used in South America and southern North America. The hives the bees were released from had special excluder grates to prevent the larger queen bees and drones from getting out and mating with local queens and drones of European descent. However, following the accidental release, the African queens and drones mated with domesticated local non-African queens and drones, and their descendants have since spread throughout the Americas.

FindLiberty
08-06-2012, 04:08 PM
Actually it was a swarm of Irnian miniature spy drones.

This. Iranian

Indy Vidual
08-06-2012, 04:11 PM
"Killer Bees" Stage a Coup in S. America
... this scenario is grim reality for South American honeybees, whose populations have been dwindling due to invading bees from Africa.
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2006/05/0505_060505_killer_bees_video.html

pcosmar
08-06-2012, 04:23 PM
African bees are what scientists refer to, technically, as "not-fucking-around bees,"

Apparently they sensed the danger not apparent to humans,, as is often the case.

jkr
08-06-2012, 04:31 PM
THIS thread could use some MUSIC- maestro!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoZ0YXr2_8M

Acala
08-06-2012, 04:32 PM
Wiki seems to agree.

They are ALL honey bees. The African bees are honey bees, just like the Euopean bees, only a different variety. When the African Honey Bees were released, they spread across the continent just like the European honey bees did before them. Still all just normal honey bees, but different varieties. The whole "killer bee" thing was mainly a media creation. African bees tend to be "hot" (in beekeeper language). But some beekeepers say that Italian strains are just as hot.

I know a little about it because I looked into beekeeping here. And the African bees will take over your hives eventually so you either need to just deal with your hives being hot or keep re-queening your hives.

jkr
08-06-2012, 04:45 PM
and hitLARRY is mOnstant0:toady::toady::toady::toady:

and theY ARE helping kill bEEs

to control our f00d...:eek:

and- by extension- ALL OF US:eek:

the bees are with us!:D