PDA

View Full Version : So who's getting ready for Black Friday? v.hot chocolate & slim jims!

krott5333
11-17-2007, 11:40 PM
were going to be passing out over 2000 cups of hot chocolate along with free slim jims to all the (hopefully cold and bored) shoppers waiting in line.

:D

two teams with hot chocolate, and a 3rd team for trash clean-up.

all teams of course will be outfitted with 2-way GMRS radios for effective strategic communication.

We don't mess around. :cool:

ross11988
11-17-2007, 11:41 PM
Ill probably just bring slimjims and a 2x4 sign.

Paulitician
11-17-2007, 11:44 PM
I would never take drinks from strangers. Though I'm sure there are people out there who will.

krott5333
11-17-2007, 11:45 PM
Ill probably just bring slimjims and a 2x4 sign.

good enough

krott5333
11-17-2007, 11:46 PM
I would never take drinks from strangers. Though I'm sure there are people out there who will.

tinfoil hat crew?

Alopederii
11-17-2007, 11:46 PM
Liberty cards and a quick laptop video.

Anyone have a suggestion for a short video that is a good intro to Ron Paul and also heavily features the economic issues (taxes, spending, and inflation)? I like A New Hope as an intro, but I was wondering if there was anything a little shorter but just as powerful.

krott5333
11-17-2007, 11:51 PM
Liberty cards and a quick laptop video.

Anyone have a suggestion for a short video that is a good intro to Ron Paul and also heavily features the economic issues (taxes, spending, and inflation)? I like A New Hope as an intro, but I was wondering if there was anything a little shorter but just as powerful.

i prefer the land of the free video, but probably because it makes me cry like a whiny little school girl.

this one is good too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKZmIzEMUN8

i have a link to a high-res version as well if you want it

Alopederii
11-18-2007, 12:07 AM
i prefer the land of the free video, but probably because it makes me cry like a whiny little school girl.

this one is good too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKZmIzEMUN8

i have a link to a high-res version as well if you want it

Yes, please!

Ron LOL
11-18-2007, 12:57 AM
I contacted my Meetup group about this one. Has anybody looked in to renting catering equipment? What's the price range? I plan to call around tomorrow if possible. Might get bumped to Monday if nobody's open.

A Ron Paul Rebel
11-18-2007, 08:50 PM
were going to be passing out over 2000 cups of hot chocolate along with free slim jims to all the (hopefully cold and bored) shoppers waiting in line.

all teams of course will be outfitted with 2-way GMRS radios for effective strategic communication.

How much is your coffee/hot chocolate and equipment costing?

Voice
11-18-2007, 08:56 PM

brilliant! Thank you!

bew2005
11-18-2007, 08:59 PM

Wow, must be difficult growing all your own food and brewing your own drinks because you could never eat out...unless you introduced yourself to the restaurant staff first...then you wouldn't be strangers.

Sorry, I couldn't resist :)

ratsbew
11-18-2007, 09:02 PM
Wow, must be difficult growing all your own food and brewing your own drinks because you could never eat out...unless you introduced yourself to the restaurant staff first...then you wouldn't be strangers.

Sorry, I couldn't resist :)

I'm Forest, Forest Gump.

MyKillK
11-19-2007, 10:56 AM
I second the question about the cost of materials so I can forward that info onto my Meetup.

Also, what are the logistics behind keeping your drinks hot? Thermoses? If so, how many and what size? If not, how else?

Santana28
11-19-2007, 10:57 AM

yeah, where are you planning on doing these things at? at my mall that will be a one way ticket off property....

ugh. i'd much rather spend my night handing out hot cocoa to strangers however, than kicking people out for doing so. ::sigh::

krott5333
11-19-2007, 05:00 PM
How much is your coffee/hot chocolate and equipment costing?

im not sure about the hot chocolate.. ill probably buy it off my boss, i work at a gas station.

and were going to use the big gatorade type drink coolers.. someone in the meetup group has one, ill probably buy a few more.

2 lb bag of hot chocolate makes 2.5 gallons, by the way.