PDA

View Full Version : Ted Cruz DID THANK RON PAUL!

Spoa
08-06-2012, 07:41 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXCQvDhajSQ

I don't know where, but someone on this forum said that Ted Cruz never thanked Dr. Ron Paul. Go to about 25 minutes into the video, and you will see him thanking Ron Paul for his support.

(If someone has already posted this, I apologize. I just want it to be placed in the record that he did give his thanks to Ron Paul. Just thought that it was important to make that clear.)

Bastiat's The Law
08-06-2012, 07:57 AM
He thanked Rand too.

Aratus
08-06-2012, 07:57 AM
~~~ ^THIS^ ~~~

Bastiat's The Law
08-06-2012, 08:17 AM
Now will the media finally get a clue about Rick Perry not being a tea party darling in any way shape or form? He backed the establishment because he is establishment. I got my fingers crosses that Debra Medina runs again.

thatpeculiarcat
08-06-2012, 09:00 AM
Now will the media finally get a clue about Rick Perry not being a tea party darling in any way shape or form?

Of course not because they report that he and Sarah Palin started the goddamn thing in the first place...

truthspeaker
08-06-2012, 09:17 AM
Now will the media finally get a clue about Rick Perry not being a tea party darling in any way shape or form? He backed the establishment because he is establishment. I got my fingers crosses that Debra Medina runs again.

Here, here! I think she's patiently waiting. Shoot, I want her for Comptroller. I think she'd be great at it. Governor's good too.

Spoa
08-06-2012, 09:18 AM
Here, here! I think she's patiently waiting. Shoot, I want her for Comptroller. I think she'd be great at it. Governor's good too.

Why not Senator? I heard that Rand, Ted, and the few other good senators (like Mike Lee and Jim Demint) could use some back-up! :)

Spoa
08-06-2012, 09:25 AM
Read this piece by Debra Medina on the issue of abortion: http://blog.chron.com/texaspolitics/2009/11/medina-questions-hutchisons-credentials-on-abortion/

sailingaway
08-06-2012, 10:27 AM
No, I think people say he didn't endorse Ron even when asked about it. His thanking Ron has been posted here before. He is better than Dewhurst, and now he is the nominee, so we have years to evaluate his actions.

Spoa
08-06-2012, 10:33 AM
No, I think people say he didn't endorse Ron even when asked about it. His thanking Ron has been posted here before. He is better than Dewhurst, and now he is the nominee, so we have years to evaluate his actions.

Ok. I just wanted it to be placed in the record. Thanks for the clarification. I think Ted Cruz will be a strong ally to the liberty movement if not a part of it. I see him as a Mike Lee type...not perfect, but a strong ally.

sailingaway
08-06-2012, 10:34 AM
Ok. I just wanted it to be placed in the record. Thanks for the clarification. I think Ted Cruz will be a strong ally to the liberty movement if not a part of it. I see him as a Mike Lee type...not perfect, but a strong ally.

We shall see. If he is like Mike Lee, I will be relatively pleased, given he isn't one of us so to speak.

Bastiat's The Law
08-06-2012, 11:45 AM
Why not Senator? I heard that Rand, Ted, and the few other good senators (like Mike Lee and Jim Demint) could use some back-up! :)
I think she wants to stay in Texas and not go federal office. I can respect that.

Bastiat's The Law
08-06-2012, 11:50 AM
This is a net positive. Cruz could be as good as Mike Lee, but I don't see him being any worse than a Jim Demint. He'll probably fit somewhere in between both of those men. Win, win scenario. We prevented an establishment troglodyte from becoming an entrenched quantity in Washington, while gaining another very good potential ally. Great victory for the movement at large.

**Bonus**

Ted Cruz will "owe" Rand Paul in 2016 when Rand runs for President. Cruz will be a major endorsement and feather in our hat. It's chess, not checkers.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y38/Eric21ND/Rand2016EditedSave.jpg

Shane Harris
08-06-2012, 12:52 PM
mark levin the great one. dear god

Spoa
08-06-2012, 01:22 PM
mark levin the great one. dear god

Sometimes people who you don't like will do the right thing once in a while.

Carson
08-07-2012, 07:51 PM
I read an article posted on Fark at lunch. It mentioned Ted Cruz in a good light. There were a lot of butt hurt liberals posting in the comment section.

Americans keep behaving in ways that baffle the liberal mainstream media

http://www.fark.com/comments/7255033/Americans-keep-behaving-in-ways-that-baffle-liberal-mainstream-media

From the actual story;

Supporters of Ted Cruz and Chick-fil-A Break News

By Michael Barone - August 6, 2012

Email Print

Comments ShareShare

Americans keep behaving in ways that baffle the liberal mainstream media. Two examples figured prominently -- or should have -- in last week's news.

One is the runoff primary for the Republican nomination for the U.S. Senate in Texas. Former state Solicitor General Ted Cruz thumped incumbent Lt. Gov. David Dewhurst, 57 to 43 percent.

Cruz won even though the Texas Republican establishment, from Gov. Rick Perry on down, endorsed Dewhurst. So did the Austin lobbying community, since Dewhurst as lieutenant governor has run the state Senate for the last 10 years (and, having lost this race, will do so for at least the next two).

Snip...

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2012/08/06/supporters_of_ted_cruz_and_chick-fil-a_break_news_115005.html

Chester Copperpot
08-07-2012, 08:20 PM
just fyi the Ron Paul thanks comes @ 9:45 in the video.

Aratus
08-08-2012, 04:03 PM
ted cruz did rather well