PDA

View Full Version : AL-Cop shoots Golden Retriever that jumped on him.

Anti Federalist
08-05-2012, 09:18 PM
After Colorado and now Wisconsin, cops are going to be on a hair trigger and freaked out.

I don't know who called the cops in this situation or any other information other than "an attack" two sentences later was described as being "jumped on".

I'd only suggest, that if you were ever to consider taking the advice to "never call the cops", that you do so now.

Madison police shoot dog one day after shooting death of woman

Published: Sunday, August 05, 2012, 3:30 PM

http://blog.al.com/breaking/2012/08/madison_police_shoot_dog_one_d.html

MADISON, Alabama - A police officer shot a dog that attacked him early Sunday morning, a day after another officer shot and killed a woman who pointed a pistol at police.

Officers had responded to a domestic disturbance call on the 100 block of Westscott Drive when a dog jumped on an officer, Lt. John Stringer said this afternoon.

The officer shot the golden retriever in the shoulder, he said. The dog was taken to an emergency veterinarian facility for treatment and is expected to fully recover, Stringer said.

The officer was not seriously injured, Stringer said.

An internal use of force review will be conducted, he said.

Police had received a call about 4:30 a.m. about a domestic disturbance involving several people, some of whom were possibly armed, Stringer said.

The dog shooting comes on the heels of the shooting death of Deborah Jo Day, 55, by a police officer early Saturday morning.

Day, who had a history of mental illness, failed to obey officers commands to drop the pistol in her hand, authorities said. She was shot when she pointed the pistol at the officers.

Danke
08-05-2012, 09:54 PM
Well shouldn't I be lawfully able to shot anyone (cops included) that points a weapon at me?

Anti Federalist
08-05-2012, 11:09 PM
Well shouldn't I be lawfully able to shot anyone (cops included) that points a weapon at me?

In the case of the woman that was mentioned in this article, yes, by all means.

IF it's factually correct that is what happened.

But I was addressing the dog shooting.

I don't ever recall seeing a Golden with a gun.

pcosmar
08-05-2012, 11:24 PM

I can't remember ever seeing one growl. And I have known a few.

This one sticks out,,
http://www.amaranthpublishing.com/alpha8.htm

sailingaway
08-06-2012, 12:19 AM
In the case of the woman that was mentioned in this article, yes, by all means.

IF it's factually correct that is what happened.

But I was addressing the dog shooting.

If a Golden had a gun, he would chew it and bring it for you to throw.