PDA

View Full Version : Top Questions I would LOVE to ask Obama

cdc482
08-05-2012, 09:15 PM
I saw a post on reddit about a guy who gets to ask Obama one question. I am extremely jealous of his opportunity. These are my top picks of questions I would love (and have unsuccessfully tried) to ask Obama:

1. You promised to close Guantanamo and other secret prisons, but failed. All you have to do is sign your name on an executive order. What's stopping you?

2. Why did you use federal troops to arrest people using drugs legal in their state? Why do you continue to support the drug war when it has incarcerated millions of non-violent, sick people, disproportionally effects African-Americans, and leads to violent gang wars?

3. Why is Iran a threat? Even though there is no evidence they are seeking a nuclear weapon, why would we care if they were? They are surrounded on all sides by countries with tens and hundreds of nukes. Are you (and all those favoring sanctions on Iran) suggesting that they are suicidal or irrational? If anything, wouldn’t Iran aquiring a nuke ceate more stability in the area?
Predicting his response:
If he brings up the “wipe Israel off the face of the earth” quotation: He should know that Sean Hannity made that up, and Ahmadinejad said no such thing.
If he brings up terrorist organizations, he should know that their numbers are in the hundreds. There are just as many terrorists organizations in the US, and no one is worried about them stealing our nukes.

4. Your election team keeps harping about how Mitt Romney will decrease taxes for the rich whereas you will increase their taxes, while maintaining tax cuts for the middle class. You said the same exact thing in 2008 and then turned out to be no different than George Bush or John McCain when it came to tax policy. You even supported corporate bailouts of the banking and auto industries while the middle class received a much smaller “stimulus.” Why should we trust your campaign team this time around?

5. Please tell us exactly why Bradley Manning is in jail. We've seen the information he leaked to Julian Assange. How does the information leaked in anyway harm US military strategy, aside from descreasing public support of war? Doesn't the American public have a right to know how our taxes are spent? Doesn’t the US government have a policy of rewarding those who expose corruption?

6. Your administration is under enormous pressure to cut. Have you seriously considered our foreign empire? Our presence is unwanted in most countries and used as a recruiting tool by terrorists. The terrorists who attack us have been extraordinarily clear that their cause is to end our foreign empire by bankrupting our country.
We are killing millions of civilians in what we call "collateral damage," perpetuating this 11 year war. The middle east will take years to rebuild, and we consistently hold back their progress. Wouldn't we be safer, more prosperous, and better liked if we were not involved in countries that have not wronged us and do not want our "help?" While politicians argue about blisters and bruises, we are ignoring an enormous cancer.

BSU kid
08-05-2012, 09:52 PM
And I'm sure the guy on reddit will ask some stupid generic question about gay marriage or food stamps or some liberal staple issue.

oyarde
08-05-2012, 11:20 PM
And I'm sure the guy on reddit will ask some stupid generic question about gay marriage or food stamps or some liberal staple issue. Thats simple , take away the prompter and he will grin and say " Everybody should be on food stamps, gay and vote for me " or something to that effect , then Reid will claim all others should take off all clothing and burn it . Biden & Pelosi will talk about the new middle class and how they will teach them to clothe themselves with green subsidies .....

MJU1983
08-05-2012, 11:54 PM
I saw a post on reddit about a guy who gets to ask Obama one question. I am extremely jealous of his opportunity. These are my top picks of questions I would love (and have unsuccessfully tried) to ask Obama:

1. You promised to close Guantanamo and other secret prisons, but failed. All you have to do is sign your name on an executive order. What's stopping you?

He already did that, in 2009. It's still open? ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oW65vlzLWHg

Philhelm
08-06-2012, 09:17 AM
1. You're filthy rich and are the leader of the "Free World." Why don't you have that huge bump removed from your nostril? Seriously, it really bugs me.

(Note that any question of substance would get the same B.S. watered down, false answers, so what's the point? At least this question would throw him off guard.)

hazek
08-06-2012, 09:39 AM
I'd like to ask him just one thing:

"Mister Obama, how is it that you are making rules about my life, body and property without my permission? Am I your slave? Did I ever agree to your authority over me and my property?"

VanBummel
08-06-2012, 09:46 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPr-xsQvhgw

/drone'd

seraphson
08-06-2012, 12:56 PM
He already did that, in 2009. It's still open? ;)

Has it been closed? No. (http://isgitmoclosedyet.com/)

ZENemy
08-06-2012, 12:57 PM
1. Its George bushes fault
2. See Above
3. See Above

And so on....