PDA

View Full Version : New FL poll--we have work to do

Bradley in DC
06-20-2007, 11:10 PM
FLORIDA: A new Strategic Vision-R poll of likely Florida primary votes show New Yorkers Hillary Clinton (D) and Rudy Giuliani (R) holding comfortable leads in their respective primary contests. . . The GOP numbers: Giuliani - 30%, Fred Thompson - 24%, John McCain - 11%, Mitt Romney - 8%, Newt Gingrich - 4%, and all others with 2% or less each.

Posted here http://www.politics1.com/index.htm

Looking for updated, more detailed info to show up here: http://www.usaelectionpolls.com/2008/florida.html

amonasro
06-20-2007, 11:12 PM
Thompson 24% ???? He hasn't even come out of his hole yet.

Bradley in DC
06-20-2007, 11:14 PM
Name ID--perhaps Dr. Paul could host an old geezer radio show or play a tough guy on TV?

jd603
06-20-2007, 11:17 PM
I question all these polls. Thompson being included when he isn't even running? We're supposed to believe any poll with him in it is legit?

The fact they include him when he isn't even running makes the poll unofficial.

dspectre
06-20-2007, 11:22 PM
That's why it is so important that we donate money. If RP has ammo, then we will know for sure what is going on(plus it helps RP too :) ).

If he gets his name out there on the Main Stream Shows and he still polls low, you know something isn't right.

The reason I'm a little cynical is because he is left off of so many polls...that is like 1984...you know something is wrong...

Bradley in DC
06-21-2007, 07:55 AM
I found a direct link to the poll results here (http://strategicvision.biz/political/florida_poll_062107.htm)

14. Who is your first choice for the Republican nomination in 2008? (Republicans only)
Rudy Giuliani 30%
Fred Thompson 24%
John McCain 11%
Mitt Romney 8%
Newt Gingrich 4%
Sam Brownback 2%
Tom Tancredo 2%
Mike Huckabee 2%
Ron Paul 2%
Tommy Thompson 1%
Jim Gilmore 1%
Chuck Hagel 1%
Duncan Hunter 1% U
ndecided 11%

UCFGavin
06-21-2007, 07:59 AM
newt and thompson in there makes me sad

and the fact that giuliani is leading makes me even sadder.

AMack
06-21-2007, 08:18 AM
Once RP wins Iowa and NH it won't matter. Everyone will want to find out who he is, and as his credibility shoots up, he'll get a big boost in the polls.

=)

If you've got the funds... DONATE!

angrydragon
06-21-2007, 12:05 PM
Can't believe Newt the Dictator is above Ron.

Scribbler de Stebbing
06-21-2007, 12:27 PM
Florida has an older population, does it not? So it may be less likely to go Paul. I'm trying to think of whether anyone on this forum has said they were from Florida. Surely someone!

And again, remember that the polling methods are definitely skewed against Ron Paul. Pro-Paul democrats and independents won't show up; neither will first time voters or landline-less voters, all Paul people. (There's a slogan -- I'm Paul People.)

LFOD
06-21-2007, 12:40 PM
Arg. But what is the percent for Ron Paul, that have heard him speak? That's a poll I'd like to see. I think that would show his support to be much higher. Fred Thompson? gawd. who CARES? He's no different from the rest of those pandermongers. He's just got name recognition. The battle is in increasing the all-important Ron Paul Exposure Factor.