PDA

View Full Version : Clint Eastwood endorses Mitt Romney

qh4dotcom
08-04-2012, 07:36 PM
Wasn't Eastwood supposed to be one of the few libertarians in Hollywood? Looks like he forgot his libertarian principles when endorsing Romney

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/Romney-Eastwood-endorse-fundraiser/2012/08/03/id/447553?s=al&promo_code=FAA0-1

bill1971
08-04-2012, 08:19 PM
Wasn't Eastwood supposed to be one of the few libertarians in Hollywood? Looks like he forgot his libertarian principles when endorsing Romney

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/Romney-Eastwood-endorse-fundraiser/2012/08/03/id/447553?s=al&promo_code=FAA0-1

He endorsed McCain I think as well. Still my favorite actor though.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
08-04-2012, 08:20 PM
He endorsed McCain I think as well. Still my favorite actor though.

If he pretends to be a lib, then yes. lol

kylejack
08-04-2012, 11:07 PM

Yeah, I think Rand forgot too, if he ever had them.

QuickZ06
08-04-2012, 11:18 PM
Great actor but horrible when it comes to his principles and politics.

qh4dotcom
08-04-2012, 11:20 PM
Great actor but horrible when it comes to his principles and politics.

He's supposed to be a one of the few libertarians in Hollywood so he's not that horrible.

http://www.libertarianism.com/pop_celebrity/clint-eastwood

phill4paul
08-04-2012, 11:23 PM
He's an ACTOR.

oyarde
08-04-2012, 11:26 PM
I honestly view it differently , I see it as an endorsment of not Obama.....

Philosophy_of_Politics
08-04-2012, 11:31 PM
No, he just views Obama as a serious threat. Abandon principles? Yes. But, he's not any less of a libertarian.

LibertyEagle
08-04-2012, 11:37 PM

This non-stop bashing of Rand on this forum has gotten ridiculous. Saying it a couple of times, if that is how you feel, is one thing. But, over and over and over again? This thread isn't even about Rand, but you just had to throw it in. :rolleyes:

NIU Students for Liberty
08-04-2012, 11:38 PM
No, he just views Obama as a serious threat. Abandon principles? Yes. But, he's not any less of a libertarian.

He is very much less libertarian if he doesn't view Romney as a serious threat. The guy couldn't even endorse, let alone mention Ron Paul so I don't see the point in defending his politics.

Philosophy_of_Politics
08-04-2012, 11:43 PM
He is very much less libertarian if he doesn't view Romney as a serious threat. The guy couldn't even endorse, let alone mention Ron Paul so I don't see the point in defending his politics.

It doesn't make him less libertarian. It's much more plausible, for him to be less informed.

Many people actually are libertarian's, and don't even know it.

NIU Students for Liberty
08-04-2012, 11:45 PM
It doesn't make him less libertarian. It's much more plausible, for him to be less informed.

Many people actually are libertarian's, and don't even know it.

Fine, then he has no principles. Pick your poison.

KingRobbStark
08-04-2012, 11:50 PM
I believe being an idiot makes you less of a libertarian.

Philosophy_of_Politics
08-04-2012, 11:52 PM
I believe being an idiot makes you less of a libertarian.

That comes across as elitist, which is what libertarians are not about.

Danke
08-05-2012, 12:04 AM
Although he is a registered Republican, Eastwood doesn’t consider himself a conservative. He has supported California’s former Democratic Gov. Gray Davis and Democratic Rep. Sam Farr.

“I was an Eisenhower Republican when I started out at 21, because he promised to get us out of the Korean War,” he told GQ. “And over the years, I realized there was a Republican philosophy that I liked. And then they lost it. And libertarians had more of it. Because what I really believe is, let’s spend a little more time leaving everybody alone.”

Austrian Econ Disciple
08-05-2012, 12:04 AM
AFAIK the only libertarian in 'hollywood' is Kurt Russel. Snake Plisskin always good, always good...

KingRobbStark
08-05-2012, 12:06 AM
That comes across as elitist, which is what libertarians are not about.

If the truth comes across as elitist, then so be it.

KingRobbStark
08-05-2012, 12:07 AM
AFAIK the only libertarian in 'hollywood' is Kurt Russel. Snake Plisskin always good, always good...

And the fellow who endorsed Ron Paul. (I don't remember his name.)

tangent4ronpaul
08-05-2012, 12:08 AM
Tell HIM what you think about this - not us...

https://www.facebook.com/ClintEastwood

-t

fr33
08-05-2012, 12:21 AM
It's a shame that Josey Wales is a fictional character and Clint Eastwood is a real one.

John F Kennedy III
08-05-2012, 12:50 AM
This non-stop bashing of Rand on this forum has gotten ridiculous. Saying it a couple of times, if that is how you feel, is one thing. But, over and over and over again? This thread isn't even about Rand, but you just had to throw it in. :rolleyes:

This ^

Pull your panties out of your ass already.

John F Kennedy III
08-05-2012, 12:58 AM
Lee Van Cleef was a way better western actor anyway :)

QuickZ06
08-05-2012, 01:00 AM
He's supposed to be a one of the few libertarians in Hollywood so he's not that horrible.

http://www.libertarianism.com/pop_celebrity/clint-eastwood

Well his actions speak louder than his words.

kylejack
08-05-2012, 02:30 AM
It's about a person who endorsed Mitt Romney, and who is 'forgetting his libertarian principles'. Yes, Rand comes to mind as well. If Rand doesn't want to be bashed by me, maybe he should stop voting for sanctions and stop endorsing a neo-conservative. Pretty sure he doesn't care, though, so I don't know why you do either.

LibertyEagle
08-05-2012, 03:21 AM
It's about a person who endorsed Mitt Romney, and who is 'forgetting his libertarian principles'. Yes, Rand comes to mind as well. If Rand doesn't want to be bashed by me, maybe he should stop voting for sanctions and stop endorsing a neo-conservative. Pretty sure he doesn't care, though, so I don't know why you do either.

I don't. So, start a thread of your OWN and bash the hell out of him there. But, stop putting the crap in other peoples' threads that have nothing whatsoever to do with Rand.

kylejack
08-05-2012, 09:42 AM
It has everything to do with Rand, because a celebrity is being criticized for doing the same thing that an icon of the movement has done.

John F Kennedy III
08-05-2012, 01:02 PM
It has everything to do with Rand, because a celebrity is being criticized for doing the same thing that an icon of the movement has done.

You look for any little excuse to whine and cry about Rand. It's beyond pathetic at this point.

qh4dotcom
08-05-2012, 01:05 PM
And the fellow who endorsed Ron Paul. (I don't remember his name.)

Joe Rogan.

Drew Carey is the only Hollywood celebrity I know who donated to Ron Paul.

ghengis86
08-05-2012, 01:10 PM
It's a shame that Josey Wales is a fictional character and Clint Eastwood is a real one.

Truth^

or the Preacher

juleswin
08-05-2012, 05:12 PM
Joe Rogan.

Dont tell me you guys are forgeting the great comedic genius who endorsed Ron Paul. Shame on you guys, Vince Vaugh is the fellow he is talking about. Joe Rogan is not an actor and Drew Carey is a libertarian who has not endorsed Ron Paul

BlackTerrel
08-05-2012, 05:15 PM

Do we really need this in EVERY SINGLE THREAD?

We get it. You don't like Rand. There's a subforum for that. You don't need to push it every fucking thread.

BlackTerrel
08-05-2012, 05:17 PM
Joe Rogan.

Vince Vaughn?

BlackTerrel
08-05-2012, 05:17 PM
Dont tell me you guys are forgeting the great comedic genius who endorsed Ron Paul. Shame on you guys, Vince Vaugh is the fellow he is talking about. Joe Rogan is not an actor and Drew Carey is a libertarian who has not endorsed Ron Paul

Beat me to it. Yep.

WilliamShrugged
08-05-2012, 05:23 PM

lol agreed

WilliamShrugged
08-05-2012, 05:26 PM

Joe Rogan is a actor. From wikipedia

Acting
In 1994, he co-starred on the Fox comedy Hardball as Frank Valente, the young, ego-centric star player on a fictional professional baseball team.[10] From 1995 to 1999, he co-starred on the comedy NewsRadio. He portrayed Joe Garrelli, the electrician at WNYX, a news radio station in New York City.[11] In 2002, he appeared on the episode "A Beautiful Mind" of Just Shoot Me as Chris, Maya Gallo's boyfriend.[12] In 2011, Rogan played his first major character in a movie in the Kevin James movie Zookeeper.[13] He is slated to play himself in an upcoming action-comedy starring Kevin James called Here Comes the Boom, set to be released in the summer of 2012.[14]

DamianTV
08-06-2012, 02:57 AM
Well, I just lost all respect for Clint Eastwood.

jmdrake
08-06-2012, 04:59 AM

If your point is that it's unfair to bash Clint Eastwood for doing what Rand Paul did....I agree. We can't have it both ways. Either it's okay for people like Rand and Clint to be "strategic" in their endorsements or it's not. And that's the risk of the whole "stealth strategy". I appreciate why Rand did what he did. But that also means being mindful of the fallout.

Noob
08-06-2012, 05:37 AM

Like Romney Eastwood goes to the Bohemian Grove, so no surprise here.

pochy1776
08-07-2012, 08:42 PM
Gran Torino Was an awesome movie that i can relate to. And i'd rather have a Walt Kowalski than a (add liberal actor here.)

The Free Hornet
08-07-2012, 09:58 PM

AFAIK, he has only mentioned Ron Paul once (~0:35):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZveW_M4CE28

Joke vid, but when it comes to politics, these clowns are jokes. I don't fathom how someone can have an interest in politics and make status quo choices.