PDA

View Full Version : K-9 cop kill his own dog

QuickZ06
08-03-2012, 11:32 PM
Can't even trust these guys with a dog and they want more military toys?????

August 3, 2012 Mercer County, Oh. (Indiana's NewsCenter) -- An Ohio police dog is dead after being left in a hot police cruiser.
The incident happened at the Mercer County Sheriff's office.

The Sheriff says the deputy came back from the field to work on a project and left the dog in the car.
The K-9, named Zak, was trapped in the car for hours.
When the deputy went back to the car and realized what happened, he sped to the vet.. but it was too late.
Deputy Fortcamp is on administrative leave while the Chief Deputy investigates the tragedy.

Mercer County, Oh. (Indiana's NewsCenter) -- An Ohio police dog is dead after being left in a hot police cruiser.
The incident happened at the Mercer County Sheriff's office.

http://www.indianasnewscenter.com/news/local/Ohio-Police-Dog-Dies-After-Being-Left-In-Hot-Police-Cruiser-164941026.html

Anti Federalist
08-03-2012, 11:48 PM
A Mundane would probably be in jail now.

luctor-et-emergo
08-04-2012, 12:21 AM

You are absolutely correct about that.
Anyone working for government gets away with killing their dogs like this.
This exact same thing has happened here too, two police dogs, one police car, nobody charged.

LibertyEagle
08-04-2012, 12:57 AM
Yes, didn't they recently categorize police dogs as regular members of the police force? If so, why isn't the policeman in question being charged with murder?

kcchiefs6465
08-04-2012, 01:07 AM
Yes, didn't they recently categorize police dogs as regular members of the police force? If so, why isn't the policeman in question being charged with murder?
Yeah, anyone else who inadvertently killed a police dog would be charged with negligent homicide and/or assault on a peace officer. Not that I agree with multi-year jail sentences for forgetting your dog in a hot car but L.E. should be at least held to the same standards as everyone else.

GunnyFreedom
08-04-2012, 01:56 AM
Yeah, anyone else who inadvertently killed a police dog would be charged with negligent homicide and/or assault on a peace officer. Not that I agree with multi-year jail sentences for forgetting your dog in a hot car but L.E. should be at least held to the same standards as everyone else.

Article 4 Section 4 of the US Constitution guaranteeing to every State "a republican form of government," demands that all citizens be held accountable to the same laws and the same standards. One of the fundamental premises of a republican form of government is that the ordinary uninvolved citizen on the margins of society is held precisely accountable to the exact same law and standards as a Sheriff, or a Governor or a President. Of course, I don't need to tell you all that our government no longer abides by the Constitution, we all here already know that. But it is good to be able to point to the exact part of the Constitution being ignored as it makes it that much easier to point out the hypocrisy to those who are yet asleep.

sailingaway
08-04-2012, 09:27 AM

I came across a video of an old police dog left in a dumpster, still alive. Obviously, I don't know how he got there, but he was a police dog, and was left in a dumpster.

I will say that I think most cops, like most people, period, are good people trying to do their job. It is just that they are given so much power that the bad apples are a real problem.

heavenlyboy34
08-04-2012, 10:09 AM
I came across a video of an old police dog left in a dumpster, still alive. Obviously, I don't know how he got there, but he was a police dog, and was left in a dumpster.

I will say that I think most cops, like most people, period, are good people trying to do their job. It is just that they are given so much power that the bad apples are a real problem.

There are no good cops anymore. They’re all bad. Even this former New Orleans cop (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFNSueFs4KE) says 70% of his department should be fired or indicted.
-Austin White (http://www.copblock.org/12300/there-are-no-good-cops/) (of Copblock.org)

coastie
08-04-2012, 03:49 PM

My definition of a good person and yours seem to be galaxies apart.:p

roho76
08-04-2012, 03:55 PM

Could the Sun be considered a mundane? How would he go about beating the Sun to a pulp and then saying that the Sun pulled a gun on him and he then returned fire killing the suspect (Sun)?

WhistlinDave
08-04-2012, 04:00 PM

I agree. And while I agree that this cop should suffer the same criminal charges any civilian would, I have to say that any punishment the law could dish out will probably pale in comparison to the agony he's already going through knowing he was responsible for the horrible suffering and death of his partner, who was probably one of his best friends.

KCIndy
08-04-2012, 05:27 PM

Absolutely bang-on, 100% correct, both of you! A police dog is considered a police officer under the law (at least when the cops want to boost the charges of some poor bastard upon whom they've sicced "officer" Fido) so this should be considered negligent homicide on the part of the K-9 officer...

...and I'll betcha some real big money that no charges will be filed in this incident.

MJU1983
08-04-2012, 05:38 PM
Article 4 Section 4 of the US Constitution guaranteeing to every State "a republican form of government," demands that all citizens be held accountable to the same laws and the same standards. One of the fundamental premises of a republican form of government is that the ordinary uninvolved citizen on the margins of society is held precisely accountable to the exact same law and standards as a Sheriff, or a Governor or a President. Of course, I don't need to tell you all that our government no longer abides by the Constitution, we all here already know that. But it is good to be able to point to the exact part of the Constitution being ignored as it makes it that much easier to point out the hypocrisy to those who are yet asleep.

QFT

belian78
08-04-2012, 06:19 PM
How's something like this happen? We all know that cops will leave their cars running for hours on end with the air blasting full force, while they're eating dinner or shootin the shit in the gas station.

Anti Federalist
08-04-2012, 06:20 PM
I will say that I think most cops, like most people, period, are good people trying to do their job.

I disagree.

The power that you mentioned has attracted the very worst sort of people to the profession, so that you get to the point where are right now, where most are now "bad apples", just itching for the chance to light our asses up over something and the minority is holding a mindset of a "peace officer".

PaulConventionWV
08-04-2012, 06:54 PM

There's that phrase, "bad apples", again, and again... and again.

AGRP
08-04-2012, 07:02 PM
Maybe the dog shot itself in the back of its head.

QuickZ06
08-04-2012, 07:11 PM

There is no such thing as a good cop, because all supposed "good cops" are just protecting the bad ones, thus making them just as bad, as these kind of stories keep happening. Cops will and always have protected there own because that is the mentality they instill in you. I would bet that pretty much every "good cop" knows or has heard of other cops on the force abusing their power but do absolutely nothing about it but the ones that do step up, well we know they get silenced pretty quick and are usually kicked off the force themselves.

AGRP
08-04-2012, 07:16 PM
There is no such thing as a good cop, because all supposed "good cops" are just protecting the bad ones, thus making them just as bad, as these kind of stories keep happening. Cops will and always have protected there own because that is the mentality they instill in you. I would bet that pretty much every "good cop" knows or has heard of other cops on the force abusing their power but do absolutely nothing about it but the ones that do step up, well we know they get silenced pretty quick and are usually kicked off the force themselves.

If there were any good cops they would "rat" on the bad ones...which we know never happens. So, the options are either a) No bad cops or b) No good cops. Its really a mathematical law if you think about it.

Tod
08-04-2012, 10:19 PM
I added this comment on several news articles, on the Celina, OH Moose Facebook Page (they donated $5k) and to several members of the Celina Eagles (they donated $1.5k) and on the Mercer County APL Facebook Page.

In reviewing the Ohio Revised Code, it sounds like the officer should AT LEAST be: Charged with a 3rd degree felony, pay for a replacement dog out of his own pocket (for use by ANOTHER officer), pay any vet bills associated with the death, and of course terminated from his job as a sheriff's deputy.

I say AT LEAST because there are probably a lot of other laws concerning animal abuse that were violated.

The question is, will the prosecutor pursue justice for the dog? Will the local Humane Officer? This was an inexcusable horrible death for the dog.

Mercer County, OH Prosecuting Attorney:

119 North Walnut Street.
Celina, OH 45822.
419-586-8677

Mercer County, OH Animal Protection League:

APLMC
PO Box 663.
Celina, OH 45822.
419-586-2887
info@aplmercer.com
http://www.aplmercer.com/

I would encourage everyone contact these two and express your desire for justice for the death of the dog. In addition, I would encourage peaceful protest outside the sheriff's office or Prosecuting Attorney's office.

http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/2921.321
(A) No person shall knowingly cause, or attempt to cause, physical harm to a police dog or horse in either of the following circumstances:
(2) The police dog or horse is not assisting a law enforcement officer in the performance of the officer’s official duties at the time the physical harm is caused or attempted, but the offender has actual knowledge that the dog or horse is a police dog or horse.
(4) Engage in any conduct that is likely to cause serious physical injury or death to a police dog or horse;.
(E)(1) Whoever violates division (A) of this section is guilty of assaulting a police dog or horse.
If the violation results in the death of the police dog or horse, assaulting a police dog or horse is a felony of the third degree.
(5) In addition to any other sanction or penalty imposed for the offense under this section, Chapter 2929., or any other provision of the Revised Code, whoever violates division (A), (B), (C), or (D) of this section is responsible for the payment of all of the following:
(a) Any veterinary bill or bill for medication incurred as a result of the violation by the police department regarding a violation of division (A) or (B) of this section or by the blind, deaf or hearing impaired, or mobility impaired person assisted or served by the assistance dog regarding a violation of division (C) or (D) of this section;.
(d) If the violation resulted in the death of the police dog or horse or the assistance dog that was the subject of the violation or resulted in serious physical harm to that dog or horse to the extent that the dog or horse needs to be replaced on either a temporary or a permanent basis, the cost of replacing that dog or horse and of any further training of a new police dog or horse or a new assistance dog by a law enforcement officer or by the blind, deaf or hearing impaired, or mobility impaired person assisted or served by the assistance dog, which replacement or training is required because of the death of or the serious physical harm to the dog or horse that was the subject of the violation.

Pericles
08-04-2012, 10:30 PM
I agree. And while I agree that this cop should suffer the same criminal charges any civilian would, I have to say that any punishment the law could dish out will probably pale in comparison to the agony he's already going through knowing he was responsible for the horrible suffering and death of his partner, who was probably one of his best friends.

Newsflash! Cops are civilians. Under the terms of the Geneva Conventions, cops are non combatants, and are thus, civilians. Only military personnel who are combatants, and subject to the laws of war, are not civilians.

Every time I around a cop who uses the term civilian, I produce my Geneva Conventions ID card, and ask to see his. If you don't have one of those, you are a civilian.

Tod
08-04-2012, 11:08 PM
Newsflash! Cops are civilians. Under the terms of the Geneva Conventions, cops are non combatants, and are thus, civilians. Only military personnel who are combatants, and subject to the laws of war, are not civilians.

Every time I around a cop who uses the term civilian, I produce my Geneva Conventions ID card, and ask to see his. If you don't have one of those, you are a civilian.

Cops and Firefighters typically refer to people who aren't, as civilians. It comes with the "I am a cop (or firefighter) and am therefore privileged" attitude.

PaulConventionWV
08-05-2012, 09:31 PM
If there were any good cops they would "rat" on the bad ones...which we know never happens. So, the options are either a) No bad cops or b) No good cops. Its really a mathematical law if you think about it.

It cannot be a mathematical law because of the subjective nature of the words "good" and "bad".

Danke
08-05-2012, 09:49 PM
Every time I around a cop who uses the term civilian, I produce my Geneva Conventions ID card

Whoa. U bad ass. I want one.

heavenlyboy34
08-05-2012, 10:44 PM
It cannot be a mathematical law because of the subjective nature of the words "good" and "bad". Not necessarily. "good" and "Bad" can be objectively defined regarding cops. (such as-do they or do they not violate the laws they are supposed to "enforce")

PaulConventionWV
08-06-2012, 08:12 AM
Not necessarily. "good" and "Bad" can be objectively defined regarding cops. (such as-do they or do they not violate the laws they are supposed to "enforce")

Some of the laws are volatile and their meanings can be disputed. Not to mention that many of the laws are "bad" themselves.

Pericles
08-06-2012, 10:36 AM
Whoa. U bad ass. I want one.

AKA military ID cerd - it will have your Geneva Conventions military class
I - non NCO enlisted
II - NCOs
III - company grade officers
IV - field grade officers
V - generals

Cops are not any of those ...., thus non combatants = civilians.

jbauer
08-06-2012, 10:41 AM
Agree, I know the K-9 officer here. He loves that dog and the ones he trains as if they were another member of his family. With that said he should be held to the same standard as everyone else.