PDA

View Full Version : Paul supporters fighting for control of Oregon delegation to national convention

jct74
08-03-2012, 09:19 PM
Ron Paul supporters fighting for control of Oregon Republican delegation to national convention

Published: Friday, August 03, 2012, 4:46 PM
By Jeff Mapes, The Oregonian

Texas Rep. Ron Paul won less than 13 percent of the vote in Oregon's Republican presidential primary, but his supporters now make up at least half of the state's delegation to the national convention in Tampa later this month.

The Paul forces are also mounting official credentials challenges with the national GOP aimed at giving them full control of the delegation.

In five congressional district conventions held around Oregon on June 23, Republican precinct officials supporting Paul showed up in force and held to a disciplined strategy of voting for a slate of delegates.

In addition to winning the three seats reserved for delegates pledged to support the Texas congressman, the Paul supporters also were selected to fill several slots for delegates who pledge to vote for Romney as well as for another candidate, former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum.

All told, GOP spokesman Greg Leo said he thinks the Paul forces won half of Oregon's 28 delegates to the convention. Tom Armstrong, Paul's Oregon coordinator, said he believes his side actually has 15 of the 28 delegates.

read more:
http://www.oregonlive.com/mapes/index.ssf/2012/08/ron_paul_supporters_fighting_f.html

ClydeCoulter
08-03-2012, 09:36 PM
We'll take 15, yep :D

Monotaur
08-03-2012, 11:16 PM
Uhhh... so Oregon is one of the 5 that we need? :)

thatpeculiarcat
08-04-2012, 03:03 AM
Not holding my breath...

sailingaway
08-04-2012, 09:17 AM
Uhhh... so Oregon is one of the 5 that we need? :)

they are all 'one of the five we need' until we get them. We need to get our delegates AND ALTERNATES there, because there, and even in TX, I think, it is going to come down to who shows up.

sailingaway
08-04-2012, 09:20 AM
We'll take 15, yep :D

that was actually my count at the time, but we were told they were asking us to take down info pending their getting their challenge and declarations, etc. in order. There were too many details being given out, and they wanted to get the story straight from the delegates, etc.

but 15 was my count, of the ORIGINAL DELEGATES. The party cheated on ALTERNATES where we also should have gotten a majority but they shut down conventions, or declared them shut down even when the vote against adjourning won, etc. Each sub convention will be a separate challenge, or at least will need to be based on their individual fact circumstances.

But as the details came in and were double checked by people there, I did count to 15 before pulling the thread.

so:

NV, IA, LA, ME, MN..... and OR......

and counting....

ClydeCoulter
08-04-2012, 09:31 AM

so:

NV, IA, LA, ME, MN..... and OR......

and counting....

and counting... I like it :D

sailingaway
08-04-2012, 09:35 AM
It is VERY key to get EVERY delegate of ours from Oregon to Tampa.

ClydeCoulter
08-04-2012, 09:36 AM
It is VERY key to get EVERY delegate of ours from Oregon to Tampa.

Is there anything we can help with to ensure that?

sailingaway
08-04-2012, 09:38 AM
Is there anything we can help with to ensure that?

one actual alternate even the party recognized had a chip in here..... that was the sort of thing I was thinking of.

Monotaur
08-04-2012, 09:42 AM
they are all 'one of the five we need' until we get them. We need to get our delegates AND ALTERNATES there, because there, and even in TX, I think, it is going to come down to who shows up.

Ah, yeah, sorry. I should have asked if we can count this towards the total used for a floor nomination. I understand that we need to get our delegates there in order for it to count, etc. I was just not expecting that we would get a majority in Oregon based on the info I had read previously.

sailingaway
08-04-2012, 11:58 AM
I like the picture in the article:

http://media.oregonlive.com/mapes/photo/11389248-large.jpg