PDA

View Full Version : How Do We Get The Support Of People Who Are Scared, Afraid, or Terrified?

Indy Vidual
11-17-2007, 10:40 PM
How Do We Get The Support Of People Who Are Scared, Afraid, or Terrified?

Most of you don't need me to list reasons why individual Americans might be Scared, Afraid, or Terrified. :eek:

http://www.1life1time.com/images/cheney1.jpg

America Today =

* Mortgage Crisis
* Terror Alerts
* Energy Prices
* Killer Cops
* Americans sent to Gitmo :eek:
* Iran Situation = WW3
*' Martial Law and Order' In Pakistan, New Orleans etc.
* Summer Vacation at FEMA Camp, Are You Ready?
* Global Warming
* Cancer Risks
* 911 Changed Everything
* Suitcase Nukes
* Medical Costs
* Mad Cow Disease
* Bird Flu
* Dollar Crashes
* Drought
* Famine
* Plague
* Hillary's Laugh

I know Ron's theme is "Hope For America", but the televised debates don't give him much time to talk about hope.

How do we talk to and get the support of people who are scared, afraid, or terrified?

American
11-17-2007, 10:50 PM
I have found most people dont remember history to well and they dont seem to know about the fiat money system or the Federal Reserve

For some strange reasons if you can get these two points across its a pretty good closer.

Its always about money, just like this war for Oil

Danny
11-17-2007, 10:51 PM
I think the key is to get them to understand that our foreign policy and our troop presence overseas is what motivates people to attack us. Since this is the truth and is very logical, most reasonable people can accept it once it's explained to them. It just requires them to think past the BS that is spewed to them by this adminstration and the Hannity's of the world.

njandrewg
11-17-2007, 11:14 PM
tell them how Ron Paul will fix each problem, and if they bitch about Iraq tell them that they should be afraid of an Iran/Russia/China alliance that we will be responsible for creating by saber rattling in the region

Indy Vidual
11-17-2007, 11:51 PM
What about someone who is afraid to be the first one at their workplace to talk about a 'real alternative?'
Most people feel safer following the crowd, how do you talk them in to being first?

Anti Federalist
11-18-2007, 12:02 AM
What about someone who is afraid to be the first one at their workplace to talk about a 'real alternative?'
Most people feel safer following the crowd, how do you talk them in to being first?

That is why the "money bombs" are so important.

They give a sense of "coming in for the big win" in spite of polling "data".

You are right, most people are afraid to be first, afraid to stick out.

For the most part, ignore them, focus on the "free radicals" people.

The others will follow.

john_anderson_ii
11-18-2007, 12:12 AM
Just do what Ron Paul does. Turn the fear into hope with sound, principled ideas. If they are afraid of terrorists, tell them that following the status quo is what generates these terrorists. The support with that facts about our U.S. foreign, and show them how much better things would be if we didn't have our hands in everyone else's cookie jar.

If they are afraid of facing life without big government social programs to help them, remind them that control is the cost of that help.

Ron Paul's message is powerful. Thursday, while my wife was undergoing outpatient surgery, I converted several senior citizens in the waiting room who were 'terrified' of the social security situation. Many of their children were going to be receiving social security soon, and they knew there was no money in it. I explained to them how we could replace those funds by dismantling and defending our empire, and how important it was to take care of people at home before we go spreading our goodness and wealth around the rest of the world. That's 6 seniors who said they would vote for Ron in the primary, and tell their friends about them.

Find out what they are afraid of, and apply Ron Paul's brand of common sense. That will turn fear into hope.

Indy Vidual
11-18-2007, 12:05 PM
Just do what Ron Paul does. Turn the fear into hope with sound, principled ideas. If they are afraid of terrorists, tell them that following the status quo is what generates these terrorists. The support with that facts about our U.S. foreign, and show them how much better things would be if we didn't have our hands in everyone else's cookie jar.

If they are afraid of facing life without big government social programs to help them, remind them that control is the cost of that help.

Ron Paul's message is powerful. Thursday, while my wife was undergoing outpatient surgery, I converted several senior citizens in the waiting room who were 'terrified' of the social security situation. Many of their children were going to be receiving social security soon, and they knew there was no money in it. I explained to them how we could replace those funds by dismantling and defending our empire, and how important it was to take care of people at home before we go spreading our goodness and wealth around the rest of the world. That's 6 seniors who said they would vote for Ron in the primary, and tell their friends about them.

Find out what they are afraid of, and apply Ron Paul's brand of common sense. That will turn fear into hope.

This is a wonderful answer about hope and senior issues.
Thanks. :)

American
11-18-2007, 12:07 PM
If we follow Ron Paul's advice this is likely the results.

Basra attacks down 90% since British troops left
http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/246289

Am I the only one connecting the dots on this or what?

WTF =\

Spirit of '76
11-18-2007, 12:15 PM

Great post.

Five star thread so far.