PDA

View Full Version : Pat Buchanan: Is Mitt Being Neoconned Into War?

LibertyEagle
08-03-2012, 11:03 AM
Is Mitt Being Neoconned Into War?
July 31, 2012
By Patrick Buchanan

Has Mitt Romney given Israel a blank check for war?

So it seemed from the declaration in Jerusalem by his adviser Dan Senor, who all but flashed Israel a green light for war, signaling the Israelis that, if you go, Mitt’s got your back:

“If Israel has to take action on its own in order to stop Iran from developing that capability, the governor would respect that decision.”

“No option would be excluded. Gov. Romney recognizes Israel’s right to defend itself and that it is right for America to stand with it.”

What does “stand with” Israel, if she launches a surprise attack on Iran, mean? Does it mean the United States will guide Israeli planes to their targets and provide bases on their return? Does it mean U.S. air cover while Israeli planes strike Iran?

This would make America complicit in a pre-emptive strike and a co-belligerent in the war to follow.

What Senor said comes close to being a U.S. war guarantee for Israel, while leaving the decision as to when the war begins to them.

This country has never done that before.

For the rest... (http://buchanan.org/blog/is-mitt-being-neoconned-into-war-5118)

Anti Federalist
08-03-2012, 11:07 AM
This country has never done that before.

No, it hasn't, not to this degree.

Obamney's commitments to war started by Israel is over the top.

I'd only question this: does he even mean it?

Nothing else the man says can be taken at face value.

jay_dub
08-03-2012, 11:11 AM
Whether it is Romney or another, this country uses Israel as a moral crutch to justify its meddling in the ME. What we are really doing is the Saudis bidding, but of course we can't be seen saying that.

The Goat
08-03-2012, 11:13 AM
A lot of people around here like to say Romney isn't a neocon...He just hasn't been given the oppurtuinty to prove it yet.

LibertyEagle
08-03-2012, 11:17 AM
A lot of people around here like to say Romney isn't a neocon...He just hasn't been given the oppurtuinty to prove it yet.

His foreign policy staff certainly are. But, in the past, Romney was a Rockefeller-Republican. Neither is a compliment, you know. ;)

HOLLYWOOD
08-03-2012, 11:41 AM
Look at this "Puppet" reading off the teleprompters that his masters wrote for he to parrot. The presidency is a puppet placement today... distract on social issues, incite fear on monetary/global issues.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/americas/2012/07/201272917928694956.html

That speech in Israel is INSANE... if TPTB can't cut a deal with splitting the Iranian conquest profits, then R money strings will be pulled by his Masters in taking us to WWIII

Military and Security Industrial Complexes salivate at the commencement of the games.

The Goat
08-03-2012, 12:20 PM
His foreign policy staff certainly are. But, in the past, Romney was a Rockefeller-Republican. Neither is a compliment, you know. ;)

Republican is an insult, so ading "rockefeller" to the beginning is only going to make it worse. lol

LibertyEagle
08-03-2012, 12:24 PM
Republican is an insult, so ading "rockefeller" to the beginning is only going to make it worse. lol

No, it's not. Or, did you forget that Ron Paul is a Republican and also a whole lot of us.

WhistlinDave
08-03-2012, 01:00 PM
If Ron Paul does not win the nomination, we are doomed to WWIII. I see it as inevitable if either Obama or Romney is elected.

seyferjm
08-03-2012, 01:19 PM
If Ron Paul does not win the nomination, we are doomed to WWIII. I see it as inevitable if either Obama or Romney is elected.

So do I :(

heavenlyboy34
08-03-2012, 01:22 PM
His foreign policy staff certainly are. But, in the past, Romney was a Rockefeller-Republican. Neither is a compliment, you know. ;) +a bunch.

heavenlyboy34
08-03-2012, 01:26 PM
I'm a little cynical about this. Even if the "war on terror" is expanded into Saudi Arabia or whatever, that doesn't make it a "war"-it's just expanding the occupied territories. To me, a "war" is 2 or more forces engaging in battle on a battlefield of some kind. Murdering civilians like the western powers do in the occupied areas would be considered war crimes in a real war. I don't want a war at all, but if there must be one-do it the right way. Declare it and WIN it. No more occupations, murder, and war profiteering. :mad:

heavenlyboy34
08-03-2012, 01:28 PM
No, it's not. Or, did you forget that Ron Paul is a Republican and also a whole lot of us.
RP is a constitutionalist libertarian who uses the Republican party to achieve his goals. Many of the founders warned against political parties, and they were right.

tangent4ronpaul
08-03-2012, 01:45 PM
No, it hasn't, not to this degree.

Obamney's commitments to war started by Israel is over the top.

I'd only question this: does he even mean it?

Nothing else the man says can be taken at face value.

Remember, this was right on top of a fundraiser. If you feed $100 bills into the little slot in the back of Romney's head, he will say whatever you want him to.

OTOH: you do not staff up with neocon foreign policy advisers if this isn't the direction we are headed.

-t

Brian4Liberty
08-03-2012, 01:50 PM
This would make America complicit in a pre-emptive strike and a co-belligerent in the war to follow.

Ah, the wonderful world of newspeak. They now call initiating a war with a sneak attack "pre-emptive".

Pearl Harbor must have been nothing more than a "pre-emptive" strike.

anaconda
08-03-2012, 01:54 PM
The government is an independent criminal racketeering organization and freely engages in turf wars. All financed with extortion money from you and I. Why are we surprised that Romney would jump to attack Iran?

Meatwasp
08-03-2012, 03:07 PM
My husband used to paint houses for the Jewish folks in Hollywood. He told me he could hear the the lady of the house phoning all the rich Jews and threatened them if they didn't send money to Israel.
We moved down here then and we were surprised that tax payers were sending money to Israel now
don't mind helping someone out but please our country is BROKE

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
08-03-2012, 04:45 PM

Obama showed his intentions, with his own staff selection shortly after he entered office. Romney's foreign policy staff tell you everything you need to know. And he lays it out there for anyone who cares to look.

Seraphim
08-03-2012, 04:49 PM
This is correct, but I will add that WW3 is already underway. WELL underway.

The full brunt of this reality has not yet hit. It will. And then it will get much, much worse.

AGRP
08-03-2012, 07:07 PM

Ron Paul will essentially end the wars? Yeah right. Hate to break it to you, but even with his "powers" one man can't override the will of the current tyranny.

LibForestPaul
08-03-2012, 08:06 PM
Look at this "Puppet" reading off the teleprompters that his masters wrote for he to parrot. The presidency is a puppet placement today... distract on social issues, incite fear on monetary/global issues.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/americas/2012/07/201272917928694956.html

That speech in Israel is INSANE... if TPTB can't cut a deal with splitting the Iranian conquest profits, then R money strings will be pulled by his Masters in taking us to WWIII

Military and Security Industrial Complexes salivate at the commencement of the games.

If there is an anti-christ, this man is it.

LibertyEagle
08-03-2012, 08:10 PM
RP is a constitutionalist libertarian who uses the Republican party to achieve his goals. Many of the founders warned against political parties, and they were right.

That does not change the fact that he is a Republican and has been for well over 30 years.

That says nothing about whether he, you, or I LIKE political parties, or consider them anything more than vehicles to achieve goals.

Agorism
08-03-2012, 08:11 PM
I'm kinda starting to feel like if people haven't figured this *(^% out by now, they are too dense or too in their own world to ever figure it out.

Agorism
08-03-2012, 08:17 PM
Just made a new signature since Romney and Rand are trying fool us again.

pochy1776
08-04-2012, 06:58 PM
Ron Paul is the reincarnation of Constantine, Jefferson, Thoreau, Cleveland, Hemingway and Coolidge. If we don't elect him, the biblical apocalypse will come and americawill die in a sea of tyrannical fire. We will then have to move to CANADA!!!!! If elected, Ron Paul will extend the republic by 150 years.

LibertyEagle
08-04-2012, 07:03 PM
Just made a new signature since Romney and Rand are trying fool us again.

Dude, I think you've been reading too much on your favorite leftist sites that you love to link to so often. Rand is nothing like Willard.

:rolleyes: