PDA

View Full Version : Ben Swann: Proof US Funding al-Qaeda In Syria

PierzStyx
08-02-2012, 10:52 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxqYnxrxHX8&feature=plcp

We are not at war with al-Qaeda. We have never been at war with al-Qaeda.

LibertyEagle
08-02-2012, 10:58 PM
Ben is amazing.

Kluge
08-03-2012, 05:48 AM
Pretty sure I'd go to prison if I gave someone associated with al-Qaeda a dollar, regardless of whether I knew they were associated or not. Since that's illegal, and the government is involved with them (aiding and abetting)--if I pay my taxes, will I be breaking the law?

ghengis86
08-03-2012, 05:56 AM
Pretty sure I'd go to prison if I gave someone associated with al-Qaeda a dollar, regardless of whether I knew they were associated or not. Since that's illegal, and the government is involved with them (aiding and abetting)--if I pay my taxes, will I be breaking the law?

Yes. But if you don't pay your taxes, you'll get caged. See how that works? Wonderful system isn't it?

shane77m
08-03-2012, 06:39 AM
Great report. Time for a citizens arrest or to start calling for the arrest of Obama and Congress for giving aid to the enemy.

Kluge
08-03-2012, 06:47 AM
Yes. But if you don't pay your taxes, you'll get caged. See how that works? Wonderful system isn't it?

But Harry Reid said that taxes are voluntary.

Bruno
08-03-2012, 06:54 AM
How 1984

Bastiat's The Law
08-03-2012, 08:17 AM
This is what Michael Scheuer warned about a year ago getting involved in Libya.

belian78
08-03-2012, 08:25 AM
Anyone have a mirror or anything? Youtube has the vid as unavailable.

ghengis86
08-03-2012, 08:26 AM
But Harry Reid said that taxes are voluntary.

They are. You can voluntarily calculate them yourself and pay. Or the IRS will calculate them and collect them for you. See, the choice is yours! Funding al-CIAda is your patriotic duty good citizen!

Muwahid
08-03-2012, 08:35 AM
Good report by Ben, but that's not proof the US is funding al Qaeda in Syria :confused: it's just proof the US is aiding the Syrian opposition. You can make a case for non-interventionism without dramatics about turrorists, because the US shouldn't be involved in Syria even if the opposition fighters are staunchly pro-American (which they're probably not), I find people so hard trying to demonize a legitimate revolution in Syria, in a bid to demonize Washington, and in doing so vindicating child murders like Bashar al Asad. But at least Ben was more balanced than half the nutjobs here.

sailingaway
08-03-2012, 11:00 AM
I just don't think their revolution is ours to intervene in. I have no idea who the good guys are, but neither do they, as they showed in Libya, so isn't that reason to keep OUT?

jmdrake
08-03-2012, 11:54 AM
Good report by Ben, but that's not proof the US is funding al Qaeda in Syria :confused: it's just proof the US is aiding the Syrian opposition.

I'm curious. Why are you willing to say that Israel poisoned Yasser Arafat with zero proof, and yet when anyone lays out a clear and cogent argument that U.S. funding has supported Al Qaeda you get all squeamish? Ben Swans report is that the "It's just the Syrian opposition being funded" argument is the same argument that turned out not to be true in the case of Libya. When the smoke cleared and the dust settled, the evidence was overwhelming that there weren't just a few Al Qaeda forces "on the fringes" of the Libyan operation, but they were basically running the show. The evidence is mounting that the same thing is happening in Syria.

You can make a case for non-interventionism without dramatics about turrorists, because the US shouldn't be involved in Syria even if the opposition fighters are staunchly pro-American (which they're probably not), I find people so hard trying to demonize a legitimate revolution in Syria, in a bid to demonize Washington, and in doing so vindicating child murders like Bashar al Asad. But at least Ben was more balanced than half the nutjobs here.

That's just it. We don't know whether the revolution in Syria is "legitimate" or not. It's not my business. I'm sure some of the Taliban fighters in Afghanistan had "legitimate" reasons for doing what they were doing. And? You're point? I'm sure Hamas and Hezbollah have some legitimate beef with Israel. But when we (as in the United States) demonize Iran for supporting both groups we don't say "Sure there are some bad elements, but let's not demonize the legitimate resistance to Israel." This is about calling a spade a spade. It's not about placating your Islamic politically correct sensibilities.