PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul on G4 TV "AOTS" !

DXDoug
06-20-2007, 10:37 PM
Checked rons website and hes gonna be on G4 TV "Attack of the Show" June 26 7:30pm ET .

Any one else watch G4? This should be Great and will reach a huge crowd of people! wonder who arranged that one but glad they did!

Nice Pic too on G4's website !
http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/2203/ronpaulaotsja8.jpg

AlexAmore
06-20-2007, 10:40 PM
OMG I watched that show a couple of times before. I never ever would have thought Ron Paul would go on that....I didn't think any politician would go on that. I don't think it's a bad show, but I never thought the show cared about politics.

Good stuff though. It should reach a good video game crowd and they all love privacy....and marijuana! lol

DXDoug
06-20-2007, 10:42 PM
Ya i could imagine maybe the people who run G4 are people like us and see Ron Paul as some one you just gotta put on tv :)

BLS
06-20-2007, 10:44 PM
OMG I watched that show a couple of times before. I never ever would have thought Ron Paul would go on that....I didn't think any politician would go on that. I don't think it's a bad show, but I never thought the show cared about politics.

Good stuff though. It should reach a good video game crowd and they all love privacy....and marijuana! lol

Nice generalization. I happen to have an Xbox 360, a 54" HDTV, a 7.1 Surround Sound Stereo, all new speakers and a 400 watt subwoofer.

I also am an IT Network Engineer. Basically I design, implement and maintain computer networks.

And I DON'T SMOKE DOPE.

http://public.fotki.com/fruitjacket/hdtv-pics/hdtvpics003.html

LibertyCzar
06-20-2007, 10:49 PM
Meanwhile, Fred Thompson is trying to "Win Ben Stein's Money". j/k

This is great! :D

theknightshift
06-20-2007, 10:52 PM
That is big, BIG stuff here. If anything on television has its finger on the pulse, Attack Of The Show is it.

And I'm hard-pressed to think of any other candidate who might have this same kind of "buzz" about them.

james1906
06-20-2007, 10:54 PM
i'm guessing a lot of G4's viewers are anti-war capitalists. this is a good audience to reach.

DXDoug
06-20-2007, 10:59 PM
It should more then boost his MySpace Friends since alot of people who watch have them also alot more people will know him and will be meeting up and voting for him :)

amonasro
06-20-2007, 11:01 PM
Nice generalization. I happen to have an Xbox 360, a 54" HDTV, a 7.1 Surround Sound Stereo, all new speakers and a 400 watt subwoofer.

I also am an IT Network Engineer. Basically I design, implement and maintain computer networks.

And I DON'T SMOKE DOPE.

LOL, you might consider starting with that setup :D

AlexAmore
06-20-2007, 11:03 PM

And I DON'T SMOKE DOPE.

There are always exceptions to the rule...heck i'm an exception too! Anyways marijuana isn't bad (I even know of a doctor who supports medical marijuana!). Alcohol and cigs are worse. Marijuana was outlawed because of corporate profits, and corrupt government with the help of fearmongering racism.

Anyways I have a Xbox 360 and I chat with people and I met tons of people who were high. They talk about how they always get high before playing video games and I hear them puffing and all that stuff.

DXDoug
06-20-2007, 11:05 PM
on g4tv.com He is First in the Headlines . Glad they are Highlighting the event for all to see ahead of time
Should leave a good Comment !!

ADGettis
06-20-2007, 11:47 PM
So, he's going to be on G4TV on the same day as he's going to be on Mancow…

I'm sure that's not the daily agenda Dr. Paul imagined when he got into this thing.

BLS
06-20-2007, 11:51 PM
LOL, you might consider starting with that setup :D

I can't AFFORD both. ;)

BLS
06-20-2007, 11:52 PM
There are always exceptions to the rule...heck i'm an exception too! Anyways marijuana isn't bad (I even know of a doctor who supports medical marijuana!). Alcohol and cigs are worse. Marijuana was outlawed because of corporate profits, and corrupt government with the help of fearmongering racism.

Anyways I have a Xbox 360 and I chat with people and I met tons of people who were high. They talk about how they always get high before playing video games and I hear them puffing and all that stuff.

I understand...trust me. I just don't appreciate the generalization.
And I agree on hooch in general. It's MUCH safer than booze.

But I don't go around saying it because I don't want non RP'ers thinking he's comprised of stoners who want their weed legal.

Sventity
06-21-2007, 02:01 AM
Here's another gross generalization: The audience for AOTS is extremely tech savvy and just waiting to find someone to support since most are the disenchanted youth of the nation not concerned with politics. While that's not true for everyone, the fact that he takes time to do this show will prove to anyone who watches that this is a man worth fighting for. You want viral marketing? These viewers know how to get it done. They can be obnoxious, but they'll be a boon to the campaign nonetheless. I find it humorous that a 71 year old fuddy-duddy (seemingly) will most likely poll the highest with informed GOP members between the ages of 18-24.

johngr
06-21-2007, 02:35 AM
Marijuana was outlawed because of corporate profits, and corrupt government with the help of fearmongering racism.

The name itself is a racial reference (to Mestizos). I prefer to call it cannabis.

rpliving
06-21-2007, 05:35 AM
"Libertarian presidential candidate Ron Paul will be on Attack of the Show next Tuesday"

Seer
06-21-2007, 06:32 AM
Guys this won't do much except provide us YouTube footage. G4 isn't a successful channel, they're one of the lowest rated on the TV.

angelatc
06-21-2007, 07:12 AM
There are always exceptions to the rule...heck i'm an exception too! Anyways marijuana isn't bad ...... Alcohol and cigs are worse.

I gotta agree. I haven't smoked pot for eons it seems, but I never knew anybody who had worse on pot than they did on alcohol.

AlexAmore
06-21-2007, 07:32 AM
I just saw a number of 125,000 viewers on primetime for G4TV. I think AOTS would be considered primetime.

I just hope Ron Paul isn't going out of his way to do this interview but it may be worth it. A video from G4TV with a presidential candidate would go far on Youtube...I would think. Of course youtube has changed so I dunno anymore.

Scribbler de Stebbing
06-21-2007, 08:04 AM
I find it humorous that a 71 year old fuddy-duddy (seemingly) will most likely poll the highest with informed GOP members between the ages of 18-24.

Of course, they don't poll 18 - 24 yos, because they've never voted before. I'm not familiar with this show or station (I really don't watch tv -- don't even have cable) but I wonder how many of these viewers know what a primary is, much less how to vote in one.

That said, all press is good press, and it sure as hell can't hurt!

AjaxPress
06-21-2007, 08:32 AM
What I always find sad is that the video game community has a lot of young people, but people of that age don't usually care about politics. Ironic since the videogame industry is often used as a scapegoat by politicians.

briatx
06-21-2007, 09:47 AM
Just tell them that if Hillary gets elected we'll have Gun Prohibition... in games. :D

AlexAmore
06-21-2007, 09:48 AM
Just tell them that if Hillary gets elected we'll have Gun Prohibition... in games. :D

Haha Ron Paul needs to say that!:D

MusoSpuso
06-21-2007, 09:59 AM
A friend of mine used to watch this station a lot. I used to watch it too back when it was known as Tech TV and even ZD Tv. Used to be good stuff, mostly tech centered.

G4 was a purely gaming channel back before it aquired Tech TV. When they merged it brought on more diverse "tech" topics but it was and still is mostly centered around gaming.

How "useful" his appearance is can certaintly be debated but I personally think it's a very positive step. It shows his openess to youth. There's actually some important issues he can really get the audience to rally around:

Personal Liberty (no gov regulation of gaming ratings)
Anti Drug-War (young experimental crowd - generally)
Anti Internet Regulation (obvious)

His tax message can certaintly resonate as well I mean who the hell likes paying taxes but the above three I think would be key.

Just my $0.02

LibertyEagle
06-21-2007, 10:01 AM
"Libertarian presidential candidate Ron Paul will be on Attack of the Show next Tuesday"

I wish they'd stop calling him the "Libertarian" presidential candidate. He's a Republican presidential candidate.

LibertyEagle
06-21-2007, 10:03 AM
Of course, they don't poll 18 - 24 yos, because they've never voted before. I'm not familiar with this show or station (I really don't watch tv -- don't even have cable) but I wonder how many of these viewers know what a primary is, much less how to vote in one.

That said, all press is good press, and it sure as hell can't hurt!

Yeah, I'd say it would be up to us to educate them about the primary process after this and make them understand that a lot of them are going to need to register as Republicans and vote in the primary, to give Ron a chance at the nomination.

beermotor
06-21-2007, 10:05 AM

And I DON'T SMOKE DOPE.

What's wrong with smoking dope? Jeez.

EvoPro
06-21-2007, 08:26 PM
I can't wait to see this interview! Ron Paul rules. Weed can be bad if you smoke too much... but everyone should have the right to choose for themselves.