PDA

View Full Version : Pouting Perry Not Happy with DeMint's Inteference in Texas Matters

AuH20
08-02-2012, 08:32 AM
Perry is a little bitch. Excuse my language. :D

http://irmo.patch.com/articles/demint-called-out-by-rick-perry-on-eve-of-texas-senate-vote

While at a phone bank calling voters for Dewhurst, Perry lashed out at DeMint and his supporters, saying that they were having an undue impact on the race and that DeMint's backers were trying to help him replace Texas' John Cornyn as the Majority Whip.

"I don’t think anybody knows David Dewhurst any better than I do. And when we talk about what’s going to be best for Texas, is a senator from South Carolina going to be better for Texas than John Cornyn?" Perry said.

That's exactly why Dewhurst needed to be ousted, Ricky boy!

LibertyEagle
08-02-2012, 08:36 AM
Yes, yes, he is. lol

EDIT: That article left out Ron and Rand too. :mad:

Bern
08-02-2012, 09:00 AM
Cornyn may not survive his next re-election campaign. There are a lot of Texas Republicans who are not very pleased with his voting record or leadership on some key legislation.

IndianaPolitico
08-02-2012, 09:07 AM
Cornyn may not survive his next re-election campaign. There are a lot of Texas Republicans who are not very pleased with his voting record or leadership on some key legislation.

Senator Robert Paul perhaps? :D

Ronulus
08-02-2012, 09:08 AM

I hope we have someone good to go up against him.

Kotin
08-02-2012, 09:10 AM
Cry me a river, Ricky..

AuH20
08-02-2012, 09:10 AM
Does Ron Paul have any promising political acolytes in Texas?

Feeding the Abscess
08-02-2012, 09:33 AM
Yeah, let's cheer for Ted FTC Cruz.

Good to be on the winning team!

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
08-02-2012, 09:59 AM
DeMint has earned a reputation as a kingmaker of sorts among more conservative Republicans in the past few years. He was instrumental in raising millions that helped several Tea Party candidates win office in 2010, including Rand Paul in Kentucky

Really now?

Bern
08-02-2012, 10:26 AM
Does Ron Paul have any promising political acolytes in Texas?

Not that I'm aware of. Debra Medina is likely the highest profile liberty politico in the state, but she is interested in State politics and unlikely to run for US Senate or Congress from what I understand.

If we are lucky, we get another Ted Cruz type - not perfect, but better than the establishment rubber stamp that we have now.

Sola_Fide
08-02-2012, 10:29 AM

Oh yeah

erowe1
08-02-2012, 10:30 AM
Debra Medina is likely the highest profile liberty politico in the state

No she's not. Ron Paul is. I must not be the only one thinking it.

AuH20
08-02-2012, 10:30 AM
Really now?

The SCF has diverted large sums of grassroots donations that used to go the RNC. They are a major player as well as the Club for Growth.

Bern
08-02-2012, 10:44 AM

Word I hear is that Ron is retiring and he's pretty tired of politics. I would definitely support him should he set his sights on the Senate, but I don't think that's in his plans.

erowe1
08-02-2012, 10:45 AM
Word I hear is that Ron is retiring and he's pretty tired of politics. I would definitely support him should he set his sights on the Senate, but I don't think that's in his plans.

I agree. But if he did decide to run, he wouldn't be all that old by senate standards.

TomtheTinker
08-02-2012, 12:58 PM
Ron Paul for senate!!! One could only dream and wonder what kind of impact rand Ron and Gary could of had in the senate

Bastiat's The Law
08-02-2012, 01:55 PM
Or Senator Debra Medina

Bastiat's The Law
08-02-2012, 01:56 PM
I hope we have someone good to go up against him.
Debra Medina :D

Bastiat's The Law
08-02-2012, 01:59 PM
Ron Paul is pushing 80. Let him relax, ride bike, and spend time with his family already.

erowe1
08-02-2012, 02:14 PM
Ron Paul is pushing 80. Let him relax, ride bike, and spend time with his family already.

At pushing 80 he'd fit right in here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_current_United_States_Senators_by_age

I'm all for him doing whatever he wants. But if he decided to run against Cornyn, there's no other candidate who would be as awesome to get behind as him.

Bastiat's The Law
08-02-2012, 02:20 PM
At pushing 80 he'd fit right in here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_current_United_States_Senators_by_age

I'm all for him doing whatever he wants. But if he decided to run against Cornyn, there's no other candidate who would be as awesome to get behind as him.
It's mote. Ron Paul doesn't want to run for Senate or Governor. I'm always surprised when supporters bring this up, Ron Paul has always been a philosopher and teacher moreso than an executive. Barking orders isn't in Ron Paul's mental makeout.

aclove
08-02-2012, 02:40 PM
It's mote. Ron Paul doesn't want to run for Senate or Governor. I'm always surprised when supporters bring this up, Ron Paul has always been a philosopher and teacher moreso than an executive. Barking orders isn't in Ron Paul's mental makeout.

This. Ron ran for Congress to spread the message. That's his main interest in the position. Now that he's sparked a movement, his retirement will allow him to travel the country and preach Liberty on his own schedule, assured that he'll have eager crowds to listen wherever he goes. That's what he wants to do, and if he doesn't have to run for office or fly back to Washington for votes to do it, that makes retirement all the more attractive to the good Doctor. I say he's earned it.

erowe1
08-02-2012, 02:41 PM
I say he's earned it.

No doubt about that.

But still...

AJ Antimony
08-02-2012, 03:50 PM
Ron Paul for Senate in 2014? Really?

Wow this is Ron Paul Forums of all places and it actually has users who are completely ignorant of 2 very important career decisions Ron has made...

1. He is retiring. Period. If Ron wanted to be in Washington longer, then he'd run for re-election to the House and keep his chairmanship.

2. Ron is a member of the GOP. Ron votes against the GOP more than anyone else. The GOP doesn't like that. So why hasn't the GOP primaried Ron every two years? Because he made a deal with them. The deal is, he would never endorse against Texas Republican incumbents. If he were to even bother endorsing a tough primary or general election contest, it would always be for the Republican incumbent. Ron running in 2014 against the incumbent Cornyn would break that deal.