PDA

View Full Version : The effectiveness of banner/text advertising

Sematary
11-17-2007, 09:22 PM
These are the three sites I've asked Trevor to keep an eye on for me. The offtopic.com one has been up for a few days now as has the doomwadstation.com banner. The thehousingbubbleblog.com link just went up tonight. These are *all-time* numbers:

offtopic.com = 262
doomwadstation.com = 70
thehousingbubbleblog.com = 5

I have to imagine that a certain percentage (unknown what that percentage might be) would have actually signed up. The one on doomwadstation.com is actually the background from the teaparty07.com and spells out all the beautiful details of our plan so anyone who clicked through HAD to know what they were going there for. The offtopic.com ad is a text ad at the top of all pages and the other is a small banner ad. As you guys can see - they are effective, and cost effective as well. The offtopic ad is costing $50 a week and if ONLY one person per week were to sign up then it would have been a good ROI.
So, I am going to be working hard to get more banners on more sites next week and I need your help (help = $$$).
My paypal is interleave1@earthlink.net

Thanks for your help (aka $$$).
:D

Sematary
11-17-2007, 09:55 PM
bump

Sematary
11-17-2007, 10:38 PM
So, anyway - back to the point of this thread. I can keep doing this, but I need money. :)