PDA

View Full Version : FL - File under "Never call the cops"

Anti Federalist
08-01-2012, 03:01 PM
Port Orange police charge woman after she re-enacts domestic abuse claim on cop

By PATRICIO G. BALONA

July 27, 2012 10:08 AM

http://www.news-journalonline.com/breakingnews/2012/07/woman-arrested-when-officer-asks-her-to-demonstrate-how-husband-attacked-her.html

A Port Orange police officer asked a woman to show him how her husband tried to strangle her and when the woman put two fingers on the policeman's neck, she got arrested, records show.

Officer Michael Garay, responding to a domestic disturbance, charged Claudia Ambroziak, 58, with battery on a law enforcement officer, although he asked the woman for the demonstration, police reports state.

"I asked Claudia to show me how Joe (Ambroziak) choked her," Garay wrote in his report. "Claudia was able to place approximately two fingers and her thumb around the front of my neck...was able to apply pressure to the front of my neck."

Garay said he then grabbed Claudia Ambroziak's hand "before she was able to apply any more pressure to my neck," and charged her with battery on a law enforcement officer, according to his report.

The incident happened when Garay responded to a domestic disturbance call at 10:57 a.m. Wednesday at a Hoyt Drive home in Port Orange. Joe Ambroziak told Garay his wife of 33 years kicked him in the back while they were arguing and tried to attack him. Joe Ambroziak told the officer he protected himself by placing his right hand around Claudia Ambroziak's neck.

And when interviewing Claudia Ambroziak, Garay asked her to show him how her husband choked her. The woman jumped off the couch and said "I'll show how you how he did," and reached out to place her fingers on the officer's neck.

She got arrested for touching the officer. Claudia Ambroziak was also charged with domestic battery.

John F Kennedy III
08-01-2012, 03:10 PM
Port Orange police charge woman after she re-enacts domestic abuse claim on cop

By PATRICIO G. BALONA

July 27, 2012 10:08 AM

http://www.news-journalonline.com/breakingnews/2012/07/woman-arrested-when-officer-asks-her-to-demonstrate-how-husband-attacked-her.html

A Port Orange police officer asked a woman to show him how her husband tried to strangle her and when the woman put two fingers on the policeman's neck, she got arrested, records show.

Officer Michael Garay, responding to a domestic disturbance, charged Claudia Ambroziak, 58, with battery on a law enforcement officer, although he asked the woman for the demonstration, police reports state.

"I asked Claudia to show me how Joe (Ambroziak) choked her," Garay wrote in his report. "Claudia was able to place approximately two fingers and her thumb around the front of my neck...was able to apply pressure to the front of my neck."

Garay said he then grabbed Claudia Ambroziak's hand "before she was able to apply any more pressure to my neck," and charged her with battery on a law enforcement officer, according to his report.

The incident happened when Garay responded to a domestic disturbance call at 10:57 a.m. Wednesday at a Hoyt Drive home in Port Orange. Joe Ambroziak told Garay his wife of 33 years kicked him in the back while they were arguing and tried to attack him. Joe Ambroziak told the officer he protected himself by placing his right hand around Claudia Ambroziak's neck.

And when interviewing Claudia Ambroziak, Garay asked her to show him how her husband choked her. The woman jumped off the couch and said "I'll show how you how he did," and reached out to place her fingers on the officer's neck.

She got arrested for touching the officer. Claudia Ambroziak was also charged with domestic battery.

People are WAAYYYY too trusting of cops.