PDA

View Full Version : CRUZ VICTORY A WIN FOR RON PAUL, LOSS FOR RICK PERRY AND GOP ESTABLISHMENT

sailingaway
08-01-2012, 10:59 AM
http://www.ronpaul2012.com/2012/08/01/cruz-victory-a-win-for-ron-paul-loss-for-rick-perry-and-gop-establishment/

rockandrollsouls
08-01-2012, 01:08 PM
Huge wins. We must continue to support liberty candidates and have them at every turn of government until we can effectively shrink it!!

ILUVRP
08-01-2012, 01:10 PM
"Many think the Ron Paul movement will die after Dr. Paul leaves office. They are wrong. Dead wrong. And Cruz’ victory is but a tiny sliver of what is yet to come."

its sad to say but i am one that thinks the Ron Paul movement will die when Ron Paul is out of office .

name some names of elected people that --wants to edit the fed and get rid of them --close at least 90% of overseas military bases--close 4 or 5 goverment departments---reduce the size of all others--not get draged into any wars that have no effect on America--revamp ss and medicare--keep asking the fed chairman the tough questions.

i doubt that you will find anyone to keep the complete movement going.

LibertyEagle
08-01-2012, 01:15 PM
"Many think the Ron Paul movement will die after Dr. Paul leaves office. They are wrong. Dead wrong. And Cruz’ victory is but a tiny sliver of what is yet to come."

its sad to say but i am one that thinks the Ron Paul movement will die when Ron Paul is out of office .

name some names of elected people that --wants to edit the fed and get rid of them --close at least 90% of overseas military bases--close 4 or 5 goverment departments---reduce the size of all others--not get draged into any wars that have no effect on America--revamp ss and medicare--keep asking the fed chairman the tough questions.

That "anyone" is US!! Come on, man, buck up. Ron Paul is still going to be in the game. In fact, he will have more time to devote to it once he is out of the Congress.

FSP-Rebel
08-01-2012, 01:16 PM
There's pro-liberty pols being elected to help boost the others already there. However, the movement lives on in us being involved in our local and state parties like Ron wants. Not to mention, Ron will be in the background somewhere. And if he ever wants to make a speech, the hordes will show up en masse.

KEEF
08-01-2012, 01:24 PM
http://www.ronpaul2012.com/2012/08/01/cruz-victory-a-win-for-ron-paul-loss-for-rick-perry-and-gop-establishment/

...and unfortunately, Faux spins it like it is a win for Sarah Palin.

LibertyEagle
08-01-2012, 01:26 PM
There's pro-liberty pols being elected to help boost the others already there. However, the movement lives on in us being involved in our local and state parties like Ron wants. Not to mention, Ron will be in the background somewhere. And if he ever wants to make a speech, the hordes will show up en masse.

Truth.

What happens from here on out is up to us. I hope we continue to stand tall. We have been doing fabulously. Let's take it home.

sailingaway
08-01-2012, 01:29 PM
That "anyone" is US!! Come on, man, buck up. Ron Paul is still going to be in the game. In fact, he will have more time to devote to it once he is out of the Congress.

this. I am not sure I consider 'electing more candidates like Cruz' the best we can do, but defeating Dewhurst is certainly a good thing. We can look at Cruz's record as he gets one. And his winning WAS a win for Paul.

FSP-Rebel
08-01-2012, 01:35 PM
...and unfortunately, Faux spins it like it is a win for Sarah Palin.
That's fine, they wouldn't give Ron credit for anything, certainly not HR 459 passing the House. So, they can keep pounding sand up their butts for all I care.

rockandrollsouls
08-01-2012, 01:39 PM
...Not to mention there was a significant amount of us birthing this movement before it culminated with Ron's more successful presidential run in 2008. The seeds were planted long before this movement "became" Ron Paul.

The movement was around before Ron Paul and it will live on, perhaps even stronger, after Ron Paul.

Barrex
08-01-2012, 02:29 PM
Kurt Bills needs help.

Endthefednow
08-01-2012, 02:31 PM
Nope sorry to tell you all that it was thanks to the Tea Party and Sarah Palin don`t ya know.

Ron Paul who?

Sola_Fide
08-01-2012, 03:09 PM

No way man. This movement is just starting to take the first steps at taking over the local party machines. A tireless minority always wins in the end.

dillo
08-01-2012, 03:20 PM
Ron is like V, you cannot kill an idea

truthspeaker
08-01-2012, 03:29 PM
Stockman--Liberty Candidate won too. New Congressional District 36. (Texas)

<<Unseated from Congress after one term in 1996 and beaten in his last race for office in 1998, conservative stalwart Steve Stockman staged a stunning comeback Tuesday night by winning the Republican nomination for Congress from Texas’s newly carved 36th District. By a margin of 52 to 48 percent, the 55-year-old Stockman defeated financial planner Stephen Takach in the run-off for the GOP nomination that is tantamount to election in the Houston-area district.>>

http://www.humanevents.com/2012/08/01/steve-stockman-cinches-texas-36-primary/

Close one.

Weber won in Ron Paul's district. He was the one endorsed by RP after the first round of primaries. He is not the best, but he will vote for lower taxes. Not sure where he stands on war, though.

sailingaway
08-01-2012, 03:30 PM
Kurt Bills needs help.

this, and he has a money bomb coming up (see my signature)

truthspeaker
08-01-2012, 03:32 PM
Technically, all this is a Tea Party victory in Texas. Yes, the liberty movement is partially connected, with half of the Tea Party supporting Ron Paul over Sarah Palin.

I agree with the earlier posts: getting involved in your local GOP makes the difference. Try your best, dress for success. Get them used to you so you can become DELEGATES in the future. Good luck guys.

God Bless the primary winners.

eleganz
08-01-2012, 04:27 PM
When is Ron running for Texas governor? I'll be moving when that happens :D

Bastiat's The Law
08-01-2012, 04:27 PM
The movement will live on because we have a guiding philosophy. There's actual substance to our movement and we deal in issues not empty rhetoric or petty political vindictiveness. The future is ours.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kag6YQHBXyY

ILUVRP
08-01-2012, 04:42 PM
the 2 people i think that is like Ron Paul and would support ALL his ideas are ---jon huntsman and gary johnson .

like i said we need someone in power that people will listen to , someone in a high office , of which huntsman and johnson are not.

Peace&Freedom
08-01-2012, 06:42 PM
Cruz appears mostly good on paper, let's hope it continues when it comes to policy. But his victory is more a testament to being an outsider who used resources outside the local Republican establishment structure, in a safe GOP open seat/no incumbent primary scenario. The cooperative, grassroots-based approach at work, in other words, not the all-inside-the-GOP concept. We should repeat this more often, in both local Democratic and Republican open-seat situations.