PDA

View Full Version : Beauty Queen Dragged Out of Bed Naked by Deputies

green73
08-01-2012, 09:38 AM
http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktla-miss-nevada-sheriffs-lawsuit,0,352315.story

LOS ANGELES (KTLA) -- A former beauty queen is suing the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department after she says deputies kicked down the wrong apartment door, pointed guns at her and her fiancee and watched as she got out of bed, naked.

Calenche Ranae Manos, a former Miss Nevada 2007, says in her lawsuit that the incident happened on the night of November 15, 2011.

Manos and her fiancee, Eric Otto Ryder, say deputies had a search warrant for apartment "C" but entered their unit -- clearly marked as apartment "A."

"At that time Ms. Manos was still in bed and was naked," the complaint, obtained by Courthouse News Service, states.

"The sheriff deputies, all of which were male and armed with guns, ordered Ms. Manos to get out of bed and then watched as she attempted to do so," it alleges.

The officers then spent a "significant amount of time" in the apartment before they realized their mistake, according to the complaint.

One of the officers allegedly joked that Manos would have a good story to tell at Thanksgiving.

Manos is seeking damages for negligence, false imprisonment and civil rights violations.

She is also accusing the deputies of sexual harassment.

KCIndy
08-01-2012, 09:49 AM
If she wins - and I hope she does - the settlement ought to come out of the salaries and pensions of the cops on that raid.

Until some of these guys start getting held personally responsible, this sh*t is never going to end.

dannno
08-01-2012, 09:49 AM
Youtube or it didn't happen

KCIndy
08-01-2012, 09:51 AM
One of the officers allegedly joked that Manos would have a good story to tell at Thanksgiving.

Yeah.

It's always funny to the bullies who get their kicks by pushing innocent people around. It's always a big joke. Why aren't you laughing, bub? Just our little mistake, that's all...

I wonder how they would react if it was their daughter getting manhandled like this? :mad::mad:

AGRP
08-01-2012, 09:55 AM
Wouldn't it be better to at least privatize the police force so these people could be personally held accountable?

jmdrake
08-01-2012, 10:02 AM
If she wins - and I hope she does - the settlement ought to come out of the salaries and pensions of the cops on that raid.

Until some of these guys start getting held personally responsible, this sh*t is never going to end.

Yeah. That sound like a good idea in general.

pcosmar
08-01-2012, 10:03 AM
Wouldn't it be better to at least privatize the police force so these people could be personally held accountable?
NO
It would be better to eliminate the concept of police entirely.

If you want to hire a "Bodyguard" you are welcome to.
But that bodyguard has NO right or business harassing or assaulting anyone on your behalf.

Police are an Authoritarian construct and concept. Their purpose for existence is CONTROL.

They should not exist in a free society. Police should not exist.. not even in concept.

asurfaholic
08-01-2012, 10:28 AM
NO

But that bodyguard has NO right or business harassing or assaulting anyone on your behalf.

Police are an Authoritarian construct and concept. Their purpose for existence is CONTROL.

They should not exist in a free society. Police should not exist.. not even in concept.

Is there some legitimate purpose, like when a real crime is committed? Armed robbery? Rape and run? Vehicle accident? In a normal society, how would these listed examples be swiftly investigated and acted on to put the offender away? Not everyone will be able to afford private security, and relying on a citizen to hire a p.investigator to solve a crime or determine fault in an accident could easily be ineffective.

Honest question... I am 90% sold on your statement otherwise.

AGRP
08-01-2012, 10:38 AM
NO

Agreed 100%, but I stated "at least" because no police seems like a distant reality. Privatization hopefully will make sure the thugs think about reading their paperwork before they break down doors in the middle of the night.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
08-01-2012, 11:15 AM
NO

We should get rid of all the criminals in a similar manner. Uh . . . where do we start? I guess we could hit them by throwing lawyers at them. Perhaps we could bomb them with lawyers from planes up above? Or perhaps we could convince them to walk down to the ocean to make salt like Gandhi, also a lawyer, once did. Then, after distracting them to look away off into the far distance, push them all of the sudden into the sea with a bulldozer drowning them to death!

pcosmar
08-01-2012, 11:15 AM
Agreed 100%, but I stated "at least" because no police seems like a distant reality. Privatization hopefully will make sure the thugs think about reading their paperwork before they break down doors in the middle of the night.

Privatization has been done.. Catastrophically.

The Pinkerton Detective Agency,, Hired thugs for the railroads,, They use strong-arm tactics and murder to force people from their homes.

One of the most notable was Jessie James,, who went to war with the railroad after his home was bombed (mother injured and brother killed).
They were also used to attack striking workers.

Think of Blackwater thugs patrolling your neighborhood. That is what private police would look like.

http://www.constitution.org/lrev/roots/cops.htm

The Constitution contains no explicit provisions for criminal law enforcement. Nor did the constitutions of any of the several states contain such provisions at the time of the Founding. Early constitutions enunciated the intention that law enforcement was a universal duty that each person owed to the community, rather than a power of the government. Founding-era constitutions addressed law enforcement from the standpoint of individual liberties and placed explicit barriers upon the state.
First off is a need to eliminate 99.9% of the laws. They are both unnecessary and unneeded.
We need to take the law back into our own hands where it belongs.

pcosmar
08-01-2012, 11:25 AM
We should get rid of all the criminals in a similar manner. Uh . . . where do we start? I guess we could hit them by throwing lawyers at them. Perhaps we could bomb them with lawyers from planes up above? Or perhaps we could convince them to walk down to the ocean to make salt like Gandhi, also a lawyer, once did. Then, after distracting them to look away off into the far distance, push them all of the sudden into the sea with a bulldozer drowning them to death!

Why is it that any time you type something remotely coherent it is damn stupid?

Crime will likely never be eliminated,, but you can create a lot less "criminals" by having less laws.

PierzStyx
08-01-2012, 11:43 AM

I can't see how that would change anything. You think Blackwater is accountable?

Zap!
08-01-2012, 12:32 PM
http://www.piratesxs.com/images/smilies/this_thread_is_worthless_without_pi.gif

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
08-01-2012, 12:58 PM

Crime will likely never be eliminated,, but you can create a lot less "criminals" by having less laws.

I didn't understand your first sentence.
In regards to crime, never allow your right hand to know what your left hand is doing by way of separating the official police state from the militia. As the official police state was recognized by our Founding Fathers to be a necessary tyranny, the militia was formed to protect our neighbors from all types of tyranny both domestic and abroad.

The police state controls the militia for some reason. This shouldn't be the case. As the president is supposed to be the commander and chief over the military, each state should have command over each militia.

Another example of what I'm talking about is how the police in Texas are allowed to pimp the private business of security. While the official deemed police state in Texas is under the command of the Attorney General, with this administrative position making up a fifth of what is the Executive Branch of Texas State Government, the private security business is under the command of the Texas Department of Public Safety. I don't know why this is so. This doesn't create an ideal business, but a hideous meanness.
What does this mean? Well, it means we are talking about dangerous ideas here. We are talking about taking on predators with teeth. Real bastards who have a lot at stake in keeping the pimping business alive and well.
The official police state and the private business of security have different philosophies and should be kept separate. While the official police state in Texas is under the authority of the Attorney General, the private business of security should be under either the Governor of Texas or the Lt. Governor of Texas, with these two positions making up two-thirds of the Executive branch of Texas Government.
In this way, the official police state can't keep tabs on what the private business of security is reporting on it.

I learned this because of my part time job as a commissioned security guard.

So, I can give you a good example. I ran across a situation of a crack head being harassed by a sheriff deputy. I didn't report it on my logs though. However, when the crack head mysteriously disappeared, I did report his disappearance from the vicinity. In response, my Sargent complained about it. You see, my Sargent was once a member of the official police state.

There is just a huge amount of organized crime that happens because of this. Trust me.

The official police state and the standing militia should be separated. In this way, the reporting by the militia can keep tabs on the official state.

Here is some more of the meanness involved in separating this business as no police officers should be allowed to work in security, of which they get the best jobs, while no former police officers should be allowed to manage or own such businesses.

You see, while life is a friendly business, tyranny involves the business of meanness.

You know, I'm not the one out of touch with reality here as I fully realize how we are going to have to win back our nation from a bevy of mean bastards.

TonySutton
08-01-2012, 01:18 PM
Anyone who thinks the police do not work harder to solve crimes involving them, their families and connected people while working less diligently for the poor folks in bad neighborhoods is fooling themselves. That said, we have public defenders who currently represent people who do not have the money to defend themselves in court. Absent of police, people would hire detectives to solve crimes. Some companies might provide these services for free in order to build their reputation in the community while there would also be charity groups who could assist those who lack the funds to hire investigators.

With a profit motive in play I suspect private detectives would provide a vastly superior service to their clients than is currently provided by police.

CaptainAmerica
08-01-2012, 01:27 PM
rapist pigs. I bet you anything that the cops had stalked her facebook account and decided to make a fake search just to stalk her.

LibertyEagle
08-01-2012, 01:35 PM
Interesting. Thanks.

First off is a need to eliminate 99.9% of the laws. They are both unnecessary and unneeded.

I sure do agree with you on that.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
08-01-2012, 01:46 PM
rapist pigs. I bet you anything that the cops had stalked her facebook account and decided to make a fake search just to stalk her.

But how would they know she would jump out of her bed naked? Uh? You lost me at that sticking point.

CaptainAmerica
08-01-2012, 01:47 PM
But how would they know she would jump out of her bed naked? Uh? You lost me at that sticking point.
Like I said, they were most likely stalking all of her social networking and possibly phones.Now days cops have a lot of access to private info without people knowing it.

LibertyRevolution
08-01-2012, 01:50 PM
Think of Blackwater thugs patrolling your neighborhood. That is what private police would look like.

QFT.

NIU Students for Liberty
08-01-2012, 02:07 PM
Here's a peak of what the cops saw:

http://blu.stb.s-msn.com/i/92/A956654E61FC4E52915EDD04E66C.jpg

phill4paul
08-01-2012, 02:09 PM
Youtube or it didn't happen

You never fail to perform to my expectations. TY.

alucard13mmfmj
08-01-2012, 02:33 PM
they might as well "accidently" break into all the houses where super models, victoria secret models and beauty queens reside in.

asurfaholic
08-01-2012, 03:32 PM
Is there some legitimate purpose, like when a real crime is committed? Armed robbery? Rape and run? Vehicle accident? In a normal society, how would these listed examples be swiftly investigated and acted on to put the offender away? Not everyone will be able to afford private security, and relying on a citizen to hire a p.investigator to solve a crime or determine fault in an accident could easily be ineffective.

Honest question... I am 90% sold on your statement otherwise.

Anyone?

Pericles
08-01-2012, 03:41 PM

The Pinkerton Detective Agency,, Hired thugs for the railroads,, They use strong-arm tactics and murder to force people from their homes.

One of the most notable was Jessie James,, who went to war with the railroad after his home was bombed (mother injured and brother killed).

Hit that one out of the park.

jbauer
08-01-2012, 03:49 PM
Not to point out the obvious, but you could have no crime if you had no laws. I think police have a place in a civilized society.

green73
08-01-2012, 03:57 PM
Here's a great talk that addresses many people's questions about law and security in a free society.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0_Jd_MzGCw

PaulConventionWV
08-01-2012, 04:24 PM
http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktla-miss-nevada-sheriffs-lawsuit,0,352315.story

Ahaha. That was a funny joke the officer made. Everyone laugh along... or else.

PaulConventionWV
08-01-2012, 04:27 PM

A full-time police force isn't necessary. All we really need is for citizens to do their civic duty. We would have county sheriffs and night watchmen. The only reason the citizen's arrest is all but unheard-of these days is because we've grown the professional police force and subdued the population into obedience, not mindfulness. In a Constitutional Republic like our own, the citizens enforce the laws and the sheriff helps arrest and house the criminals.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
08-01-2012, 04:34 PM
Here's a peak of what the cops saw:

http://blu.stb.s-msn.com/i/92/A956654E61FC4E52915EDD04E66C.jpg

Well, I guess she is okay. I don't know why the police would go crazy over her though. She is just a dime a dozen blonde in my opinion. If I had to tell the truth, I'd rather have the blonde from ABBA as my little cheerleader always by my side singing in support of my vain lazy attemps at making a decent living.

Anti Federalist
08-01-2012, 07:06 PM
I concur, home run.

And Pinkerton wasn't the only one, the "private" police goon squads used in the mining towns of West Virginia have an equally sordid history.

The Constitution contains no explicit provisions for criminal law enforcement. Nor did the constitutions of any of the several states contain such provisions at the time of the Founding. Early constitutions enunciated the intention that law enforcement was a universal duty that each person owed to the community, rather than a power of the government. Founding-era constitutions addressed law enforcement from the standpoint of individual liberties and placed explicit barriers upon the state.

Anti Federalist
08-01-2012, 07:09 PM

LOL - You're on fire tonight.

I owe ya another rep.

Feeding the Abscess
08-01-2012, 07:12 PM

We need to abolish, not privatize. Distinction with a difference, privatization is the government giving contracts to a "private" corp and having them do the government's work, to abolish police would be to leave it to the market to fill the gap.

Feeding the Abscess
08-01-2012, 07:14 PM
A full-time police force isn't necessary. All we really need is for citizens to do their civic duty. We would have county sheriffs and night watchmen. The only reason the citizen's arrest is all but unheard-of these days is because we've grown the professional police force and subdued the population into obedience, not mindfulness. In a Constitutional Republic like our own, the citizens enforce the laws and the sheriff helps arrest and house the criminals.

You're like a half-step away from embracing anarcho-capitalism, voluntaryism, whatever you want to call it. Welcome!

pcosmar
08-01-2012, 07:50 PM
Not to point out the obvious, but you could have no crime if you had no laws. I think police have a place in a civilized society.

Very few laws are necessary,, and could be counted on your fingers.
Can't murder.
Can't steal
Assault
Fraud (can't steal)
Rape (assault)
few, if any, others.

All of these can be handled by citizens,, arresting and charging in a court of law. An Elected Sheriff in each county to oversee such.
What is the need for an Authoritarian Control Force? (call it what it is)

GeorgiaAvenger
08-01-2012, 07:56 PM
NICE!

PaulConventionWV
08-02-2012, 08:57 AM
I concur, home run.

And Pinkerton wasn't the only one, the "private" police goon squads used in the mining towns of West Virginia have an equally sordid history.

If I recall correctly, the mining catastrophe in WV resulted in the first time ever that the federal government used the military on its own citizens, including the air force. The term "red neck" (ya might be a redneck if...) came from the miners, who would skirmish around through the woods and wore red bandanas around their necks so they could identify each other. There's a very interesting history behind that whole fiasco.

PaulConventionWV
08-02-2012, 08:58 AM
You're like a half-step away from embracing anarcho-capitalism, voluntaryism, whatever you want to call it. Welcome!

Thanks, but I'm content to maintain that half-step difference that is the Constitution.

pcosmar
08-02-2012, 09:19 AM
Thanks, but I'm content to maintain that half-step difference that is the Constitution.

Same,,but I do think that voluntaryism is embodied within the Constitution.
I am sometimes called an anarchist,, but it is simple not true. I am not anarcho-anything. I do not even believe that anarchy can exist,, beyond a moment of Chaos.

A am just anti-authoritarian.

tod evans
08-02-2012, 09:33 AM
An Elected Sheriff in each county to oversee such.
What is the need for an Authoritarian Control Force? (call it what it is)

We're a nation of pussies, more than 8 out of 10 "people" would rather cry to "the police" to defend their honor or property than take matters into their own hands.

I've gotta wonder how many here on RPF have actually fought to defend anything? I mean with fists, knifes or even a gun.

It evens sickens me to read about the idea of private security forces in lieu of cops.......They're just another way of avoiding taking care of yourself..

Oh-well I'm one of "those grey-beards" that's so out of touch...:o

jmdrake
08-02-2012, 11:25 AM
All I want to know is, whatever happened to "We have you surrounded. Come out with your hands up?" Seriously, there have been so many no knock raids gone bad because they were at the wrong house or because some innocent child was killed by SWAT that I think it's time for an outright ban.

tod evans
08-02-2012, 11:28 AM
All I want to know is, whatever happened to "We have you surrounded. Come out with your hands up?" Seriously, there have been so many no knock raids gone bad because they were at the wrong house or because some innocent child was killed by SWAT that I think it's time for an outright ban.

One was too many.

Bruno
08-02-2012, 11:44 AM
One was too many.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCxDrfs4GtM#t=4m10s

Jump to 4:10. Tried to get it to skip, but isn't working.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
08-02-2012, 03:29 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCxDrfs4GtM#t=4m10s

Jump to 4:10. Tried to get it to skip, but isn't working.

Before being taken seriously, one first has to suffer being the fool.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
08-02-2012, 03:33 PM
I'll fight.............And I don't suck cock.

You must live in a different world than I do.

You know, the chicken thing. Get it? Sucking "cock." Ha ha. Oh well. You know, a few days ago, the distraction was about batman and a joker. Indeed, be kick ass serious. Just quit taking all the nonsense so serious. When you discount all the nonsense, you don't have to be so smart.

tod evans
08-02-2012, 03:42 PM
You know, the chicken thing. Get it? Sucking "cock." Ha ha. Oh well. You know, a few days ago, the distraction was about batman and a joker. Indeed, be kick ass serious. Just quit taking all the nonsense so serious. When you discount all the nonsense, you don't have to be so smart.

I'm not book smart, however I've achieved a doctorate from the school of hard-knocks...

To me it's a serious matter that my countrymen choose time and again to watch passively from the sidelines while "others" fight their battles for them.

The really hard part to get a grip on is that those who actually have the guts to stand and fight for family/property or even honor are condemned in the judicial system for exhibiting the traits our country was founded on...

presence
08-02-2012, 03:55 PM

^^^^ THIS +rep

^^^^ AND THIS +rep

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
08-02-2012, 04:15 PM
I'm not book smart, however I've achieved a doctorate from the school of hard-knocks...

To me it's a serious matter that my countrymen choose time and again to watch passively from the sidelines while "others" fight their battles for them.

The really hard part to get a grip on is that those who actually have the guts to stand and fight for family/property or even honor are condemned in the judicial system for exhibiting the traits our country was founded on...

That is why it is better to utilize natural rights over civil rights. Natural rights work on the level of the conscience. Tyranny, because it has been intoxicated by the false powers of manipulation, has become a drunkard. Yet, tyranny is the one trespassing because, by natural right, the people are the ones who own all the property and the wealth.

Pericles
08-02-2012, 07:10 PM

From the Green Beret board:

You know, if you want to talk to someone, you could just call and ask them down to the police station. You could surveil the house to prevent an escape. Remember Waco?

If you want to arrest me, just call or send me a letter telling me when to report. I'll be there a few minutes early with my attorney.

If you have a warrant and want to search my home, stop by during daylight hours, and I would appreciate the opportunity to sit down with you and drink a cup of coffee while we wait for my legal counsel to arrive. If you are on a tight schedule, I understand. Just give me a minute to get the family and pets secured and do your thing. Just put it back like it was when you are done looking. Respect is a two way street.

If you show up in uniform with no warrant and ask to search, the answer is going to be "No." I don't have anything to hide, but I believe in the 4th Amendment. You cuff me up and search it anyway, I think I am going to see if I can get you fired, if not incarcerated, and I suspect that my lawyer is going to make out well on the civil suit for violating my rights.

If you show up in the middle of the night and crash my door, a series of unfortunate events are going to follow that will tie at least one of us up for a long time. A home invasion can look exactly like a no-knock service, and I have a contingency plan for repelling boarders. I suspect that you do as well, and would execute on the same circumstances, so think about it.

I assume that the legitimate purpose of a no-knock, nighttime, door kicking visit is to prevent evidence from being destroyed or suspects from escaping. If you turn off the water, cover the exits, and knock, what are you going to miss?